BANGKOK
bbi1

Last month's rent - take it from rental deposit?

Posted (edited)

Is it common here in Thailand for the tenant not to pay the last month's rent and just request the owner/agent to deduct the last month's rent from the 2 month's security deposit? Especially when it seems common for a lot of owners to apparently cheat the tenant and not refund the deposit (based on what I've read before).

Also, is it normal for a furnished room in a condo to be charged a cleaning fee (eg. 500 baht) and a laundry fee when a one year contract is up and the tenant moves out? I would think that's not common.

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 1

N

15 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Yes....there is always a cleaning fee.  And because you read on TV that some people don’t get a deposit back you want to try to circumvent that by ****ing your landlord?  Enjoy your karma.

Cleaning fees not common everywhere . My experience is that places  are left uncleaned , usually with some unwanted junk also . Tenants reciprocate by leaving the place equally uncleaned when they leave .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Especially when it seems common for a lot of owners to apparently cheat the tenant and not refund the deposit (based on what I've read before).

Wife  deals with literally hundreds of rooms a  year id  say 85% get the deposits  back, the other 15% is either damaged badly or  left disgusting requiring  a LOT  more cleaning, so dirty you  will stick to the floor  with cooking  fat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

No and if  you do it with me youll be kicked out the same day, this is usually  promoted by Mericans

I stated that I do not approve of someone playing that game with the landlord.  It’s a ****** up way of doing business.

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

I stated that I do not approve of someone playing that game with the landlord.  It’s a ****** up way of doing business.

sorry  ,  long  day  dealing  with a <deleted> up  tenant

Some do...some don't... has been my experience. Never bothered writing about it...going to change nothing?

• Thanks 1

Just have a look at the Guys walking around, Halleluja for some Landlords and Condo Staff. Terrible what I saw in the past, US or English Alcoholics whitout a Feeling for Respect and care.

Wife  deals with literally hundreds of rooms a  year id  say 85% get the deposits  back, the other 15% is either damaged badly or  left disgusting requiring  a LOT  more cleaning, so dirty you  will stick to the floor  with cooking  fat.

There's also the possibility that if you try to play games with the rent payment (any payment the landlord will quickly change the lock on the door and therefore lock you out (no access to your clothes, your belongings, your documents) until you get back in line with payments. 

Is that illegal? Who knows but I've heard of it happening and it would be very doubtful that the police would be interested. 

Got full deposits back from 2, and one made up ludicrous reasons to not return a 2 months deposit. Hit and miss, bit like which girl does not have the clap in the bar

• Like 1

4 rentals ...and 4 times received back deposit in full …, I also left the places in a clean undamaged state , and I find even then a 500 cleaning fee not a sum to break my head for !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1