Meghan Markle sues UK newspaper; Prince Harry attacks tabloid press

webfact

5 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

And yet... The tabloids are not "going after" Will and Kate, not Charles and Camilla, nor Prince Phillip, nor Zara, Eugenie and the rest of them. Even Prince Andrew with his recent Epstein links has avoided most bad press.

Is it possible, that Harry and Meghan are responsible themselves for bad press due to their own actions? Or was it all just an incredible run of bad luck?

Or perhaps because he married outside the perceived fold...To be honest his mrs has been putting up with some sh_t, which when you look at it is mostly racist.

I recall a BBC presenter got fired for a blatant racist comment about her. Stupid bloke...????

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

And yet... The tabloids are not "going after" Will and Kate, not Charles and Camilla, nor Prince Phillip, nor Zara, Eugenie and the rest of them. Even Prince Andrew with his recent Epstein links has avoided most bad press.

Is it possible, that Harry and Meghan are responsible themselves for bad press due to their own actions? Or was it all just an incredible run of bad luck?

Nah, just there turn in the barrel :neus:

1 hour ago, KenKadz said:

Anyone know how the Mail came by the letter?

Yes, anybody who followed the story knows. They received it from her father, to whom the letter was addressed.

It is not about the letter but about the editing of the letter, giving it intentionally a different meaning.

Please enough of these people. She's just a publicity seeking C list actress and he's the insignificant member of the Royal family. Why the British taxpayers continue to support this farce is beyond comprehension. The French and Russians handled this situation much better years ago.

12 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Please enough of these people. She's just a publicity seeking C list actress and he's the insignificant member of the Royal family. Why the British taxpayers continue to support this farce is beyond comprehension. The French and Russians handled this situation much better years ago.

Sure they did....let's hear it for the French and Russians...

5 hours ago, Scot123 said:

I really like Harry, I have great respect for him however us men make some stupid mistakes when it comes to women. Marrying her Harry was a very big mistake. 

His great great great......great grandad did a similar thing 5 times I believe. But he had an easy fix for that. Heads rolled for his mistakes.

I recall Keith Richards commenting after Sir Mick got knighted ' I would never let any member of THAT family get anywhere near me with a sword'!!

4 hours ago, transam said:

I reckon most of us older guys here are divorcees, so I think we all can be put in a category after the event..

We are/were free to do what we wanted regarding a wife, perhaps some frowned at our choice, but it is/was our choice and don't/didn't give a sh_t what others thought. Harry will be much the same, plus it is non of our business....

None of my business as an Aussie. I'm not paying for it. You are.

"My deepest fear is history repeating itself. I've seen what happens when someone I love is commoditised to the point that they are no longer treated or seen as a real person. I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces."

Can't say I can blame him for that point of view. While I don't - personally - like his wife, I would actually prefer to hear less of and about her for that very reason. As far as I'm concerned, those silly tabloids can die a swift and painful death.

18 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, anybody who followed the story knows. They received it from her father, to whom the letter was addressed.

It is not about the letter but about the editing of the letter, giving it intentionally a different meaning.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, madmen said:

TV members some married to ex bar girls telling Harry he made a mistake.. comedy' gold!

She is a self made multi millionaire and her future was sparkling Bright in Hollywood. She does not need Harry's money. A balding mediocre looking red head is hardly a great catch and joining the firm took guts, who wants theirs lives on the public stage under the microscope?

She was far better off in Hollywood!

This. 

Love reading all the relationship advice from blokes for whom the only way they’d get close to a bird is to open their wallet. 

12 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Suing the press ? right...they need more pocket money ??  or is the money allotted in court, donated to charity or back to the UK taxpayers who finance their lavish lifestyle ?

Its nothing to do with them receiving money  , its about stopping their privacy  getting invaded by the media

Just now, sanemax said:

Its nothing to do with them receiving money  , its about stopping their privacy  getting invaded by the media

but no secret for anybody that the court will rule the tabs to shell out a certain amount of "compensation"....nobody goes to court for free and definately not the Buckingham gang surely ? (no offence please to our royalist UK friends)

12 hours ago, observer90210 said:

but no secret for anybody that the court will rule the tabs to shell out a certain amount of "compensation"....nobody goes to court for free and definately not the Buckingham gang surely ? (no offence please to our royalist UK friends)

Forget about  money , the reason why they are suing the media is to stop any future  invasion of privacy .

Nothing to do with money

Archived