TransferWise still working well

Another example showing that TW doesn't work so well.

It's a copy of transfer running right now.

(Times are French time, so add 5 hours to get Thai time)

Why is TW waiting 14 hours to put my money on my Thai account ???

TW-200429b.PNG

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

TW-200429b.PNG

Because it is night here?  It is a local deposit made in Thailand to your account here and at least for USA always done at a set time during operating hours of banks here.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

TW-200429b.PNG

If you complete the transfer before 9:00am THAI TIME it will arrive in your Thai bank account the same day.

TW  is not waiting 14 hours. You have transferred at 2:57pm French time, 7:57pm Thai time. The transfer is then waiting with the Thai bank to be processed during banking hours

Edited by john terry1001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, john terry1001 said:

TW  is not waiting 14 hours. You have transferred at 2:57pm French time, 7:57pm Thai time. The transfer is then waiting with the Thai bank to be processed during banking hours

No. Must be other reasons as I already had TW transfers arriving on my Thai account during Thai night.

This transfer just arrived a few minutes ago. It tooks 5 more hours after their paiement to put the money on my account, and everyone know that a transfer interbanks in Thailand is "instant transfer".

I am just persuaded that TW make these delays to try to find the best exchange rate for them to increase their profit. 18+ hours... ????

TW-200429c.PNG

Edited by Pattaya46

18 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Method of payment to TW, Thai receiving bank and reason for transfer can all affect time taken too.

Edited by treetops

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Long holiday weekend.

Correct!  I initiated a transfer from the US this morning (Apr 30), and the web page noted that May 1 and May 4 were national holidays, so the transfer would be delayed by 5 days.  Once initiated, the status update says the transfer will be paid out on May 4, which really doesn't make a lot of sense because May 4 is also a Thai holiday.  Also, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be paid out over the weekend. Does Transferwise not make deposits into Thai bank accounts on weekends?

Similar experience for me.

Just initiated a Euro transfer from my (Belgian) TW account.

Expected to be paid on May 5.

Fortunately I don't care if the rate/amount is fixed/frozen.

I noticed that since 2 days or so the guarantee time span for the Euro(!) rate is 120 hours! 6 days! Never seen this before.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 4/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, Pattaya46 said:

TW-200429b.PNG

It's Corona time, and still faster and cheaper than the bank...

On 4/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, Pattaya46 said:

No. Must be other reasons as I already had TW transfers arriving on my Thai account during Thai night.

I never ever have. Usually 9am. 

On 4/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, Pattaya46 said:

This transfer just arrived a few minutes ago. It tooks 5 more hours after their paiement to put the money on my account, and everyone know that a transfer interbanks in Thailand is "instant transfer". 

I am just persuaded that TW make these delays to try to find the best exchange rate for them to increase their profit. 18+ hours... ????

TW-200429c.PNG

TW complete transfers at the time they say but the Thai bank will update foreign transfers into individual accounts at certain times of the day, it wont show as instant in your account as it's not a Thai Interbank transfer. eg: regardless of when TW transfers into my Bangkok Bank account the bank will always update my account at 2:00pm so it can show as a varying delay between the TW 'SENT' time and the time shown on my bank statement.

As an example:

1. I initiated a transfer last Friday, 1-5-20 at 6:45am (Thai time).

2. I was informed immediately by TW that, because of Thai national holidays, the Thai banking system wasn't available over the extended weekend, they couldn't complete my transfer until Tuesday 5-5-20. I accepted that, then received the first confirmation email almost immediately.

3. At 8:44am (Thai time) today 5-5-20 I received an email from TW to confirm the money had been sent to my Bangkok bank and would be available today. I expect that to show in my account at 2:00pm this afternoon as it always does.

And as for your (best for TW) exchange rate theory:

When I initiated the transfer at 6:45am on Friday the rate was 40.8468 baht/GBP. But, as usual with the GBP, the rate dropped later that day to around 40.05 and stayed low all weekend.

When I received my confirmation email this morning it confirmed I would get the 40.8468 bagt/GBP rate of Friday am. 

SO TRANSFERWISE DEFINITELY DON'T DELAY TRANSFERS AND CHOOSE A RATE TO BENEFIT THEM. They give you the live rate available at the time you initiate the transfer.

• Like 2