This forum is now closed to further replies

keysersoze276

I am really curious why so many news articles and forum posts are closed to replies.  Other than the past couple months, I only saw that if it was regarding Royalty, which I can understand.  Now I see it all the time.  Yesterday, a forum about a guy being denied entry was closed to replies.  Today, a big biker popped a wheelie and crushed a tourist to death.  Closed to replies.  A Chinese man drown in the sea.  Closed to replies.  I don't see any rhyme or reason to it, so I thought I would ask out of curiosity, unless this topic is now closed to further replies.

This happen to all forum when they mature. In the beginning it's a small cozy place and then it gets popular and many troll come along. I try to be helpful but many of my post still get deleted. Sometimes I can understand but other time, I think I simply contradicted the wrong moderator. Eventually if it annoys me too much, I will simply move on to somewhere else. ????

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

There is also a pinned item about this at the top of this forum.

That's hilarious!  Even that one is closed to further replies!  But fair enough since it was answered.  Still seems to be completely random closures though rather than sensitive subject matter.  A Canadian denied entry isn't sensitive on that one I tried to reply to a poster who was mentioning whatever "sections of the immigration act".  I PM'd him for clarification didn't get a reply.

Well, if people were more restrained, stopped the verbal abuse and trolling of others (for amusement?), it wouldn't be necessary. Unfortunately that isn't the case and experience has proven exactly what type of articles will illicit such responses/actions and subsequently require more moderation attention.

As per forum rules 7, 8, 9. 

The primary reasons and most frequently broken rules on this forum.

Archived