Unpaid leave/salary...

I have a work permit valid for one year and a salary of 60,000 Baht per month.

A)     for an extension of stay based on the work permit the 60,000 Baht per month are a requirement

B)     The work permit needs to be renewed next year. Same thing: it is necessary to have at least 60,000 Baht every month. 

So the question right now is if it must be 60,000 Baht per month or is it OK to have a combined salary of 720,000 baht per year?

Because this month of October I have to fly back to Europe to take care of my grandparents for 3 weeks. And for this time, these 3 weeks, I would like to take an unpaid leave.

Then in the upcoming months I would simply work more which would result in a higher salary so that after all, after one year, the salary overall would equal or exceed 720,000 baht.

You only need a salary of 50k baht to apply for an extension of stay based upon working for a company.

If your salary is 50k baht according to the documents submitted that is all that is required on the day you apply.

If applying for an extension of stay based on your job/work it is a minimum of 50K. 

It is possible (rare) that the labour office insist that your salary is at least 60K to receive a Work Permit.

41 minutes ago, zappalot said:

So the question right now is if it must be 60,000 Baht per month or is it OK to have a combined salary of 720,000 baht per year?

Immigration would only want to see evidence that you received a salary of at least 50K pm month for a couple of months prior to the next extension.

Edited by elviajero

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Immigration would only want to see evidence that you received a salary of at least 50K pm month for a couple of months prior to the next extension.

and if it is say 25,000 in one and 75,000 in another? Ok or not ok?