Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, Laos (REPORT)

3 hours ago, Genericnic said:

@JaiLai 

Were you doing a non-O based on retirement by chance? If so, what did you use for item 5 in the list of required docs? Even with UbonJoe's translation of what the Thai says ("5. Certificate of retirement from the embassy of that person with that nationality"), I am still not sure what they mean/want. Is it just a form you fill out swearing that you are retired and that the US consulate then stamps? All the other requirements are clear but that one stumps me.

Thanks

No - based on marriage.

7 hours ago, Genericnic said:

Thanks

Just a quick question, Is it better to arrive from UK on Tourist Visa and at the end of it go to Savannakhet and apply for non 0 multi entry based on marriage or try get a non o single entry based on marriage in the UK thanks for any help cheers

2 hours ago, dutchdog3000 said:

Just a quick question, Is it better to arrive from UK on Tourist Visa and at the end of it go to Savannakhet and apply for non 0 multi entry based on marriage or try get a non o single entry based on marriage in the UK thanks for any help cheers

It would be the same either way.

I think I would choose the non-o in the UK that allows allows a 90 day without needing to get a 30 day extension like a tourist visa does.

Also you could get a total stay of about 5 months by extending the 90 day entry from the non-o for 60 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It would be the same either way.

I think I would choose the non-o in the UK that allows allows a 90 day without needing to get a 30 day extension like a tourist visa does.

Also you could get a total stay of about 5 months by extending the 90 day entry from the non-o for 60 days.

I was in the UK just a month ago, I was going to get my visa there, but the newly enforced requirements made it impossible for me as I don't have the money in the bank. In fact, I signed in to my account on the Thai embassy website and it wouldn't even allow me to select non o from any list, the only visa I could select was a tourist visa!

I just got a 30 day visa on arrival - my second in two months - now I'm in Savannakhet applying for my multi entry non o based on marriage. I have now handed over my documents, my B5,000, and have received my ticket to collect tomorrow, no financial proof required. 

Edited by MaiDong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:08 PM, Genericnic said:

@JaiLai 

Were you doing a non-O based on retirement by chance? If so, what did you use for item 5 in the list of required docs? Even with UbonJoe's translation of what the Thai says ("5. Certificate of retirement from the embassy of that person with that nationality"), I am still not sure what they mean/want. Is it just a form you fill out swearing that you are retired and that the US consulate then stamps? All the other requirements are clear but that one stumps me.

Thanks

Exactly my question, too.  Perhaps, it refers to the old letter attesting to your income, that are no longer available to many.  I would appreciate clarification.  Are my current fixed deposit books good enough with 850k in them?  Could I even show my US brokerage account?  Otherwise, doesn't sound too bad.  Isn't there an appointment system?  Their site isn't fully working on my Android.  Oh, and should I get a letter from my bank to support my Thai passbooks?

7 hours ago, moontang said:

Exactly my question, too.  Perhaps, it refers to the old letter attesting to your income, that are no longer available to many.  I would appreciate clarification.  Are my current fixed deposit books good enough with 850k in them?  Could I even show my US brokerage account?  Otherwise, doesn't sound too bad.  Isn't there an appointment system?  Their site isn't fully working on my Android.  Oh, and should I get a letter from my bank to support my Thai passbooks?

He has been asking about it in many topics.

Here is a reply I did in a topic he posted.

That reply is based upon him being a US citizen.

I think the consulate might accept anything with a stamp from you embassy on it.

One thought I have about it is asking the embassy if they would let you do a statement addressed to the consulate confirming your income since they only stopped doing them for immigration.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 3:04 PM, BritTim said:

The only trouble with walking at night from the Avalon down to the old town, the last time I was there, was the prevalence of unfriendly dogs. Carrying a big stick, and making it clear to the mongrels that you will make full use of it if they come within reach, is recommended.

My experience too. Where is there to stay in the Old Town please? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I got back from Savannakhet today and one thing that has not been mentioned is the correct application form because there were many turned away yesterday because they had the wrong application form. The form that is needed is the TM87 visa application form that is especially for Savannahket and if you want a "Multi Entry" then you must write this directly after the type of visa you are applying for. They will not allow you to alter the paperwork at the window so you must go to the desk and do the changes and then get back on the end of the line.

@Russell17au Very helpful. Thank you.

Were you doing a non-O based on retirement? If so, what document did you use to satisfy the requirements of item 5 on the list of requirements? (see #32 above)

Thanks

David

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I got back from Savannakhet today and one thing that has not been mentioned is the correct application form because there were many turned away yesterday because they had the wrong application form. The form that is needed is the TM87 visa application form that is especially for Savannahket and if you want a "Multi Entry" then you must write this directly after the type of visa you are applying for. They will not allow you to alter the paperwork at the window so you must go to the desk and do the changes and then get back on the end of the line.

This is important and valuable information for those planning a Visa run to Savannakhet.  Sounds like a major time saver too vs going back to the end of the line.  Thanks for posting this information, I hope everyone who can use this info will see it before they go!

8 hours ago, Genericnic said:

The form that is needed is the TM87 visa application form that is especially for Savannakhet and if you want a "Multi Entry" then you must write this directly after the type of visa you are applying for.

It certainly is not a TM87 form that is only used at a immigration office to apply for a non immigrant visa.

The correct form should be this one shown on their website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/contents/files/services-20190820-153837-960459.PDF

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:26 PM, Genericnic said:

@Russell17au Very helpful. Thank you.

Were you doing a non-O based on retirement? If so, what document did you use to satisfy the requirements of item 5 on the list of requirements? (see #32 above)

Thanks

David

Sorry, David but mine was based on marriage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just looking for an update on requirements for the Non-Immigrant Visa "O" (For the purpose of visiting family member of a Thai nationality, a spouse of Thai national) from Savannakhet. 

I notice from their website: http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106945-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html that it only mentions Single Entry.

Is Multiple Entry still available at Savannakhet? Any other requirements being asked for as of this month or the end of November?

Many thanks.

MF

27 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Is Multiple Entry still available at Savannakhet? Any other requirements being asked for as of this month or the end of November?

A multiple entry non-o visa is still available in Savannakhet.

There have been no changes to the requirements.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-o visa is still available in Savannakhet.

There have been no changes to the requirements.

Many thanks. Joe.

Just to confirm, there is no online appointment system at Savannakhet, like there is at Vientiane, right?

MF.

Edited by MagnumForce

20 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Just to confirm, there is no online appointment system at Savannakhet, like there is at Vientiane, right?

Question > Can you also apply for a Multi Entry Non Imm O at Vientiane embassy?

If so, are the requirements same as in Savannakhet?

Thanks!

• Haha 1