Chinaman severely injured falling off baht bus

Rimmer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Beggar said:

The driver while driving has to look at the traffic in front of him. They would need cameras installed to watch the backside. There is a fine for standing on the platform - 2000 Baht. But this guy gets an even bigger fine - the hospital bill. Hope he recovers from this too... 

As a driver myself I know you have to be aware of traffic behind and those pickups have rear view mirrors, something my van does not have.

but I assume for Thai driver the Rear View Mirror is just for hanging lucky amulets on.

18 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Can't see anything un-PC in the heading, he's a man from China. Man from England = Englishman. Some people are continually looking for ways to be offended, I guess it's the snowflake generation.

hows about:       "Tourist falang off bus"      (sic - flung)     

Tabloid Headlines are ALL about wordplay - that's what sells papers...     

... and promotes the next Lotto games number choices...

11 minutes ago, madmen said:

Baht buses absolutely fly on the way to Jomtien and that's during the day and with a full load.Its a miracle that none have flipped

it's all a game to the pinball wizard driver... Tilt then Reset, at the next bus stop pickup 

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

More bad news for Chinese tourism to Thailand

Ho is a Hong Kong spelling of a Southern Chinese name. So . . . PRC tourists don't care much for hongkongers these days. Not likely to make news in PRC or draw sympathy if it does. AND hongkongers are rioting in the streets daily because they no longer see themselves as primarily Chinese, so Mr Ho may object to being called a "Chinaman", preferring instead "hongkonger".

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Look Ma, no hands.

I find no humour in the death, injury or misadventure of others. Your juvenile attempt at making a joke of this sad incident reveals much. Hopefully, no accident befalls you or anyone you care about.

12 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I find no humour in the death, injury or misadventure of others. Your juvenile attempt at making a joke of this sad incident reveals much. Hopefully, no accident befalls you or anyone you care about.

How do you define this?: "Ho “teased his friends” at the rear of the vehicle but fell."  He could've been tapdancing at the back of  the car withot holding on to the railings, as far as we know. Tragik yes, but if so his own fault.

Not much sympathy for idiots who have accidents when acting like <deleted>. These young chinamen are causing disorder all over SEA now. And it means the governments have to crack down and ban all sorts of stuff that used to be fine because people didn't act like such <deleted> before.

4 hours ago, Beggar said:

There is a fine for standing on the platform - 2000 Baht.

So, when a young man gives up his seat to an old lady who’s just boarded the baht bus he’s liable for a 2,000 baht fine?

I think that given the large number of people who use the baht buses, whether sitting or standing, and the extremely low number of injuries, they’re a very safe method of transport, certainly way safer than a motorbike.

19 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

So, when a young man gives up his seat to an old lady who’s just boarded the baht bus he’s liable for a 2,000 baht fine?

I think that given the large number of people who use the baht buses, whether sitting or standing, and the extremely low number of injuries, they’re a very safe method of transport, certainly way safer than a motorbike.

The buses from Wat Chai to Jomtien won't set off until there are at least a couple of riders on the rear platform.

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

In today's PC world, these terms are not normally used. However, they are historically relevant. We've learned respect.

More correctly it should be the Chinese person.

What is wrong for calling a man a man as in Chinese man ?

Why shouldnt we state his gender ?

7 hours ago, JAG said:

Hardly Thailand's fault - if the poor chap was fooling around then it was his own fault.

The Driver left (fled?) having  taken some of his mates to their hotel and brought them back! 

If the police hadn't turned up by then he probably thought what is the point?

how can he have fled the scene when he take chinamans mates to hotel??
FAKE NEWS !!!

11 minutes ago, sniggie said:

The buses from Wat Chai to Jomtien won't set off until there are at least a couple of riders on the rear platform.

I’m well aware of that, have jumped on to the rear platform of buses at Wat Chai so many times, instantly available transport. In my opinion, Pattaya’s baht buses are the world’s most efficient form of public transport.

Archived