PM warns private and public sectors to cooperate in reducing harmful emissions

webfact

PM warns private and public sectors to cooperate in reducing harmful emissions

Prayuth-File-Photo7.png

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today warned members of the public and the private sector to significantly reduce their carbon and dust emissions or face tougher action by the government. His advice came as the haze and general pollution in Bangkok’s atmosphere appears to be worsening.

The Prime Minister said that he would like all stakeholders to cooperate by reducing all harmful elements entering the atmosphere. He said that the Interior Ministry was prepared to deploy mobile water sprays to reduce dust particles.

The cabinet today discussed the activation of plans prepared by the Pollution Control Department to ease the haze problem.  The plans were designed to deal with haze on four levels, namely where PM2.5 dust particles are fewer than 50 microns, where PM2.5 particulate ranges from 51-75 microns, where PM2.5 particulate ranges from 76-100 microns and areas in which the PM2.5 dust particles exceed 100 microns.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-warns-private-and-public-sectors-to-cooperate-in-reducing-harmful-emissions/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop with the warnings and the threats and the discussions and the plans.  

DO SOMETHING.  

Just now, Nowisee said:

Stop with the warnings and threats and the discussions and the plans.  

DO SOMETHING.  

When i was 10 y old my dad used to " warn" me stop playing on the railway line. Of course never paid attention to warnings. When the UK police took me off the line to the police station things changed dramatically. Simple lesson for a simple leader, choke.

This mans genius knows no limits...but he is absolutely right , sadly no one is listening or cares...so the pathetic ''one day wars'' with the thumbs up photo opps will provide evidence of success in the battle against smoke belching diesel buses and pick ups , while our air gets more toxic ,until the next years speech from his majesty,with the same old warning and promises....the thai spin cycle of life...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today warned members of the public and the private sector to significantly reduce their carbon and dust emissions or face tougher action by the government

A wasted warning. Corruption and payola can quickly fix any "tough action" and threat of penalties.

Archived