I got my Marajuana Card in BKK near Don Muang, play it safe,for Severe Insomnia

Ireland32

On 10/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, Nyezhov said:

Im not going anywhere near a police station absent me being a crime victim, and it better be a serious crime. When I go to Polo Fried Chicken I walk across the street to avoid the Lumpini Station.

Are those clowns still shaking people down willy, nilly? I thought they'd have got bored with that by now; In fact , I thought they were ordered to reign it in a bit once their activities started to get attention from the International Press

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, Nyezhov said:

Im not going anywhere near a police station absent me being a crime victim, and it better be a serious crime. When I go to Polo Fried Chicken I walk across the street to avoid the Lumpini Station.

My thoughts too!

9 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Any body here old enough to remember "Thai sticks" from the 1970s?  Seems to me I recall something about those from my college days in the US of A.

Yes. Buddha Grass. Long gone. Rumours were all crops go to higher echelon monks and YKW. Certainly been non since the late 70s early 80s. Now like all old fashioned strains being eliminated by contaminated cross fertilisation of GMO strains...the dreaded abomination Skunk. 

On 10/5/2019 at 9:28 AM, Matzzon said:

Something to hide?

Everyone has 'something' to hide. I think you might be too unaware to know of  the saying of Beria, Stalin's head of security,  paedophile, and mass murderer.  He used to say: 'Bring me the man and I will show you the crime'.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:23 PM, Nyezhov said:

OK. Fire that up outside the box and report back.

Im still wondering how you get Probabtion as a falang in Thailand, instead of being thrown into a stinky room with a filthy mattress with 30 other folks for three weeks and then being uncermoniouly tossed on a plane where folks just stare at you (I saw one of those dudes in April out of here, he was a Yank and a total mouthy <deleted> it embarrased me) until you reach your home.

Clearly you haven't been around long enough. Have had several friends caught with weed and opium over the years and only got probation.

8 minutes ago, happysanook said:

Clearly you haven't been around long enough. Have had several friends caught with weed and opium over the years and only got probation.

In 30 years in Thailand (Is that long enough for you?), I've never, not once, heard of a non-Thai (or a Thai for that matter) getting probation for drug offences.

I'm calling major BS on this one.

Drugs are the 'great evil' for Thai authorities. Making a pinch for narcotics is too much of a publicity opportunity for those in power, and too much of a potential earner especially when a foreigner is involved. 

I don't know what agendas are being aired here but they seem misleading, and potentially dangerous to me. You make it seem like it's fine to walk down the road puffing away on a joint, risking a 'slap on the wrist'. This is certainly NOT the case. Thailand has draconian drug laws. Those who think they can flout these laws, with no risk, are delusional and misleading others as many have found out to their cost. 

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Any body here old enough to remember "Thai sticks" from the 1970s?  Seems to me I recall something about those from my college days in the US of A.

Yes, I was here in 1975, and indeed there were buds tied to sticks.  I had to wait out some time in BKK and I used to get it from a street vendor who sold it as a sideline.  Great stuff as I recall.

About 5 years later I was back in town and as she saw me walking directly to her cart she motioned me to go away.  My guess is there was a shift in the law enforcement situation.

There is a line in a Bruce Springsteen song: "the cops finally busted Madame Marie for telling fortunes better than do."

I haven't seen it sold in stick form since then.

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Everyone has 'something' to hide. I think you might be too unaware to know of  the saying of Beria, Stalin's head of security,  paedophile, and mass murderer.  He used to say: 'Bring me the man and I will show you the crime'.

Yes, and of course he was right. You decide that, sunnyboy2018, right? You just showed me stupidity. 

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

Yes, I was here in 1975, and indeed there were buds tied to sticks.  I had to wait out some time in BKK and I used to get it from a street vendor who sold it as a sideline.  Great stuff as I recall.

About 5 years later I was back in town and as she saw me walking directly to her cart she motioned me to go away.  My guess is there was a shift in the law enforcement situation.

There is a line in a Bruce Springsteen song: "the cops finally busted Madame Marie for telling fortunes better than do."

I haven't seen it sold in stick form since then.

