BANGKOK
snoop1130

Thailand expects jump in Chinese tourists in Golden Week after year-ago lull

Posted (edited)

Mainland Chinese are some of the most tight fisted people I have ever met, and that's saying something. Closing your eyes, crossing your fingers and hoping that they'll come and save the tourism industry is outrageous, you're just gonna end up with turds and gobs of spit on the pavements. They don't call them zero baht tours for nothing.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So far I haven't read any news headlines that 'the Chinese are scurrying to Thailand in record numbers on a shopping spree, effectively saving Thailand's economy...', and it is already the second day of the 'Golden Week'. - So, either the Chinese are waiting till the last day to 'shop till they drop', or it has all been wishful thinking...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Mainland Chinese are some of the most tight fisted people I have ever met, and that's saying something. 

Spot on! Having lived in China, I remember how the Chinese replace fried chicken under the skin with rice before selling the (what?) rice with chicken skin(?), and how they always scurry when there is free food.

IMHO you can only make money dealing with the Chinese if you sell them infant formula, cause that's the one thing they always spend on.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You should never offer free/unlimited anything to Chinese or this happens:

mcdonalds.jpg.8237bdcc0c0df506cd96a0af3005ab22.jpg1265016_d25d7a903b1f377add4f1c33e099144c-692x360.jpg.0f31b0193732889b07786dda1232b9cd.jpg

Edited by SteveK
  • Haha 1

Aboat accident in July 2018 off its resort island of Phuket that killed 47 Chinese tourists dampened arrivals due to safety concerns."

They’re 'pushing the boat out' with their visa fee waivers to offset this...

A jump in Chinese tourists during their largest holiday. 

How many committees did it take to figure that out?

Some of these people shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

• Like 2

Is TAT putting all their eggs in the 2 baskets of China and India, forgetting the rest of the world.  If so I hope China has a bad economy and this is the worst Tourist year for

Thailand. Harvey the White guy speaks his mind.  555

Geezer

I lived for some years in Goa and their tourist Indians are bad enough there in their own country

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, nchuckle said:

Aboat accident in July 2018 off its resort island of Phuket that killed 47 Chinese tourists dampened arrivals due to safety concerns."

They’re 'pushing the boat out' with their visa fee waivers to offset this...

From the Chinese I know it wasnt so much the accident it was that statement the goon made blaming the Chinese for the accident that mad the Chinese press that didn't go down well

Edited by ChipButty