Last month's rent - take it from rental deposit?

1 hour ago, marin said:

oh boy, what a crock oh <deleted>... Where you from Chazar?

He is not so smart if he thinks 500 baht is a good price for cleaning a condo. Many maids works for 300 baht/day, and it doesn't take 8 hours to clean a condo. They sweep and mop a quite big condo in 30min + cleaning the bathroom in ~15min. Maybe a bit dusting and if there's a kitchen to clean ~15min more. 

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He is not so smart if he thinks 500 baht is a good price for cleaning a condo. Many maids works for 300 baht/day, and it doesn't take 8 hours to clean a condo. They sweep and mop a quite big condo in 30min + cleaning the bathroom in ~15min. Maybe a bit dusting and if there's a kitchen to clean ~15min more. 

How much does it usually cost for the agent to send a maid in at the end of the lease to clean a condo studio or 1br?

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Not much,because they also know how much an ordinary maid get paid per day. 

So probably something like 200 baht since it's a few hours and the maid brings all her own equipment. So a 500 baht cleaning fee is ridiculous for an agent to have in the contract.

9 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So probably something like 200 baht since it's a few hours and the maid brings all her own equipment. So a 500 baht cleaning fee is ridiculous for an agent to have in the contract.

Dream on finding a cleaner for a few hours with her own equipment at 200B rate. 500B minimum and very normal.
Just for transport they most likely waste 1-1.5 hour already + 100B (or more) in costs.

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

I have never seen a contract from a well-known estate agent where it says 500 baht cleaning fee. Maybe you have your own equipment,then the maid/cleaning lady doesn't even have to carry her own stuff around. She can take her motorbike straight to the condo. Or, if you're lucky,you can hire a cleaning lady from your own condo hotel or maybe someone else working there. I used to hire a girl working in the restaurant twice a month and I had all the equipment. She needed the extra money. 

3 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Dream on finding a cleaner for a few hours with her own equipment at 200B rate. 500B minimum and very normal.
Just for transport they most likely waste 1-1.5 hour already + 100B (or more) in costs.

500 baht is not normal. And who picks a cleaning lady that stays far away? If you don't know how to find a cleaning lady nearby, then you don't know anything. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

500 baht is not normal. And who picks a cleaning lady that stays far away? If you don't know how to find a cleaning lady nearby, then you don't know anything. 

Your talking nonsense. 

No,  you should Not take the last months rent out of your deposit because that leaves the owner with less security deposit.  Just clean the room good and make it is nice as when you moved in and you should not have any problems. Pretend that YOU were the owner,  would you like someone to do that to you ?  Besides,  you are breaking your rental agreement. 

17 minutes ago, how241 said:

No,  you should Not take the last months rent out of your deposit because that leaves the owner with less security deposit.  Just clean the room good and make it is nice as when you moved in and you should not have any problems. Pretend that YOU were the owner,  would you like someone to do that to you ?  Besides,  you are breaking your rental agreement. 

Exactly,just read the contract. How hard can it be? And if someone is worried about the deposit, rent through a real estate agent. 

On 10/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, Chazar said:

you must rent some real <deleted>holes, our rooms are cleaned with a  frikking  toothbrush literally, it  will take 2    full days to get a room straight, 1  bed, If the room  isnt as clean as when you had it off me youll pay a  cleaning charge to me.

The maid  cleaning it for 500 baht  will cut  no ice here

Such things should be itemized in the contract.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:48 PM, bbi1 said:

How much does it usually cost for the agent to send a maid in at the end of the lease to clean a condo studio or 1br?

please inform me that you are the one who started this thread (if you come to rent a place from us).

It will save us both some time ....

8 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

I have lived in 4 different condos over the years and  always left the place clean.  a cleaning fee of 1000 was deducted from my deposit anyway. Common business practice.

Everything is about what the contract says. 

It really depends on the landlord, and the relationship you have with them. SOme charge a cleaning fee, some do not. This can come down to the landlord's policy, but also how clean the place is when you move out. 

Re the deposit, again, I have had both situations occur.

1 hour ago, Katipo said:

It really depends on the landlord, and the relationship you have with them. SOme charge a cleaning fee, some do not. This can come down to the landlord's policy, but also how clean the place is when you move out. 

Re the deposit, again, I have had both situations occur.

It depends only on what the contract says. My deposit in my contract covers damages beyond wear and tear. Nothing else. I am supposed to leave my condo properly cleaned. It's up to me who's cleaning it. 

I have a related question that perhaps others in this forum might have some insight:

When I rented my current condo in BKK one year ago, the lease stipulated that my guarantee payment (= 2 months' rent) is sacrificed if I cancel the rental agreement before the 1 year anniversary.  Being new to Thailand, I accepted this for the first year, but now my lease is up for renewal and I have asked the landlord to change this clause to allow me to give 2 months notice, for example.  The landlord finally agreed to this, and called it a "diplomatic clause", but stipulated that I would need to show a "company's letter" to prove that I've been transferred.  I can't do this as I have no employer (I'm retired!).  I'm curious if other people have the same problem (constraint) in their lease.  I'm trying to get a sense of what is common in Thailand, and if I have a chance to get the landlord to accept my 2 month notice request.

Archived