CM.. Refused by Kasikorn bank. Do I need to get a yellow book?

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

Officially not even with a wp. 

Doesn't matter. I have an account with them already, and have an account with another bank. I might open up 1 more so to be always covered, but my intent was the secured c card and nothing else. If Thailand really wants to force any long time newcomers out because they cannot get an account and qualify, then this is certainly the way they can go about it and then just pin it on the banks and their regulatory boards.

Thai banks have been operating like this for some time now - the first thing many ask for when they see you are a farang is work permit, if you don't have one then it's "mai dai"s all round until they get you out the door.

It makes sense that if the Thai government wants foreigners out, then after ramping up the immigration requirements the next obvious thing is to stop foreigners opening bank accounts. Which is exactly what is happening.

18 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

This is in their website and i did read it before, but I still think it is possible. One instance says foreigners who are shop owners. But word from other mebbers on TV and myself state they can under circumstances. I still will try again as they seem to be the only one that used to be open for a secured credit card. But if not, then this is a semi travesty as they are rejecting foreigners with long term stay or new ones.

Individuals

• National ID card (Smart Card)
  • Copy of House Registration (in case other ID cards are submitted)
  • Birth certificate (for parents opening an account for a child)

Registered shops

• Copy of National ID Card (copy of House Registration required if address is not shown) or Passport (for non-Thai) of shop owner
  • Commercial Registration Certificate indicating the name of requesto

Secured Credit Card? What do you mean? They don't hand over credit cards just because you're a nice guy. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

Thai banks have been operating like this for some time now - the first thing many ask for when they see you are a farang is work permit, if you don't have one then it's "mai dai"s all round until they get you out the door.

It makes sense that if the Thai government wants foreigners out, then after ramping up the immigration requirements the next obvious thing is to stop foreigners opening bank accounts. Which is exactly what is happening.

I repeat, Bangkok Bank is officially the easiest bank when it comes to open an account. They haven't changed the requirements for years. It's by far the most common bank among expats. 

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Secured Credit Card? What do you mean? They don't hand over credit cards just because you're a nice guy. 

It means before they had one secured by a fixed account to cover any limit, then you would have to pay the balance via another account. So thus the word secured...

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I repeat, Bangkok Bank is officially the easiest bank when it comes to open an account. They haven't changed the requirements for years. It's by far the most common bank among expats. 

I've been to several Bangkok banks recently - zero chance of opening an account on a Non-O (marriage, not retirement) without work permit.

Edited by SteveK

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Doesn't matter. I have an account with them already, and have an account with another bank. I might open up 1 more so to be always covered, but my intent was the secured c card and nothing else. If Thailand really wants to force any long time newcomers out because they cannot get an account and qualify, then this is certainly the way they can go about it and then just pin it on the banks and their regulatory boards.

I am ok,too. I also have two accounts in two banks. I was just checking requirements because I was curious. 

4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I've been to several Bangkok banks recently - zero chance of opening an account on a Non-O without work permit.

Then you haven't read the requirements. Go check the website,it's in english. There's no problem what so ever with the correct documents. 

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I am ok,too. I also have two accounts in two banks. I was just checking requirements because I was curious. 

But I will now open up a 3rd. Bangkok Bank is easy and my wife also has one there. I used to have one with them 20 over yrs ago.

Edited by holy cow cm

8 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It means before they had one secured by a fixed account to cover any limit, then you would have to pay the balance via another account. So thus the word secured...

So,the FDA was the security for the credit card? 

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

But I will now open up a 3rd. Bangkok Bank is easy and my wife also has one there. I used to have one with them 20 yrs ago.

My first BB account was 23 years ago. You just walked into the bank and you had an account in 15min.

It is still easy to open an account there, and there are many combinations of documents (1+the passport) you need to open a savings account. 

Change bank or branch. I've had 15 or so bank accounts and never had any problems.

I am not in CNX, I’m not in a tourist area. Have been through this on this forum so many times.

When I walk into a bank, they insist on a WP. Then they call the regional manager, who says “bank of thailand says ..” “kasikorn rules are ..” I have tried to reason, explain it’s down to the managers discretion, promise them several millions coming to build a house, “no” I had this one kasikorn account for 9 years, used to have a WP.

Everyone here seems to have the same story as you or advice like, walk in with a million in cash - they aren’t listening.

I qualify for a retirement visa next year, I don’t want to change from a marriage extension but it will sort the problem, get two accounts and a fixed interest until the first 90 day report.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

26 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I am not in CNX, I’m not in a tourist area. Have been through this on this forum so many times.

When I walk into a bank, they insist on a WP. Then they call the regional manager, who says “bank of thailand says ..” “kasikorn rules are ..” I have tried to reason, explain it’s down to the managers discretion, promise them several millions coming to build a house, “no” I had this one kasikorn account for 9 years, used to have a WP.

Everyone here seems to have the same story as you or advice like, walk in with a million in cash - they aren’t listening.

I qualify for a retirement visa next year, I don’t want to change from a marriage extension but it will sort the problem, get two accounts and a fixed interest until the first 90 day report.

Why do you need an account with K-Bank? 

