Tired of living with such a noisy familly

Liverpudlian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY.......would u be living with anyone........let alone her parents in Surin.

It would be bad enough if u had your own place in Surin or anywhere else in Issarn.

You are tougher than myself.........I couldn’t and wouldn’t do it.......not for a minute.

Move, easy as that. 

I suppose you've never been before in Thailand??? ????

Never enjoyed loud music from neighbours? ????

Never enjoyed karaoke with drunk Thais? ????

Never enjoyed angry conversations between Thai Ladies? ????

And now you're complaining? 

Laddie, take your pants and run

????

Retired with a two year old an two other kids? What are people thinking when they even contemplate this? There should be a requirement for a vasectomy (tattoo in the ear perhaps?) before any long term permission to stay based on retirement is granted. Simply crazy. 

I'm happy with grandkids - can give them back to my kids when I've had enough!

Retirement, to me, is for a more relaxed lifestyle doing what I want and not running around after kids, for what will most likely be the rest of my life. Did that in my twenties, thirties and forties. No desire to do it later in life. The sad thing is that the kids will most likely lose their father when they need him most.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:00 PM, sirineou said:

Not going to change so you need to learn to live with it.

Perhaps you can go to loud isaan music festivals and sit near the speakers, then when your hearing is damaged you can wear a hearing aid with a volume knob ????

Or just wear ear protectors. Maybe they'll get the message

17 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Retired with a two year old an two other kids? What are people thinking when they even contemplate this? There should be a requirement for a vasectomy (tattoo in the ear perhaps?) before any long term permission to stay based on retirement is granted. Simply crazy. 

I'm happy with grandkids - can give them back to my kids when I've had enough!

Retirement, to me, is for a more relaxed lifestyle doing what I want and not running around after kids, for what will most likely be the rest of my life. Did that in my twenties, thirties and forties. No desire to do it later in life. The sad thing is that the kids will most likely lose their father when they need him most.

No need to get personal.
Everybody is different.

Each to their own.

Me, i never had kids in my 20-30-40's, nor was i married. Nor did i want to.

I lived a hard working self employed, party animal lifestyle.

Happy as a pig in <deleted>.

Now i'm married, with kids.

My son was born when i was 45. His 14th birthday next month.

And i'm also still happy as a pig in <deleted>.

My wife has 2 volume levels. loud and insanely loud. For the first 6 months we were together I would just politely ask her to turn it down a little. Then one particularly culturaly frustrating day, I blurted out 'are you deaf or something?', to which I got a very quiet answer, yes, in one ear. Turns out she was nervous about telling me. I never complain about it since.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, Yinn said:

use google “thai suay people” 

Then you will know. 400,000 in Thailand. In Surin a lot.

Actor. tony Jaa 

Boxer Buakao

Suay same same superstar

(Just a little joke, pls don't take it serious ????)

On 9/29/2019 at 11:39 PM, White Christmas13 said:

suayR. [is] beautiful; pretty; lovely; gorgeous; attractive; nice-looking [usually referring to women but also possibly a view]

where does it mention Surin?

Refers to 'Kuy' (Guay phonetically) people a minority tribe that live around Surin (also in Cambodia and Laos). Kuy means human being in their language which is quite musical and very different to Thai. Personally I could listen to it all day long. Loud or not ????

Thais mispronounce the 'Kuy' as 'Suay' or 'Suei' which does not mean 'beautiful' but 'those who pay tribute' (yes I know but check the Thai spelling).

21 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Move, easy as that. 

I suppose you've never been before in Thailand??? ????

Never enjoyed loud music from neighbours? ????

Never enjoyed karaoke with drunk Thais? ????

Never enjoyed angry conversations between Thai Ladies? ????

And now you're complaining? 

Laddie, take your pants and run

????

Been ere 15 years matey !  seen it all , and from all angles i am solely here to support my wee girl FULL STOP.    

On 9/29/2019 at 6:52 PM, Liverpudlian said:

I kid you not ! since i moved in with the G/Fs folks here Surin 2 years ago, i think i am going insane with the noise of it all, no one speaks to me in a normal tone its as if i am hard of hearing or even deaf !! any one else here get my drift ?

I do get your drift ... I've been up in Surin many times. After a few years, I couldn't stay there longer than 2-3 days and was most happy to be home again.

It's not so much about the noise, I guess ... it's more about the lack of privacy you get, which can get to you after a while.

The house is always open, people walk in and out all day long ... village life is so much different, it's a very close community of people where 

every knows each other from childhood and visit each other and talk all day long ???? 

Not saying it's bad, they are all very nice ... it's just very different. 

I couldn't life there, I do much more prefer my privacy and silence.

And I know what you mean ... my girl was very quite in her voice outside of Surin.

But once in Surin, it's all a very different tone in the voice, much louder, sharper, yelling over to other people to scream hello, or come to dinner. 

She reached tones, I never heard before ???? And she's not angry, just the way they speak there.

Also, when they speak Khmer, is sounds much harder and not as soft as when speaking Thai.

And in Surin, it was mostly Khmer language.

Not with bad intends, but just different, I fully agree with you and can relate when you say you feel like that.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Liverpudlian said:

Mate , she is THE ONLY REASON why i am living here in this dump of corruption called L.O.S, my ex wife did me over big style on no less than 30 rye and sold my toyota vigo 4 door and simply said it was stolen but that was years ago ... i remain here for my 2 kids with the ex and my current daughter here so up yours with that gesture  of yours.