I was not in Thailand at the time, but pot and grass was all over New England. Gosh going to a Rock Concert people were just passing joints down the rows.   Didn't really make it into my little home neighborhood of East Providence Rhode Island and we had no money to buy anything anyway.  But I had some cousins up in Massachusetts that dabbled in all that stuff.  

8 hours ago, IvorLott said:

Are those clowns still shaking people down willy, nilly? I thought they'd have got bored with that by now; In fact , I thought they were ordered to reign it in a bit once their activities started to get attention from the International Press

Checkpoint on Suk under the Phra Kanong bridge turnaround on Sunday morning. makes a stoner bung seize up, yes. But Who knows. But thats Khlong Toei PoPo?

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

yeah except now its dark brown and compressed into bricks. Its dirtweed, just bunk to those of us who are lucky enough to be from the USA.

The Thais mix it with tobacco. I was smelling it last night from some dudes fishing on the Chao Phraya.

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Sort of like the US Congress and press?

--------->ziiiiiingggggggggggggggg------> :cheesy:

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Checkpoint on Suk under the Phra Kanong bridge turnaround on Sunday morning. makes a stoner bung seize up, yes. But Who knows. But thats Khlong Toei PoPo?

I think those buffoons are Thong Lor. They were told to wind it in as they were just grabbing any random white person walking by at their height until they collared some bloke from the Swedish (?) Embassy who turned out to be a high ranking diplomat which was a big mistake for them. 

I had/have business contacts near that area and also overlooking Asoke BTS (another notorious 'random check' hotspot)

We could see them pulling random people all day long. Those guys were rapacious for that 'big bust' or any bust, for that matter, which is why I call all this 'probation' for drugs, BS.

If they'd have nabbed anyone, it would have firstly been a big 'fine' to avoid further action, failing that, a big media showing the 'good work' off, then  few months in a sweaty cell before being marched to the airport...

19 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

I think those buffoons are Thong Lor.

Actually I looked at the sign, Khlong Tan.

Guess I need to get dropped off across the street and use the pedestrian bridge, or even better, stop acting like a loony kid and go home before midnight

A post flaming another member and reply to it have been removed. So too have posts discussing illegal activity.

the thread is about legal use of medical cannabis products.

There is currently no distinction made between Thai and foreign patients in access to medical cannabis. That will likely change if the sort of posts and attitudes being displayed on this forum continue. To the detriment of people with real medical problems.  ????

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:37 AM, bendejo said:

I would still like to hear about the process of obtaining the actual, physical substance.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:26 AM, Skallywag said:

Me Too.  

I tried to pm the OP but no response as I too was interested in more details considering the post.

So I went there and it's legitimate and they are quite friendly. The nurses speak English quite well also. You fill out the initial patient information form which is short. Sit and wait to be called in and speak with the doctor. I explained my symptoms and next you know it, you are at the checkout room and on your way back home. 

On 10/5/2019 at 2:52 PM, Nyezhov said:

I would just like to ask the more sophisticated  expats here if they have ever heard of a farang getting busted with weed and being put on  "probabation".

Dude, if you are telling us all this bull*** about how you get legal weed here in Thailand, do me a favour...walk to the Police Box in Thong Lo with your marijuana card on a lanyard around your neck and fire up a fat doobster right in front. Dont bogart it, maybe the cops want a toke. Let me know how it goes.

Oh Im sorry, only oils are legal. Thats OK, stop by Nana and buy a dab rig and wack down some oil instead of a doobie. 

Impressive command of the vernacular indeed. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, gk10002000 said:

I hit Pattaya in 1980, thai stikx were a dolla each, tourist price. Spent most of my time there just dazed.

On 10/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, Nyezhov said:

yeah except now its dark brown and compressed into bricks. Its dirtweed, just bunk to those of us who are lucky enough to be from the USA.

The Thais mix it with tobacco. I was smelling it last night from some dudes fishing on the Chao Phraya.

I was with a bunch Isaan types and they thought it was wild I rolled straight weed with no tobacco. Then you have to deal with no stickum on the thai papers, you know the ones for self rolling cig pouches. I'm a orange zigzag fan myself, no need for 2 papers.

Got a bottle of the oil my last time in states, just to try. It's OK but not the same as a good hit. yes the thai weed is inferior, but I don't like it too strong anyway.

Archived