Verifying 800k Baht/Jomtien/receipt?

Well, if OP went there 60 days after they could careless as that is not the rule.

It is 90 days.

That being said I just did mine and no receipt.

I guess if a person is worried they can take a photo of the IO smiling holding up your updated bank book. ????

To add, my conversation with several IO's in different provinces confirm they are aware of the 90 day rule, but no actual immigration policy on how to handle it at their offices.  So, it is what it is at Jomtien. 

Edited by bkk6060

Well, if OP went there 60 days after they could careless as that is not the rule.
It is 90 days.
That being said I just did mine and no receipt.
I guess if a person is worried they can take a photo of the IO smiling holding up your updated bank book. [emoji846]

To add, my conversation with several IO's in different provinces confirm they are aware of the 90 day rule, but no actual immigration policy on how to handle it at their offices.  So, it is what it is at Jomtien. 

My mistake. Thank you for pointing it out. It was 90 days.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, sometime said:

At jomtien the lady put the info onto her computer

Yes, you kind of expect they would 'mention' one's failure to show when it came around to renewal time. Whether proving one had retained the 800k and 400k then would suffice, we have yet to learn. 

• Like 1

When I did mine a little while ago there was no receipt when I handed in the paperwork. It just went into a pile to be processed later I guess. Probably some flunky or intern will look at the paperwork to make sure it's complete and meets the requirements and then some notation will be made on a computer, then the paperwork will go into a box which will go into storage until they run out of room and have to rent another warehouse to store all those documents.

The scary part is, you give them photocopies of your bank book along with (signed) photocopies of your passport. They are just asking for trouble with that. 

• Like 2

AFAIK it's just Jomtien who are causing themselves and expats needless work. Not sure if any other office are doing this.

It's so simple.  Once your extension has been granted, you're good for another year.  Finances 3 months after and 2 months before your next application plus not letting the balance drop below 400K in the interim, is qualification for your next extension.  Fail and you will be refused next time.

You've already qualified for the current extension!

Most IO's understand this.  What is wrong with the brain cells in Jomtien?

• Like 1

If you want some kind of receipt, just copy all what you must show , so copy double ...if they don't want to stamp that ,...,well  you have anyway your own proof of all in case of discussion when doing new ret.ext this including your bank passbook and your passport who don't lie ...

Edited by david555

9 hours ago, HHTel said:

AFAIK it's just Jomtien who are causing themselves and expats needless work. Not sure if any other office are doing this.

It's so simple.  Once your extension has been granted, you're good for another year.  Finances 3 months after and 2 months before your next application plus not letting the balance drop below 400K in the interim, is qualification for your next extension.  Fail and you will be refused next time.

You've already qualified for the current extension!

Most IO's understand this.  What is wrong with the brain cells in Jomtien?

"is qualification for your next extension. "

Not sure where you've found this mentioned.

In all probability you're correct that once you've got the extension.for another year. you will keep it until it expires simply because no one is going to bother checking to see if you maintained the correct balances until you go in for your next extension, if then. But those conditions/requirements  do exist for maintaining your current extension .

Extensions can be and  are cancelled before they expire some times.

For example, if you have an extension for any particular reason, say marriage or work, and your marriage or work ends, your extension ends immediately  even though there may be months left before it expires. 

Likewise, in the unlikely event that you were found to not have maintained the required balances at some point during the life of your current extension,  your current extension could be cancelled on the spot.

I'm not saying this will happen or that there's any specified penalty for failing to comply, but it definitely could happen.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HHTel said:

I have had confirmation of an Office in the North requiring this, although that was at renewal time some months ago, when a friend turned up there they seemed to have lost interest. Odd that Jomtien have seemingly gone it alone, although these checks are not specified in any order. . 

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have had confirmation of an Office in the North requiring this, although that was at renewal time some months ago, when a friend turned up there they seemed to have lost interest. Odd that Jomtien have seemingly gone it alone, although these checks are not specified in any order. . 

I did my 90 days report the same time I did the 90 days check. 15-20 seconds for the 90 days check and maybe 3min for the 90 days report incl. waiting for my turn. It seems like all of the whiners here at TVF must be really busy every day,or you have bad timing regarding the visits to Immigration. Who cares why Jomtien Immigration requires the 90 days check? How can it be such a big problem for everybody at TVF? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 11:12 AM, Max69xl said:

I did my 90 days report the same time I did the 90 days check. 15-20 seconds for the 90 days check and maybe 3min for the 90 days report incl. waiting for my turn. It seems like all of the whiners here at TVF must be really busy every day,or you have bad timing regarding the visits to Immigration. Who cares why Jomtien Immigration requires the 90 days check? How can it be such a big problem for everybody at TVF? 

It is like a walk to the park beach for me at I.O. Jomtien… a "flash" 90 day service ????

Edited by david555

On 10/2/2019 at 11:12 AM, Max69xl said:

Because we live in the city of moaners, wingers and complainers...5555555 

All highly expert and successful people before they decided to retire to Sin City... 

MS>

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, peeba7 said:

I this a new requirement to show funds 90 days after retirement extension?

Yes,from March 1. You show it only once at desk 8. You will get a paper with the date for the 90 days check. 

"This is required when returning after 90 days:

Copy of passport ID page & stamp showing last extension of stay. Copy of Bank passbook ID page & last page of Passbook + Appointment slip – rec’d at time of Extension of Stay."

Sign every copy at the bottom in blue ink. 

Edited by Max69xl
More info

• 4 months later...

No receipt given. 

The clerk did look impressed though at how perfect my paperwork was though. 

Seems a shame they don't give out brownie points. 

Or perhaps pats on the head. 

Good expat. Obedient expat. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No receipt given. 

The clerk did look impressed though at how perfect my paperwork was though. 

Seems a shame they don't give out brownie points. 

Or perhaps pats on the head. 

Good expat. Obedient expat. 

Are you talking about a receipt for the 1900 baht annual extension fee? I always get one stapled in my passport when picking it up next day. No receipts when doing the "90 days check" though. Just a nod from the girl behind Desk 8.

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Are you talking about a receipt for the 1900 baht annual extension fee? I always get one stapled in my passport when picking it up next day. No receipts when doing the "90 days check" though. Just a nod from the girl behind Desk 8.

I am obviously NOT talking about a receipt for money paid.

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

That's why I also said no receipts given when doing the "90 days check" at Jomtien immigration. 

Obviously I am talking here about what happens when you present the "show money" POST seasoning documents for 800K baht based retirement extensions. As that is topic here -- the "show money" reports. Not sure why anyone would even bring up the 1900 baht fee in that context. 

The point about no receipts for that is that if/when required as they don't give you any proof ("receipt") that you actually complied with their order, that isn't great. By all reports they indeed have not been giving people anything like that.

Anyway, there appear to be strong signs that Jomtien is phasing out that "show money" required visit. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2