On 10/1/2019 at 10:51 PM, Max69xl said:

An amphoe can not refuse to issue a yellow house book as long as you have the required documents and in some cases a Thai witness. You don't need a condo in your own name. You can rent long term and that makes you the possessor. 

That is the thing they change their required documents at whim. Getting a Yellow book issued for a foreign owned condo at muang Chiang Mai is doable, but not easy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

That is the thing they change their required documents at whim. Getting a Yellow book issued for a foreign owned condo at muang Chiang Mai is doable, but not easy. 

Like I said,you need the correct documents. 

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Like I said what are the correct documents? They will tell you they need two Thai witnesses then it will be three. Certificate of Residence from Thai immigration, and maybe also also the consulate. Come back after Songkhran. BRING YOUR ELDERLY PARENTS FROM THE US. It took me three years finally figured out the woman you talk to is a sweet as can be her boss is some kind of richard who needs to retire. All for a document of limited utility. I have never heard of Yellow Books accepted by banks they want to see the chanote. Bangkok Bank has a sign that a contract to buy a condo will be accepted.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I walked into many Bangkok bank branches after having studied the website - it always comes down to the same thing, sometimes they need to phone someone, sometimes they need to speak to the boss, and even if I show them the webpage on my phone it always comes down to "no WP, no bank account" not even the most basic savings account. Same in BKK, Ubon and Pattaya. It's all well and good to keep saying look at the website but when they don't actually follow that in branch, it's not much help.

38 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Like I said what are the correct documents? They will tell you they need two Thai witnesses then it will be three. Certificate of Residence from Thai immigration, and maybe also also the consulate. Come back after Songkhran. BRING YOUR ELDERLY PARENTS FROM THE US. It took me three years finally figured out the woman you talk to is a sweet as can be her boss is some kind of richard who needs to retire. All for a document of limited utility. I have never heard of Yellow Books accepted by banks they want to see the chanote. Bangkok Bank has a sign that a contract to buy a condo will be accepted.

Bangkok Bank is probably the easiest bank to open an account. Just read the requirements on their website, it's in english.

21 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Bangkok Bank is probably the easiest bank to open an account. Just read the requirements on their website, it's in english.

The in-branch staff do not know about or follow what is on the website!

9 hours ago, SteveK said:

The in-branch staff do not know about or follow what is on the website!

While this statement may be true for some branch staff it is not my experience with BBL. I have opened savings and fixed accounts using a letter from a well known family member, Yellow house registration book and passport. Also opened based on branch manager's reference. I have accounts at several locations in Bangkok.

55 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

While this statement may be true for some branch staff it is not my experience with BBL. I have opened savings and fixed accounts using a letter from a well known family member, Yellow house registration book and passport. Also opened based on branch manager's reference. I have accounts at several locations in Bangkok.

I totally agree with you. I have opened several accounts (different branches) with BBL using Certificate of Residence from Immigration or reference from my embassy/consulate. 

2 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

I guess it's just luck of the draw then, when I went into the Bangkok Bank at the Big C in Ubon I could see the staff getting flustered, I would suspect it is because they don't know the rules for dealing with a foreigner which is why they just try to refuse you and get you out. Kasikorn in Trakan actually said they would open me an account if I could get the PuuYaiBaan from the village to come with me and sign something - he agreed to come but on the morning that we were due to go he changed his mind!

Why do you need an account with K-Bank? 

I have been with Kasikorn for 10 years or something. I just want one internet log in, where I can control all my finances.

You would think, any manager would just invite you into his office, check your balance and try to understand the situation and propose a solution.

The only solution I could get from the help desk was a safety deposit box .. lol .. yeah, if I was really laundering money and wanted to keep it hidden, that’s where I would want to keep it, thanks!

My own stupidity, I should have opened a few accounts for future use when I was working.

38 minutes ago, recom273 said:

My own stupidity, I should have opened a few accounts for future use when I was working.

So far I understand this would not help a lot. Because What I understood the problem is when you can't create new Fixed accounts. Actually 1 or 2 saving accounts is enough. But who want have only this little interest. You need to be able to open new Fixed accounts. And I think this could be a problem in future for the people not on retirement extension or work permit.

I hope my branch still not take this too serious and I will be able to create new fixed accounts.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:37 AM, holy cow cm said:

Well they told me the same as has to be retirement or own a condo or have WP and then had something that I was not on the house blue book so will do a yellow book submission and see if that can work. 

Yes please, please reply back after you have an approval or denial. And then PM me on which K Bank. Thanks again. It is getting difficult here for sure.

Today I filled in the application documents for the "One Siam" CC by K-Bank. After that they told me I should receive the CC in about 2 weeks. So this mean in about 2 weeks I should know about approval or denial. I will report back with the results.

23 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Today I filled in the application documents for the "One Siam" CC by K-Bank. After that they told me I should receive the CC in about 2 weeks. So this mean in about 2 weeks I should know about approval or denial. I will report back with the results.

Why would there be a 2 weeks waiting period? When I opened an account at K-Bank in Jomtien,it took about 30min. 15min extra for the ATM/debit card and installing the bank app. 1 hour later I received an email that the account was approved.