Concerns about self uploading documents for UK visas

There have been recent examples of applications being refused because documents were not submitted (according to the ECO). I have just seen the email (below) which seems to confirm that there is a problem with self uploading, in that the ECO cannot retrieve the documents from the "cloud". They are not there. In this case it is a settlement application, dealt with at Sheffield, but visit visa applications use the same system, and go to a Delhi "cloud".  It isn't clear from the email if the problem is being fixed, nor have UKVI actually admitted that there is a problem.  But if you have had an application refused because the ECO says that the documents were not submitted, then I would think that you have good cause to complain and ask for a review of the documents received by UKVI.  I have actually also seen one example of documents, scanned by VFS, not reaching Delhi. The email:

Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 at 21:42
Subject: Your Visa Application: VAF xxxxxxxxxx
To: <xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Xxxxxxxxxxxx
Regarding Visa Application:  GWFxxxxxxxxxxxx                
For: Xxxxxxxxxxx

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.
There appears to have been an error in the uploading of your documents as several are listed which have not been received. Please provide the following documents as listed by your agent:

Applicant's documents:

1.TB test Certificate
2. Evidence of financial support
9. Photographs

Sponsor's documents:
1. Passport
2. Decree absolute
3.Employment evidence (with 6 months pay slips and bank statements)
5. Accommodation evidence.

Please send this document as a scanned attachment/s within 10 working days to [email protected] quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Tony

Their email seems to imply that they're putting the problem firmly on the applicant when they say "There appears to have been an error in the uploading of your documents as several are listed which have not been received"  or am I being unfair?

Yes and no.  Up until seeing this email, UKVI have been refusing applications outright for missing documents. They are certainly now aware that there is a major problem with their (probably very cheap) scanning/uploading system.  They are, however, totally disingenuous by not "admitting" that the fault is theirs, and not the applicant's. I wonder how many applications have been refused (globally) for "missing" documents ? 

Archived