Hearing aid device

domdom

You absolutely will not get any good hearing aids in Pattaya, BPH and PIH do not sell Hearing Aids, they bring in "agents" from Bangkok for visits and they sell old model equipment at 3 times UK prices. The only place I know of with good hearing Test Eqipment is :

Eartone (Thailand) Co. Ltd
20 Sukhumvit 22
TH-Bangkok 10110

Phone 1: ++66 2 258 2348
Phone 2: ++66 2 259 2502
Fax: ++66 2 663 4058
E-Mail: [email protected]
E-Mail2: [email protected]

In the UK the best most expensive PHONAK hearing aids for example are £2500 for a pair.   Msg me if you want further details.

Best Paul

Hello and thank you..

In fact I sent a mail to eartone this afternoon asking them if they have an office in Pattaya..

Would of course prefer to do it here to avoid trips to Bgk..

Thanks for info, as I don t want to go for old devices, of course..

Then, buy in Europe leads to other issues in case of problems as I live full year here

Have a nice evening

I have been wearing hearing aids for 50 years.

I gave up on trying to buy or service them in Thailand after several bad experiences.

As I am too old to travel to the U.S. to buy/service them anymore I tried out several PSAP Personal Sound Amplifier Products that I bought from Amazon.

The best ones I found are made by Bellman, a Swedish company.

I have both a Bellman Mino and a Maxi model.

They allow me to have a normal life, converse with friends, hear the TV, Computer, phone, etc.

Google/youtube have numerous articles, tutorials and general information on them.

They are cheap-around U.S.$200 instead of several thousand for hearing aids.

You can order them and set them up from your home in Thailand.

Amazon UK or US both sell them.

Several other UK sources carry them on google.

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

There is a hearing clinic right next to D Pharmacy on the southbound carriageway of Sukhumvit right where the motorway slip road joins Sukhumvit

The name  is DEMED, I am a regular visitor to there, I have purchased  2 hearing aids from there that are, constantly breaking down.    Hearing aids in a tropical country suffer due to sweat getting into the microphone among other things,   (behind the ear models), i have found places in the USA and UK that supply sweat covers for these hearing aids & they do work, so much so that i forgot that i had left one hearing aid in its box, in my shorts pocket, & put it into the washing machine, next morning it still  worked..

Good morning

Had a look on recomended PSAP.. It is exactly what I don t want.. I wish an internal type of hearing devices, but I am concerned about the comments regarding DEMED

No use to throw money out for devices continuously breaking down..

Thank you to all anyway.

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

There is a hearing clinic right next to D Pharmacy on the southbound carriageway of Sukhumvit right where the motorway slip road joins Sukhumvit

But no testing equipment, she told me she sets them up by her knowledge?

5 hours ago, actonion said:

The name  is DEMED, I am a regular visitor to there, I have purchased  2 hearing aids from there that are, constantly breaking down.    Hearing aids in a tropical country suffer due to sweat getting into the microphone among other things,   (behind the ear models), i have found places in the USA and UK that supply sweat covers for these hearing aids & they do work, so much so that i forgot that i had left one hearing aid in its box, in my shorts pocket, & put it into the washing machine, next morning it still  worked..

You may be correct, however I never ever had any issues with Phonaks, I did though buy on Ebay an electric drying dehumidifier  box for about £10. My hearing aids can be worn in the rain as well, no issues!

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

WHAT!

Yes, that is correct, rechargeable type with best range for extreme hearing loss, if you don't need this type, then you can purchase from as little as £250.  please keep it in context, and I mean that at BPH you see a representative from hearing firms brought down from Bangkok weekly. They sell out of date Phonaks for triple the UK price. After seeing them the first thing I did was check them on the internet only to see "discontinued "

Of course it's up to you, but why buy for example DEMEDs when you can see they are poor, look them up on internet, many issues.... Good luck!

I've been wearing hearing aids for 14 or so years....started with $1000 in canal aids, graduated to $2000 IC aids, then $5000 behind the ear, and finally $6500 BTE.  

I recognized I needed hearing aids when I took my newish Toyota truck to the dealer to complain about the lack of sound when I turned on turn signals.  The girl checked and said it was fine.  I didn't hear squat.  

