BANGKOK
MisterBleach

Far Fewer Farang Waltzing Down the Chiang Mai Streets These Days. Why?

I was waltzing the street down today and saw plenty of other fellow falang.. 👍

Because they changed the music to dirges.

~o:37;

On 10/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, Dante99 said:

You are down on CM and Sri Lanka.  Where do you like it?  besides Mae Hong Son

North Koh Phangan, Railay, Cave Lodge, Gulf coast between towns, Pattaya, east coast Koh Lanta, areas north and east of Chiang Mai in the hills. All good. 

Phayao wasn't bad either. Nice rides around the lake and some interesting temples.

I didn't mind living in C M, but I'd never recommend it to a tourist.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:56 AM, fhickson said:

ive noticed some increased negativity by thais in cm. not as friendly as it was say 5 years ago. red truck/tuk trying to charge double when they can etc.

grab seems the way to go as the reviews keep drivers on their toes, low reviews means less ride referrals. works for me. fudge the tip.

the big new malls lkke maya/festival has changed the vibe. the thais dont seem to like working there and take it out on customers. weird vibes. dont go in anymore.

agree not many farang around at all. saw a couple hippies with dreads/banana pants today, looked strange and out of place. dont see any farang/thai couples around. the free spirit traveler stuff appears to be gone, or did that go in the 80's?

did see a hippy bar with a blond with huge cannons asleep or passed out on a futon with a bottle of jack. thai bf with dreads there. looked like she needed a good pontoon.

saw many food vendors in the same spot, making the same drink/dish as they were 8 years ago.

out of here tomorrow. better pastures.

Yesterday my Thai driver I have used for 15 years told me that a tuk tuk ( same day) charged a farang 400 baht for a 3 minute ride; sort of explains why their are few farangs around CNX.

• Like 1

I guess as humans we need oxygen.  People are probably going to places where they can breath freely and not through gauze masks.  Pay attention GoT.  

• Like 1

Small number of farangs waltzing down Chiang Mai streets?!  According to the Chiang Mai hoteliers Association, it the small number of Chinese waltzing around with their spinner suitcases in tow that is the issue. 

--This year’s Chinese ‘Golden Week’ (October 1-7) was very quiet compared to previous years ----    

😮

Not sure what the OP is talking about or where they get their information. I'm out and about in CM daily and see farang pretty much everywhere I go. In fact, in the burbs I am see more and more farang families with kids in tow. If the OP is talking about in the city, it is low season after all and the smokey season this year has put a damper of tourists visiting the city. 

yesterday late afternoon I was sitting outdoors getting a foot massage and in an hour abt 10 tour busses of farang passed by... not used to seeing young farang on tour busses... 

• Like 1

The only reasons are:-

1,) The strong Thai baht.

2.) Government policies!.

3.) Stability!

• Like 1