Going through Suvarnabhumi with a disabled friend

Scouse123

Hi Guys,

Just a little help needed. I am travelling with a pal in November, who is registered disabled, and has a card stating this from the UK.

I am entitled to Premium lane as going business class this time.

Anybody can help, what is the situation for a disabled passenger, he is not in a wheelchair.

Is there a special lane or service for him please?

Yes, there is. Easiest way is to tell your airline you will need assistance upon landing. then you will be met at the aircraft door, accompanied all the way out to the arrival hall, even to a car or taxi... Good Luck !

No problem at all, we take our 46 year old disabled daughter through the air port once or twice a year. Great service, usually get help up to the car outside. Best to let the airline know in advance and order help on departure and arrival at Bangkok. You can also book help on your return trip. 

1 hour ago, laochef said:

Yes, there is. Easiest way is to tell your airline you will need assistance upon landing. then you will be met at the aircraft door, accompanied all the way out to the arrival hall, even to a car or taxi... Good Luck !

Yes, I did that with 85 yo mum, 2 staff wisked her , and us right to the cab.. amazing service.. 

My sister needed special assistance and received help at both Heathrow and Swampy. The only problem came at Swampy when her assistance brought her out of exit B instead of C where the BA passengers were emerging from and where, naturally, I was waiting.

Fortunately, I had pre-arranged to meet my sister by Door 8 in case we missed each other, and by chance I happened to check my phone and my sister had borrowed the assistant's phone to message me that that was indeed where she was waiting. Could have been a very difficult situation, but my forethought and my sister's initiative saved the day.

By chance we saw the same assistant upon departure, and I explained to her the importance of bringing her passenger out of the correct exit. Common sense really but well, you know........ That doesn't exist in Thailand.

Ask the airline for wheel chair assistance before flying you can do this if you have already booked your tickets your friend will fly through the whole system rather than you taking care of them . I live in Thailand my wife goes back to the U.K. twice a year and as she has metal plates in her legs she cannot walk as quickly so she always has wheelchair assistance  PS you need to book it with the airline just go onto the website.

Bkk is never a problem. Ask for wheelchair assistance .... both ways.

If you are travelling BA then you will likely get a contrasting experience when returning via T4.

The assistance at Heathrow is somewhat unreliable and uncaring upon return  ... beware.

Just book for special assistance via the airline carrier
They will know then,( usually means -first on the plane- last off ) [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

29 minutes ago, Beechboy said:

Bkk is never a problem. Ask for wheelchair assistance .... both ways.

If you are travelling BA then you will likely get a contrasting experience when returning via T4.

The assistance at Heathrow is somewhat unreliable and uncaring upon return  ... beware.

LHR wheel chair assistance especially at arrivals immigration control is a disgrace when compared to BKK. At BKK you can't fault it.

It does not say much for the UK when a comparatively poor country like Thailand takes better care of disabled passengers than the sixth richest country in the world.

Glad to see the airlines still take care of people.  50+ years ago, my brother and I flew as "unaccompanied minors", maybe 16 years old or less.  The stewardess on the plane was very kind and helped us with our carry-on luggage.  Two .22 caliber rifles, with ammo in the zipper cases.  We were going groundhog hunting at the family farm in Ohio, USA.  :clap2:

Archived