BANGKOK
JAS21

TransferWise still working well

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:
OK my transfer arrived at the normal 1400 time but was recorded as interbank rather than international.  My account is supposed to be tagged to use Bangkok Bank but did not select the Thailand income option (used medical expense as was insurance payment).  So it may be vital to use the Thailand option as reason selection if you want payment direct to your receiving bank.

Sounds like you chose the incorrect drop down box option

Did not need it to show as income so used correct option for what it was to see if any difference - there was.  Maybe a one-off but time will tell.

16 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

OK my transfer arrived at the normal 1400 time but was recorded as interbank rather than international.  My account is supposed to be tagged to use Bangkok Bank but did not select the Thailand income option (used medical expense as was insurance payment).  So it may be vital to use the Thailand option as reason selection if you want payment direct to your receiving bank.

I have not tagged to use Bangkok Bank but did select the new 'Funds for long Term Stay in Thailand' and did get the transfer tagged as International.... looks that way.

My CC account has been hacked....$2018 sent via Transferwise....!

Commonwealth Bank in Oz investigating.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Your TransferWise account was hacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Interesting. They've started increased security with an additional password now, maybe that's why

Never have had such on Transferwise but get an SMS that needs to be entered occasionally - did not have anything extra on a transfer started yesterday.

I did a Transfer yesterday, just Username and PW.

Sometimes(but not always)  I get an SMS with am additional OTP.

But nothing has actually changed.

Never have had such on Transferwise but get an SMS that needs to be entered occasionally - did not have anything extra on a transfer started yesterday.
If you log in using your google account and details they now want a new additional password

So far, I am not impressed with the speed:

tw.gif.a7e64d812052e03cd5331c494d0d2309.gif

This is using an ACH transfer from my bank to Transferwise.  I set up the transfer the morning of th 17th (Thu).  Why would it take Transferwise 7 days to get the funds via ACH?

Wow...7 calendar days....but two of those days are on a weekend when the ACH system comes to a halt as it's pretty much a Monday thru Friday system.  I remember my very first transfer they were estimating around 4 days.....but after that first transfer the rest got much faster...1 or 2 days from start to finish with them receiving money via ACH is less than 24 hours....sometimes around 6 hours.   Now I don't think they really got the money that fast but after one or two transfers they must have trusted me more and figured the money would arrive via ACH for sure so they would not wait until it really, really arrived.  Heck, I would have the money posted to my Thai bank acct and the withdrawal hadn't even posted to my US bank acct yet.

Is this your first transfer with them?

38 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

So far, I am not impressed with the speed:

tw.gif.a7e64d812052e03cd5331c494d0d2309.gif

This is using an ACH transfer from my bank to Transferwise.  I set up the transfer the morning of th 17th (Thu).  Why would it take Transferwise 7 days to get the funds via ACH?

Thu request means nothing happens until late Monday US time (Tuesday the 21st here) and the 23rd is a holiday here; and being more than $10,000 special reporting requirements must be met so expect all has combined to make it longer than normal.

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Thu request means nothing happens until late Monday US time (Tuesday the 21st here) and the 23rd is a holiday here; and being more than $10,000 special reporting requirements must be met so expect all has combined to make it longer than normal.

Why would a Thursday morning request (Wednesday evening US time) not have anything happen until late Monday US time?  Why are both Thursday & Friday in the US not action days?

I got this e-mail from them:

Your money's taking a little longer to get to us.

When you set up your transfer, we estimated that it would take 1 working day for your money to get to us. But this time, it’s taking a little longer to arrive.

Your money will now get to us in 3 working days. As soon as it gets here, we’ll convert it. Then we’ll send it out to your recipient.

... with no explanation *why* it's taking an extra two days.  If the reason is that the amount is >$10k and requires more paperwork, why not share that so I'll know in advance that my next $14k installment will also be delayed.

Edited by wpcoe

12 hours ago, wpcoe said:

That is rubbish, (I mean the system, not the post).I was able to get  money to Transferwise within a matter of 2-3 minutes on a weekend!

Edited by jacko45k

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That is rubbish, (I mean the system, not the post).I was able to get  money to Transferwise within a matter of 2-3 minutes on a weekend!

It is not rubbish (actually ACH is) as it can take several days for an ACH draw from Transferwise to actually get to them.  US banks have various systems and some are very slow and do batch process for ACH movement.  Other systems and countries can be much faster but for US the ACH draw is the normal process and it is slow (and a minute delay could mean an extra day (or 3 if a weekend) wait if they only process once a day).  

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It is not rubbish (actually ACH is) as it can take several days for an ACH draw from Transferwise to actually get to them.  US banks have various systems and some are very slow and do batch process for ACH movement.  Other systems and countries can be much faster but for US the ACH draw is the normal process and it is slow (and a minute delay could mean an extra day (or 3 if a weekend) wait if they only process once a day).  

No, it is rubbish..... I can pay from a UK bank nearly immediately, or use a debit card similarly, even at weekend. If you read my post again you will see I was commenting on the system, not the post!