Daikin or Mitsubishi inverter air con?

Poppadom

Hi - we have the option to upgrade the bedroom aircon that comes with our townhouse. Default is some local brand (Trane) but the company that supplies the air con units can upgrade for a reasonable fee to various Daikin and Mitsubishi models. I have narrowed it down to the following inverter units:

Mitsubishi Standard Inverter (MSY-JP15VF) https://www.mitsubishi-kyw.co.th/Product/For-Home/conditioner/Super-Inverter-(3).aspx

Daikin Sabai Inverter II (FTKQ-TV2S) https://www.daikin.co.th/en/product/sabai-inverter-ii-ftkq-tv2s/

Had both brands before (smaller capacity non-inverter units) and not a problem with either.

Do you have experience with the inverter ones?

Thanks.

Are you serious?  "You can't stop a Trane" was mantra when I was a kid some 70 years ago.  This is one of the largest firms in the world.

A global company, Trane's international headquarters are in Swords, Ireland. Trane employs more than 29,000 people at 104 manufacturing locations in 28 countries, and has annual sales of more than $8 billion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trane

39 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you serious?  "You can't stop a Trane" was mantra when I was a kid some 70 years ago.  This is one of the largest firms in the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trane

Well that was an own goal on my part, but based on their run-down Phuket office I'm not getting their A/C. Regardless of the impressive list of buildings they cool ???? My initial question still stands

Well very happy with Diakin inverter we have in our bedroom and only issue with the Mitsubishi inverter grandchildren use has been it getting very dirty (to point of not cooling) in less than six months) - but being teenage girls that might have something to do with it.  

Had both Fail in and Misubishi in our house. Both good. Fail in slightly quieter but needed cleaning more frequently ( or else fan would slow and then begin to drip )

Mitsubishi seems to go longer before servicing and less tendency to drip although slightly noisier ( but not much )

Servicing at more regular intervals ,

say 4 months instead of 6 eliminates problems with both.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Had both Fail in and Misubishi in our house. Both good. Fail in slightly quieter but needed cleaning more frequently ( or else fan would slow and then begin to drip )

Mitsubishi seems to go longer before servicing and less tendency to drip although slightly noisier ( but not much )

Servicing at more regular intervals ,

say 4 months instead of 6 eliminates problems with both.

Used to live in SG so I what I'm used to is A/C cleaning every 3 months ????

went from a normal mitsubishi to a daikin inverter, had problems during the first year because they set the drain pipe horizontal to the unit and it didnt drain, it ran down the walls instead. Made them come and change the angle of the drain pipe and havent had a problem since, did try to get help from the daikin service people and they kept promising to send someone out but after 3 contacts with them over  a year and continued promises of contacting us(all under warranty) no one showed up or called, typical in Thailand though, once they have the money they stop helping you

5 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

Thanks for all the replies, we're going for the Daikin. I guess it doesn't really matter. Very similar specs on the two. It's like buying Canon or Nikon (or for that matter any other camera brand) these days.

Most people do recommend - the only negative I have found is the removable filters are very thin plastic making it difficult to re-install as do not hold shape well.  But perhaps just mine/bad luck.  

2 hours ago, Poppadom said:

Thanks for all the replies, we're going for the Daikin. I guess it doesn't really matter. Very similar specs on the two. It's like buying Canon or Nikon (or for that matter any other camera brand) these days.

All things being relatively equal, you would want to go with whoever has available service if/when needed.  Also, give a look at LG.  They have come a long way wrt providing a quality product.  

And, just to say... I've been very happy with both Daikin and Mitsu.

6 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

The Mitsubishi is a 18.8 SEER, and the Daikin a 15.5.  So, the Mitsubishi is significantly more efficient on paper.

if you want to stick with Daikin, this unit is more efficient still, in the 20’s: https://www.daikin.co.th/en/product/super-smart-inverter-ftkm-sv2s/

Exactly my opinion, go with the Super Smart instead of the Sabai.

6 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

The Mitsubishi is a 18.8 SEER, and the Daikin a 15.5.  So, the Mitsubishi is significantly more efficient on paper.

if you want to stick with Daikin, this unit is more efficient still, in the 20’s: https://www.daikin.co.th/en/product/super-smart-inverter-ftkm-sv2s/

I checked that too and the Daikin 15k BTU Sabai II is 17.38. asking the aircon company if they have the Super smart.

Thanks for all the input. We have just bought the A/C for the downstairs 28-30m2 living room/kitchen area and decided to go for the Daikin Super Smile II FKTC-28TV2S. Same SEER as the Super Smart series (20.02) and can go up to 25,600 BTU. Really nice and efficient! Highly recommend KEEHIN at bypass road in Phuket. They are official Daikin distributors and carry this line while main electronic stores (HomePro, Index, Powerbuy) do not.

Archived