Required to change from non-o extension based on child to marriage if marry?

I currently use a non-o extension based on Thai child with 400k in the bank, this doesn't have to be in the bank for a set time frame.

I'm now married to my child's mother, can I still use the same extension or do I need to do the marriage extension which require money to be held?

Don't like tying money up so would ideally like to use the child extension but want to be prepared. The issue will be my wife, who had to sign on the child extension before we were married, has my name so it's obvious that I am now married? Will the old papers I used still suffice?

Advise would be appreciated, thanks.

17 minutes ago, bkk23234 said:

I'm now married to my child's mother, can I still use the same extension or do I need to do the marriage extension which require money to be held?

Yes.

17 minutes ago, bkk23234 said:

Don't like tying money up so would ideally like to use the child extension but want to be prepared. The issue will be my wife, who had to sign on the child extension before we were married, has my name so it's obvious that I am now married? Will the old papers I used still suffice?

They will want your marriage certificate and your wife will need to attend.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It will depend upon the office where you apply for the extension.

Some will insist you do it based upon marriage since one based upon being the parent is meant to be for single parents.

No it's not. It is meant for parents, regardless of their marital status. There is nothing in the police orders that specifies or implies you must be single.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will depend upon the office where you apply for the extension.

Some will insist you do it based upon marriage since one based upon being the parent is meant to be for single parents.

But the migration officer dont know if you are married or not.

38 minutes ago, DanielS said:

But the migration officer dont know if you are married or not.

But you need to prove you’re married to or divorced from the child’s mother, OR that you are the unmarried legal parent.

I would suggest not declaring you’re married status would be fraud.

Edited by elviajero

12 minutes ago, DanielS said:

No. He proved that last year.

Do You think he must prove  for Migration every year that he is father of his child?

Yes. Every application is treated as if it’s a new application.

This year he applies as being married to the mother and just shows the marriage certificate.

10 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes. Every application is treated as if it’s a new application.

This year he applies as being married to the mother and just shows the marriage certificate.

I have never done that. My son is now 8 years old , and I still have my extension as his father.

Edited by DanielS

4 minutes ago, DanielS said:

I have never done that. My son is now 8 years old , and I still have my extension as his father.

He can apply as the farther. But immigration will want to know if he’s married/divorced to the mother or not so they know what supporting documents he needs to supply.