PM warns private and public sectors to cooperate in reducing harmful emissions

webfact

PM warns private and public sectors to cooperate in reducing harmful emissions

Prayuth-File-Photo7.png

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today warned members of the public and the private sector to significantly reduce their carbon and dust emissions or face tougher action by the government. His advice came as the haze and general pollution in Bangkok’s atmosphere appears to be worsening.

The Prime Minister said that he would like all stakeholders to cooperate by reducing all harmful elements entering the atmosphere. He said that the Interior Ministry was prepared to deploy mobile water sprays to reduce dust particles.

The cabinet today discussed the activation of plans prepared by the Pollution Control Department to ease the haze problem.  The plans were designed to deal with haze on four levels, namely where PM2.5 dust particles are fewer than 50 microns, where PM2.5 particulate ranges from 51-75 microns, where PM2.5 particulate ranges from 76-100 microns and areas in which the PM2.5 dust particles exceed 100 microns.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-warns-private-and-public-sectors-to-cooperate-in-reducing-harmful-emissions/

thaipbs.jpg

Just now, Nowisee said:

Stop with the warnings and threats and the discussions and the plans.  

DO SOMETHING.  

When i was 10 y old my dad used to " warn" me stop playing on the railway line. Of course never paid attention to warnings. When the UK police took me off the line to the police station things changed dramatically. Simple lesson for a simple leader, choke.

This mans genius knows no limits...but he is absolutely right , sadly no one is listening or cares...so the pathetic ''one day wars'' with the thumbs up photo opps will provide evidence of success in the battle against smoke belching diesel buses and pick ups , while our air gets more toxic ,until the next years speech from his majesty,with the same old warning and promises....the thai spin cycle of life...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today warned members of the public and the private sector to significantly reduce their carbon and dust emissions or face tougher action by the government

A wasted warning. Corruption and payola can quickly fix any "tough action" and threat of penalties.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today warned members of the public and the private sector to significantly reduce their carbon and dust emissions or face tougher action by the government. His advice came as the haze and general pollution in Bangkok’s atmosphere appears to be worsening.

Warns but does nothing.

33 minutes ago, Chrisswe said:

THIS IS MAINLY A TRAFFIC PROBLEM, SO WHATS THE PLAN FOR THE FUTURE !!!??? YOU CAN'T RUN THE COUNTRY WITH TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS !!!!!!

Thailands policy is to put a price tag of 2 million baht on an imported EV Leaf car.. just to show you they mean business.
By pricing it out of range of many pockets or any Thai produced smoke machines !

His mouth opened and he made noise.  Its much easier to spout BS and nonsense statements than implement effective measures such as eliminating diesel vehicles, monitoring factories, moving crematoriums out of the city and ensuring they have proper filters, stopping open burning.... you know the tough stuff that might actually result in tangible results.

PM warns private and public with the air force has a plan to upgrade 14 light attack Alpha Jets at a cost of 3.38 billion baht after about two decades of using them mainly in close air support operations, and sometimes........ for supporting artificial rainmaking operations conducted by the Royal Rainmaking Project.

Not is not a joke deeply serious????, read https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1763064/air-force-chief-wants-new-gear

We the people of Thailand are warning you General Prayuth. Do something about this horrendous problem, or you will be ousted by the people. Incompetence can only be tolerated for so long. You keep on jabbering, but you do nothing for the people. Proclamations, declarations, and crackdowns. But no action. Where is the action? Where is the plan? Why not go after all of the cane growers who keep sending massive amounts of smoke and noxious particles into the air? Why not crack down on 30 year old diesel trucks and buses, which spew black clouds into the air? Why not convert some of the diesel fired power plants into natural gas? Where is your plan? Why the complete lack of action? You claim to be a man of action. Where is the action to back up your claims? It is just a matter of time before the people have had enough and you will be out the door for good. 

I don't care what the Thais do about this pollution.

I've taken my own action to see that I'm breathing air that has PM2.5 fewer than 5 μg/m3 (AQI < 15 or so) at all times - in my apartment or when out and about in Bangkok. I have the measurement equipment to confirm this and the effort was not that expensive either. It seems to me that most people, for some reason, don't want or are too lazy to protect themselves or their children. I guess this is not really news, is it?

There's an idea that's been voiced in the B'kok Post. The BMA are considering building giant purification towers with an initial experimental towere to be placed on Siam Paragon.

Im still cleaning the coffee off my computer screen.

20 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:
6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Methane emissions from buffalo's and livestock farting could be a challenge!

Is Methane more than the 2.5 that they are considering harmful ?

Coming from a buffalo's digestive system it must be a "green-in-the-face" (as opposed to "green house" gas for anyone too close.

Archived