Jump to content
BANGKOK
joninisaan

Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, Laos (REPORT)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, joninisaan said:

paying 1500 baht

Pay in USD, it may not be much for you but for australians like me you save over 500baht for entry (30USD entry except weekends,after hours). 

There was a bar near us that had a promo, lao beer 24baht per bottle, if purchased in 3. 

Paid for the whole night including food. 

 

The tuk tuk drivers are straight up scams. It's a short walk to avalon and the bus station. 

Edited by ndreamer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please give details about what you provided the consulate in order to get the multi O. Including costs. Thanks 🙂

  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of visa did you get and did you show any financials or bank statements. Was your a me non o????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

joninisaan,

thanks for the in depth details for Savannakhet. Could you tell me if your Non-O was for Marriage or Retirement and what was required for (1) money in the bank / 2 or 3 mths (2) monthly income (3) combination of both.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same as my experience back in Feb. Didn't know there was free parking at the Thai border though. I paid same as OP.

I got the bus across the bridge. It had disappeared once I'd done the Lao visa. I don't think it goes on to Savannaket, just picks up passengers going back to Thailand. So a tuk tuk or  taxi the only way in to town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I got the bus across the bridge. It had disappeared once I'd done the Lao visa. I don't think it goes on to Savannaket, just picks up passengers going back to Thailand. So a tuk tuk or  taxi the only way in to town.

You are entitled to take the bus on to Savannakhet bus station, but may need to wait around a bit if you want to do so. If in a hurry, you may need to take one of the overpriced tuk tuks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, joninisaan said:

When arriving in Laos, got off the bus and took all my belongings as I heard that sometimes the bus driver doesn't wait for all the passengers to go through passport control and just leaves.

Buses leave frequently , just get on the next bus and show your ticket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, Jeffrey346 said:

Thanks for the report...

No problem but truthfully, I wouldn't even had thought of writing up one if steve187 never mentioned it to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ndreamer said:

Pay in USD, it may not be much for you but for australians like me you save over 500baht for entry (30USD entry except weekends,after hours). 

There was a bar near us that had a promo, lao beer 24baht per bottle, if purchased in 3. 

Paid for the whole night including food. 

 

The tuk tuk drivers are straight up scams. It's a short walk to avalon and the bus station. 

Yeah I guess you're right. But when leaving the hotel walking to the Thai consulate, the tuk tuk driver there told me 100 baht but I made up my mind to walk anyway as I wanted to have at least a little sight seeing for myself before I left Savannakhet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

does anyone know how they feel when you show up with a completely blank passport. for example you got a new passport from the us embassy in vientiane then come to get a visa. will they ask to see the old passport with holes punched in it so they can see an entry stamp or they dont care about that? 

Edited by at15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You are entitled to take the bus on to Savannakhet bus station, but may need to wait around a bit if you want to do so. If in a hurry, you may need to take one of the overpriced tuk tuks.

Thanks for the tip!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...