Monitor lizard caught hiding in Patong

snoop1130

Monitor lizard caught hiding in Patong

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1569920276_1-org.jpg

The monitor lizard was hiding among blue plastic water pipes at a shop in Patong. Photos: DDPM-Patong

PHUKET:-- Emergency officers are urging people to not approach any monitor lizards they may happen across after one of the lizards was caught hiding in a blue plastic water pipe at a building supplies shop in Patong.

Officers at the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation office at Patong Municipality (DDPM-Patong) were called to the store, Patong Home Supply on Sirirat Rd, at about 1:30pm yesterday (Sept 30).

The DDPM responders arrived about 10 minutes later, said DDPM-Patong Chief Paitoon Ponrop.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/monitor-lizard-caught-hiding-in-patong-73095.php#ROzHbdRZJTvj7lsV.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-01

4 hours ago, Denim said:

We had a big one visit us but the dogs chased him onto the front gate.

P_20190621_182659_vHDR_On_1.jpg

Clearly they were monitoring their territory :sorry:

20 hours ago, natway09 said:

Just as well they do not eat them or they would be extinct by now just like 5 or 6 types of turtles

They do eat them! I had a family of monitor lizards opposite my house when I first moved there; there's a small stream coming down from the hills which probably provided them with enough food. The simply disappeared one day.

Not in Phuket, but I have seen monitor lizard meat for sale at a market.

Archived