Thailand expects jump in Chinese tourists in Golden Week after year-ago lull

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

I just read this and just yesterday oct 1 i drove past the chalong bus park . There were about 5 buses at noon. Usually there are 25. So i wonder whats up with that.

Don't worry they are on their way

this year to limit the pollution they come walking

so it takes a little more time

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

What is this obsession with tourism...I'v never seen anything like it in my whole life. Is anybody telling me that the average person cares too hoots about it.

During my over 5O years of drinking, before giving it up,....I do not ever remember the topic of "The tourism figures" ever cropping up as a conversation piece in the many thousands of pubs I frequented?

That is because, before the numbers went tits up, every official in Thailand was spouting the wrong information, that tourism is only responsible for 3% of the GDP.

Now that the numbers are down, the truth comes to light, that it might have been a few more %!

And the average persons do care!

Don't forget, that "tourism" is not only a bus full of people, entering a hotel lobby!

It is the person selling the bus, the person repairing the bus, the person cleaning the lobby, the restaurant and bar owners outside of the hotel etc etc etc

If you think about it for a few seconds, you will see just how many "average" people are working for or related to tourism business!

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

What is this obsession with tourism...I'v never seen anything like it in my whole life. Is anybody telling me that the average person cares too hoots about it.

During my over 5O years of drinking, before giving it up,....I do not ever remember the topic of "The tourism figures" ever cropping up as a conversation piece in the many thousands of pubs I frequented?

There is not much news available with forum news ????

Famous last words....''Thailand Expects'' !

Thai's 'Expected' to get a  truly Democratic Government from the last Election !

Thai's 'Expected' to get steamlined HST's running around the country; even Yingluck 'Expected' it and designed the food containers !

Thai Farmers 'Expected' to be better off this year from increased prices for their crops...because Prayut told them so !

Thai's 'Expected' Tourist numbers this year would exceed 40 million...because TAT told them so !

Thai's 'Expected' Corruption to be eradicated ...because Prayout told them in 2014 that it would be !

I 'Expect' that one day long after i become Ashes that there will be a day without Power Cuts !

The list goes on !

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

That is because, before the numbers went tits up, every official in Thailand was spouting the wrong information, that tourism is only responsible for 3% of the GDP.

Now that the numbers are down, the truth comes to light, that it might have been a few more %!

And the average persons do care!

Don't forget, that "tourism" is not only a bus full of people, entering a hotel lobby!

It is the person selling the bus, the person repairing the bus, the person cleaning the lobby, the restaurant and bar owners outside of the hotel etc etc etc

If you think about it for a few seconds, you will see just how many "average" people are working for or related to tourism business!

You're right about most things but not 'Repairing the Bus'...that is never taken into consideration until it either expires knackered or becomes a heap of mangled metal !

14 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

And of course it's not necessary to consider that a big percentage of them book on airnbnb and co.

In Pattaya for example, while most of the hotels are struggling trying to fill at least half of the rooms condos like The Base and others  are totaly full of chineses tourists and very very busy all the time.

And a lot of the rooms are owned by Chinese

Mainland Chinese are some of the most tight fisted people I have ever met, and that's saying something. Closing your eyes, crossing your fingers and hoping that they'll come and save the tourism industry is outrageous, you're just gonna end up with turds and gobs of spit on the pavements. They don't call them zero baht tours for nothing.

So far I haven't read any news headlines that 'the Chinese are scurrying to Thailand in record numbers on a shopping spree, effectively saving Thailand's economy...', and it is already the second day of the 'Golden Week'. - So, either the Chinese are waiting till the last day to 'shop till they drop', or it has all been wishful thinking...

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Mainland Chinese are some of the most tight fisted people I have ever met, and that's saying something. 

Spot on! Having lived in China, I remember how the Chinese replace fried chicken under the skin with rice before selling the (what?) rice with chicken skin(?), and how they always scurry when there is free food.

IMHO you can only make money dealing with the Chinese if you sell them infant formula, cause that's the one thing they always spend on.

Is TAT putting all their eggs in the 2 baskets of China and India, forgetting the rest of the world.  If so I hope China has a bad economy and this is the worst Tourist year for

Thailand. Harvey the White guy speaks his mind.  555

Geezer

On 10/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, nchuckle said:

Aboat accident in July 2018 off its resort island of Phuket that killed 47 Chinese tourists dampened arrivals due to safety concerns."

They’re 'pushing the boat out' with their visa fee waivers to offset this...

From the Chinese I know it wasnt so much the accident it was that statement the goon made blaming the Chinese for the accident that mad the Chinese press that didn't go down well

Archived