I totally understand your problem, I have lived in my wife's village for a year when I settled down.

But honestly speaking, I couldn't live there again, not because they're evil, just because of the village life, the Lao Khao guys and so on.

What are your options to move somewhere else with your wife and daughter? I know that it's easier said than done, but in the long run, you'll have to think about moving away from them. Far away. 

Best of luck! 

On 9/29/2019 at 1:54 PM, Liverpudlian said:

Cos i cant speak "fluent thai" they think i am a bozo or something, JOHN GIN COW !!! ok i hear you BUT you lot do not need to shout, is it an Isaan thing, and the noise is incredible when they take my 2 year old daughter for a simple shower, its doing my head in !!

Well, you are a bit deaf mate! They say Southport's nice and quiet at this time of year. Nice stroll along the prom before breakfast and a mooch down Lord Street. Dip into Weatherspoons for a full monty washed down by a pint of Hophouse (a new lager brewed by Guinness, bloody lovely). Ever thought of relocating?

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Clearly, the best comment and advice in this thread. 

No it's not. 

The girl is the same nice girl ... she just changes voice when talking in her home language.

For years I've been with a Surin girl ... having the nicest conversations all day long, nice soft tone.

Then the phone rings, she picks up ... 'pirrrrr prrrra prummm prrrraaammm rrrra' very loud and sharp.

I ask, why are you so angry?

She says, I'm not angry, just normal talk to my sister, nothing happened 55555

8 minutes ago, RedPill said:

No it's not. 

The girl is the same nice girl ... she just changes voice when talking in her home language.

For years I've been with a Surin girl ... having the nicest conversations all day long, nice soft tone.

Then the phone rings, she picks up ... 'pirrrrr prrrra prummm prrrraaammm rrrra' very loud and sharp.

My wife is exactly the same way, I alway tell her "why do you even need a phone, why don't you just open the window, I am sure they can hear you next town over" LOL

and you should hear her when she is angry,  this sweet, lovely ,quiet girl, becomes a force of nature.

Holly Cap!!! I run for the hills.

I always tell my friends   "you have not being yelled at, until you have being yelled at by an Asian chick"

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

I totally understand your problem, I have lived in my wife's village for a year when I settled down.

But honestly speaking, I couldn't live there again, not because they're evil, just because of the village life, the Lao Khao guys and so on.

What are your options to move somewhere else with your wife and daughter? I know that it's easier said than done, but in the long run, you'll have to think about moving away from them. Far away. 

Best of luck! 

G/Fs 37 years old and the parents are THE boss over her every move and decision her father has not spoken a word to her for over a year now .... and he is heading towards my knuckles if he does not try to stop pretending to smack my 2 1/2 year old followed with stupid grunts and trying to pull her jj shorts down if she ever strolls past him , the future of this relationship is not looking good , the G/F does not sleep in the same bed as me but on a mattress with her mother & auntie .... i had to abandon my house due to severe termite damage and not prepared to spend any more money these days due to the collapse of the pound...with an eye on going back.

17 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

G/Fs 37 years old and the parents are THE boss over her every move and decision her father has not spoken a word to her for over a year now .... and he is heading towards my knuckles if he does not try to stop pretending to smack my 2 1/2 year old followed with stupid grunts and trying to pull her jj shorts down if she ever strolls past him , the future of this relationship is not looking good , the G/F does not sleep in the same bed as me but on a mattress with her mother & auntie .... i had to abandon my house due to severe termite damage and not prepared to spend any more money these days due to the collapse of the pound...with an eye on going back.

Ok, man, that sounds like you got to move on and away from there ... one way or another. 

Best to take your wife and kid and go somewhere else, if this is possible. If she doesn't want to and stick with you, I think you know the answer.

Honestly, you can't stay and mingle in a Surin village, living in separate bedrooms with your girl ... surrounded by all of her family influencing her.

That's a game lost ... 

1 hour ago, Liverpudlian said:

.... i had to abandon my house due to severe termite damage and not prepared to spend any more money these days due to the collapse of the pound...with an eye on going back

... sorry to say, but face reality. 

They now know you are running out of money. Thai people sense this ... second to none.

Don't try to reason and ask for understanding. Just pack your bag and go ... use your energy to work on your own life 

and make more money again, and laugh at them later.

About your daughter, yes, sorry about that ... she just got a mum who didn't stuck to the father enough and help to work 

to make things happen together.

Most Thai girls are like that when they meet a Farang. They think it was the lottery of their life, most of the times.

To work, was the last thing they had in mind.

5 hours ago, mngmn said:

Refers to 'Kuy' (Guay phonetically) people a minority tribe that live around Surin (also in Cambodia and Laos). Kuy means human being in their language which is quite musical and very different to Thai. Personally I could listen to it all day long. Loud or not ????

Thais mispronounce the 'Kuy' as 'Suay' or 'Suei' which does not mean 'beautiful' but 'those who pay tribute' (yes I know but check the Thai spelling).

This people (Suay) been in Thailand longer more than Thai, Lao and Khamen.

They clever about the elephant.

The Op not answer if his family thai, Lao, khamen or Suay. 

Maybe he not know? 

6 hours ago, RedPill said:

No it's not. 

Clearly the most wierd comment today!

Archived