Of all the hearing aids I've worn, the latest are the greatest......Oticon OPNs.  I got my first pair from Audimed in Bangkok.  I can bluetooth my TV and phone into my hearing aids.  Far better than the previous edition of Oticon for $5000.  Technology is improving!    I lost one of my $6500 while pulling a Russian girl out of strong surf in Samui with my daughter.  The other stayed on my ear, and despite getting a good drenching from the sea, the hearing aid still works to this day.  I've since bought a second pair of the same OPNs, using the old one as an emergency backup in case I visit Samui again.

The Oticons I've bought came out of sealed packages.  

If you can't hear the crunch of leaves or gravel under your feet, the turn signals in your vehicle, your partner when you're whispering to each other, or the sound of tap water crashing into the bottom of a porcelain cup, you need hearing aids.  How much you spend depends on how much you value your hearing.

Good luck!

I agree OTICONS, and SIGNIA are good, in every area similar to PHONAKS, except the latest PHONAKS are rechargeable life guarantee and as no battery compartment to open, do not have an issue with humidity as they are sealed units...Regardless I still use an electric dehumidifier. The problem most do not realise is that as your hearing deteriorates, the importance of a professional setting up and regular adjustments which can only be effected by a computer set up. Even BPH cannot set up hearing aids, they can only effect hearing tests etc.

On 9/30/2019 at 10:49 AM, actonion said:

An update on my last post,, My Widex aid stopped working again so off i go to DEMED,  the girl in the shop said that i can't have it repaired due to it being one of the cheaper models ...and the hearing aids that they normally loan ... are no more...then she goes back to  playing with her mobile phone.......it looks like a trip to Bangkok every time you need a repair  Demed is  useless

I have a pair of Phonak's.  I have had Phonaks in the past an from what I am told all of the other brands are constant service problems.  My pair I bought "used" on ebay I suspect they were a demo pair from an audiologist.  I sent him my audiogram and he programmed them.  I got the rechargeable model and I can tell you I would never go back to the ones constantly changing batteries.  The charge lasts about 2 days.  You plug them in and within 1 hour they are fully charged. 

On 9/30/2019 at 8:41 PM, kokesaat said:

I've been wearing hearing aids for 14 or so years....started with $1000 in canal aids, graduated to $2000 IC aids, then $5000 behind the ear, and finally $6500 BTE.  

I recognized I needed hearing aids when I took my newish Toyota truck to the dealer to complain about the lack of sound when I turned on turn signals.  The girl checked and said it was fine.  I didn't hear squat.  

Of all the hearing aids I've worn, the latest are the greatest......Oticon OPNs.  I got my first pair from Audimed in Bangkok.  I can bluetooth my TV and phone into my hearing aids.  Far better than the previous edition of Oticon for $5000.  Technology is improving!    I lost one of my $6500 while pulling a Russian girl out of strong surf in Samui with my daughter.  The other stayed on my ear, and despite getting a good drenching from the sea, the hearing aid still works to this day.  I've since bought a second pair of the same OPNs, using the old one as an emergency backup in case I visit Samui again.

The Oticons I've bought came out of sealed packages.  

If you can't hear the crunch of leaves or gravel under your feet, the turn signals in your vehicle, your partner when you're whispering to each other, or the sound of tap water crashing into the bottom of a porcelain cup, you need hearing aids.  How much you spend depends on how much you value your hearing.

Good luck!

If you are paying 6.5K for a hearing aid you are being screwed. I have had hearing loss for 40 years now and have never came across hearing aids that expensive. unfortunately Audiologists can charge as much as they want for hearing aids. My previous audiologist quoted me $6250 for my latest hearing aid. Of course i told them where to go. I called 6 Other clinics and asked them to give me their best price, it was for a high end GN resound high powered aid with full streaming and remote from smart phone. The cheapest price quoted was $2850 which included fitting and programming, you can get them even cheaper online but will then have to pay to have them programmed. I now have one cochlear implant too and it is far superior to any hearing aid i have had in 40 year.

9 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I have a pair of Phonak's.  I have had Phonaks in the past an from what I am told all of the other brands are constant service problems.  My pair I bought "used" on ebay I suspect they were a demo pair from an audiologist.  I sent him my audiogram and he programmed them.  I got the rechargeable model and I can tell you I would never go back to the ones constantly changing batteries.  The charge lasts about 2 days.  You plug them in and within 1 hour they are fully charged. 

Yes, I have the same, however I would still use a dehumidifier / dryer box sometimes, £10 on Ebay.

Archived