TAT keen for more regional, Indian visitors

snoop1130

TAT keen for more regional, Indian visitors

By The Nation

800_b4a9fc3f95fe3fa.jpeg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is working with Bangkok Airways (BA) to lure more visitors from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam – the so-called CLMV countries – as well as Malaysia, Singapore and India with a “Fly Me to Thailand” campaign.

“The aim is to attract more tourists to boost income during the green season,” said Klissada Ratanapruk, the agency’s executive director for Asean, South Asia and South Pacific, referring to the rainy season.

Klissada said visitors from those nations flying with BA in a group of three or more anytime this year would be eligible for “WOW Deal” exclusive privileges. They include a Bt800 voucher for shopping at department stores and discounts at more than 63 hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues and spa lounges.

“The number of tourists from CLMV and Malaysia, Singapore and India is expected to increase by 25,000 thanks to this project, generating approximately Bt924 million,” Klissada said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30376988

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-02

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“The aim is to attract more tourists to boost income during the green season,” said Klissada Ratanapruk, the agency’s executive director for Asean, South Asia and South Pacific, referring to the rainy season.

Is it only TAT who try to call something a different name to what is, to try and put a spin on it?

I can't help thinking those who know no better might be disappointed.

Is this starting to sound absolutely desperate? Thailand's neighbors? The same people they've denigrated since forever?

If this high season is a truly a ball buster AND recession hits in the west - I predict a loosening of restrictions that will allow some of the flotsam they've kicked out of the country to return. It won't be an announcement but they will just stop the denied entries and loosen up on visas.

The powers that be don't care. Their money does not come from tourism but the country is unstable. Lots of poor work in tourism industry. Lots of wealthy people own large corporations that deal in/directly. Given it's 7-15% of GDP there has to be a tipping point. BUT that does not mean they'll let in all the scousers especially the Pattaya bound and CM is known for the skint farang geezers as well.

Long ago in America, sexy airline stewardesses used to appear in ads saying "Delta is ready when you are!" or "Hi, I'm Cheryl Fly me!" Oh, wait, that's exactly what the Thai ... flight attendant ... is saying in the picture. How come the two guys in the picture aren't saying "Fly me"? Or maybe, a guy and a ladyboy in the picture, saying "Fly me"?

Remember the new billboard slogan: "In Pattaya, you can come every day."

lol

Next year figures be even worse, trade war will move forward start of 2020 and thailand political issues likely worsen through the year and if nothing done on baht value then they going see some real issues even fake statistics and indians won't cover lol .

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is working with Bangkok Airways (BA) to lure more visitors from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam – the so-called CLMV countries – as well as Malaysia, Singapore and India with a “Fly Me to Thailand” campaign.

Klissada said visitors from those nations flying with BA in a group of three or more anytime this year would be eligible for “WOW Deal” exclusive privileges. They include a Bt800 voucher for shopping at department stores and discounts at more than 63 hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues and spa lounges.

Sometimes I really wonder what kind of nitwits work at TAT. There is no strategy in its plans, everything is tactical and knee-jerk. Let's get the Chinese. Norwegians. Forget the Chinese. Get Indians. The westerners. Get the Chinese back. Oops, we forgot CLMV, Malaysia and Singapore. TAT, the 800-baht vouchers aren't that attractive and the 63 (only!?) outlets offering discounts sound somewhat half-ar$ed.

With regards to the Malaysian market, I fly to Malaysia very often and I know for a fact that Bangkok Airways does not have direct flights to Kuala Lumpur. It code-shares with Malaysia Airlines and their flights normally entail a few-hour stopover in Phuket. Who'd take this route, when there are tons of direct flights by Air Asia, Malaysia Airlines and even Thai Airways?

Lure... :cheesy: I think the only luring being done here is you guys luring yourselves - and taking the hook, line and sinker - into believing this 'campaign' will generate 924 million baht.

18 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

Anytime now, the raving and ranting will start. "Oh, more Indians/ Chinese/ whatever", why not more Westerners, blah blah blah

And what would be wrong about that?

Chinese (groups) don't bring in any money and private wealthy families and couples are far an in between!

The Indians are known on Patpong for sharing a beer (or even better: a coke) with 2 or 3 guys and the same goes for the girls, who are shared as well!

So no big money there, either!

How many good paying tourists they expect from Laos?

So ...yes...do something to get the Westerners back!

They spend cash in local restaurants bars and shops!

But I guess, that ship has long sailed!

Why ? They do not spend any money.   1 coke 6 straws please

The affluent Indians have & will still come & they are the ones you should be looking after.

Similar with the Chinese. Stop talking numbers & start talking Baht.

I see OYO just taken over the old Crown Hotel. More Baht being repatriated to China

Isn't Bangkok Airways quite expensive? More like the "HiSo Koh Samui"-Airline. I think for example from Laos or Cambodia most would fly on AirAsia, Nok or Thai Smile. LoCost flights are cheaper than BA around 800Baht, return-flight probably 1600. That money you can spend wherever you want, no need for a Voucher and being "lured"....

Personally, when the Chinese and Indians started arriving it ruined Thailand forever for me. That and the awful pollution. My ex gf and a few friends want me to come back, my gf bought an second hand Everest and said it was mine when I come back., I think about it and remember the awful Chinese tourist, pollution, what a horrible place to visit.  The could offer me 1,000,000 baht and I would pass. Let the Chinese and Indians have it.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:24 PM, bluesofa said:

Is it only TAT who try to call something a different name to what is, to try and put a spin on it?

I can't help thinking those who know no better might be disappointed.

What about the 'other' season?  The brown season?

Archived