Blue Diamond Affair: The mystery of the stolen Saudi jewels

webfact

45 minutes ago, phkauf said:
3 hours ago, anterian said:

The diamond is not lost, it will eventually resurface, perhaps after the death of the current owner. I wonder what story will be used to explain its reemergence. 

"Oh look what we found when we were cleaning up. It must have slipped behind the couch cushions." 

With all the flimsy, unrealistic excuses used by the Thai government I would not be surprised to hear that.

so much for 'only' Russians; operating under the same, recently repopularised 'russian rules' 

12 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Dont have such a attitude....No telling who the Saudis stole some of the loot from....The loot was mostly likely stolen many times over many centuries...

Much like royal families the world over. 

10 hours ago, Nobbie49 said:

The whole story was and still is a blessing in disguise i.e. Saudis are still not allowed to travel to Thailand unless they have personal approval from the Minister of Interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

But many do. I live in Saudi. Many of my colleagues have been or plan to go in the future. I even know some Saudis married to Thais with half thai saudi kids. It's an interesting mix. What do you have against Saudis? They're nice people, very friendly. A lot more friendly than the Thais in many ways, certainly a lot more genuine. When they take you as a friend it really means something. There's a lot to be said for Arab hospitality. 

9 hours ago, Xavnel said:

Thailand Officials should thank and reward Kriangkrai...

He started a string of events that have kept Saudi people from being allowed into Thailand. 

Thailand won that chain if events.

See above. Why so anti? 

8 hours ago, tso310 said:

Lets not forget the 100,000+ Thais who lost their jobs in Saudi because of the greed of a few of their own countrymen. I flew Dhrahan - Bangkok many times and it was a real money tree for Thai Int.

It was more than that. Still about 10-15,000 there I think. I used to be in the Thai circuit in Riyadh and there are three types of Thai in Saudi.

The first group is a dwindling number of Thais who've been there for 30 years or more from before the Saudis stopped issuing visas for Thais. They normally do quite low paid jobs, often in farming, as mechanics, cooks, seamstress.... 

The second group is Thai women married to foreigners. Fairly sizeable in number but there's a lot of competition between them as to who's in the better position financially. Some good parties in the compound though. 

The last group is Thais in highly skilled jobs like engineering etc who are still issued with visas, and embassy staff and so on. There numbers are small. 

8 hours ago, khunPer said:

I'm looking forward to the thriller-movie "The Blue Diamond Affair – based on a true story"...????

Good thing I read all the comments before posting as your thought was the same as mine .... but I'll take a shot anyway.

"Coming soon to a BIG SCREEN near you". Or pay to view on your smart phone (more likely).

I thought Thai workers go abroad to support their family, not to start gambling and build (massive) gambling debts.......internet was not available then so he must have gambled inside the country.........ordinary crook who dragged the Kingdom in disarray 

3 hours ago, hgma said:

I thought Thai workers go abroad to support their family, not to start gambling and build (massive) gambling debts.......internet was not available then so he must have gambled inside the country.........ordinary crook who dragged the Kingdom in disarray 

His part was rather insignificant, it's what followed that dragged Thailand down in the eyes of the Saudi's - - you need to research the after events. 

Archived