Two blacklisted foreigners in Phuket arrested, deported

webfact

Two blacklisted foreigners in Phuket arrested, deported

By The Phuket News

1570077398_1-org.jpg

Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang (right) of the Immigration Bureau at the press conference announcing the arrests. Photo: Immigration Bureau

PHUKET: Two foreigners already blacklisted and banned from re-entering Thailand have been caught in Phuket thanks to biometric passports, reports the Immigration Bureau.

Pol Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang of the Immigration Bureau explained to a press conference in Bangkok that the two cases involved a Russian woman identified only as “Julia” and an Iraqi national identified only as “Ali Hassan”.

The Russian woman “Julia” had been caught working illegally in Thailand in 2012, Gen Sompong said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/two-blacklisted-foreigners-in-phuket-arrested-deported-73124.php#srgBgk8d3KZVdcUu.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-03

The Russian woman “Julia” had been caught working illegally in Thailand in 2012, Gen Sompong said.

The "horizontal business" in Phuket without Julia could cause a serious shortage.

Not so long ago, they ( Russian prostis) could fly into U-Tapao without any travel documents.

Great idea to use our biometrics, innit? 

33 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"which through checking biometric passport records discovered that Julia had already been banned from re-entering Thailand for 100 years, Gen Sompong said."

i wonder what her ST rate will be then.

Free.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Massive great larger than life vinyl poster just for two people. Big Joke certainly started a trend with this self indulgent publicity and RTP grandstanding.

hope the plastic posters are environmentally friendly???????????????????????????????????????

It is the 21st century. Why are we wasting all that plastic everytime the police complete an operation - the very idea of these posters is what computers are made for, or do the police not know how to make flow charts and the like on a computer? They could even project the image onto a screen as large as that poster or larger. Plus all the money wasted. I have always and will continue to think these charts look foolish and child-like. It is hard to take them serious when they create these monstrosities. This is something a fifth grader creates, not a professional police force or immigration or anyone above the age of 10.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

ONLY IN THAILAND, had to call a press conference, as they caught 2, pathetic, and they dont know any different thats the funny part, me me me, look at me,  photo shoot time, only another 100,000 to go,

And she obviously is a seriously bad criminal. Working illegally. Wow!! Impressive.????????????????????

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

ONLY IN THAILAND, had to call a press conference, as they caught 2, pathetic, and they dont know any different thats the funny part, me me me, look at me,  photo shoot time, only another 100,000 to go,

Haha I know right. Thailand is the most lax country on planet Earth. Buddy of mine texted me this last week:

Yeah, elite visa is the way to go. It’s worth dropping $6k on if you travel a lot. I never have any problems going in or out of Thailand and my wait time at the airport is 10 minutes. Nice to get picked up and dropped off in long wheel base S class Mercedes or 8 Series BMW and fast tracked through check-in and immigration. No x-rays, no checks, no nothing. I could bring whatever I want onto a commercial airplane and it wouldn’t be an issue since I’m never checked.

Pretty funny on on my way into Bangkok from the UK last week, one of their dolly birds was waiting for me on the tarmac with a golf buggy, just after my plane landed, and whisked me straight through immigration and into lounge, fully stocked with girls and alcohol. I don’t need to tell you what happened in the lounge :) All while I wait for my luggage to be retrieved ;-).

If you’re interested in one of these visas, the elite company is just round the corner from me where I live in Sathorn and I just drop my passport in their if I need to do a 90 day report; (don't have to go to central immigration). And don't even have to drop my passport in for report if flying in / out of Thailand, and I do so frequently enough. I used to have a none immigrant B visa using my UK company and Thai company but that got a lot harder a couple of years ago and you had to get a work permit within 90 days so I ended up going for one of these elite visas.”

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

So what they are basically saying is that the biometric data does not work when checking arrivals. Funny I thought that was the whole point of it, to catch them before they enter the country.

Well you might think that, but not letting them in just doesn't pay.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"which through checking biometric passport records discovered that Julia had already been banned from re-entering Thailand for 100 years, Gen Sompong said."

i wonder what her ST rate will be then.

Raymond Reddington and Elizabeth Keen assisted.

It probably sounds a little cruel but do both sides (Thailand & homecountry) a favor; convict them for 10 years up, throw them in one of the luxury hotels spread over the country and it's over. Deporting them doesn't mean they will try over and over again. Scum like that never learn and are not willing.

These muppets. First they re-admit foreigners who are blacklisted and thus inadmissible, which is a major lapse in security. Then they have the balls, nay, cheek to pat themselves on the backs for arresting them later. They should all be fired and forced to work as airport toilet cleaners. I'd even wet (sic) their beak.

9 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The "horizontal business" in Phuket without Julia could cause a serious shortage.

Not so long ago, they ( Russian prostis) could fly into U-Tapao without any travel documents.

Great idea to use our biometrics, innit? 

So they flew in without passports? What do you mean by prostits? There was no mention of sex work in this report. More likely she was in the travel business.

3 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

It probably sounds a little cruel but do both sides (Thailand & homecountry) a favor; convict them for 10 years up, throw them in one of the luxury hotels spread over the country and it's over. Deporting them doesn't mean they will try over and over again. Scum like that never learn and are not willing.

scum? Why so harsh?

Archived