Extension of stay Samut Prakan - Retirement

Due to a family health issue I need to schedule travel over my retirement visa extension renewal date. Assume a current renewal of 7th November.

Currently plan on using 800K method.

Had over 800K funds with KBank on  deposit since 8 Aug 2019 

I do my extension at Samut Prakan Immigration. I have a one year extension to retirement visa and multiple re-entry permit.

Been staying in the same place for 3 years and as far as know meeting the TM30 reporting reqs for the last 9 months.

.Based on current understanding how early can I go for extension visa renewal?       

.How late can i go for extension visa renewal ? 

.If I return in the  late "window" is there any problem with re-entering the country with an expired visa, expired reentry permit?

.What is the current required  documentation to confirm account funding before ?

.What is the required  documentation to confirm account funding after  ?    

Lots of questions but perhaps helpful to many if they can all be answered in one place for one office. I've tried to hit all the search phrases ????

I'll update this post with my actual experience but it will help me a lot if anyone  knows for Samut Prakhan  today.

Thanks

Apply for extension 30 days prior or some offices 45. 

Money in bank 2 months before and 3 months after then it cannot fall below 400k. The bank will provide you letter to confirm your account. You will also provide copies of bb. As for checking you maintain the money for 3 months after, that will be checked at time of next extension after the one your about to do. Except for rogue joints like Jomtien.

As far as "late window" you cannot obtain extension if past your current until date in passport. This is same date on your reentry permit stamp. You could go on last day but always allow as much time as possible in case you need other docs.

You can apply for the extension up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices.

You can apply on the 8th of this month which would be 2 months that money has been in the bank.

If you entered the country after your extension and re-permit expires you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You would have to start all over again by getting a new non-o visa.

• Like 2

Also, be aware that Samut Prakan Immigration insists that the 800,000 baht be lodged in the bank for 3 (three) months before applying for a retirement extension for the second year and all subsequent years.

Officials there only accept the 800k on deposit for 2 months in the case of FIRST TIME applicants.

I had personal experience of this anomaly, to my cost, in May this year.

• Like 2

samut prakarn is really a <deleted>hole and the people working there...4-5 lanes only on paper...if one is working, the rest is chatting, coffee break and one lane for those damn visa agents bringing in 10+ files at once and the rest can wait

very unfriendly, unhelpful looking down on farangs kind of people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:09 PM, roo4 said:

Also, be aware that Samut Prakan Immigration insists that the 800,000 baht be lodged in the bank for 3 (three) months before applying for a retirement extension for the second year and all subsequent years.

Officials there only accept the 800k on deposit for 2 months in the case of FIRST TIME applicants.

I had personal experience of this anomaly, to my cost, in May this year.

Can i ask what the solution was? Did you have to reapply or did they let it slide "this time"?

• 1 month later...

Did my retirement extension this week at Samut Prakan

SP Immigration  provided and I completed 3 Forms

1: TM7

2: Statement that i understand visa restrictions and penalties

3:Statement that i understand overstay restrictions and penalties

I provided usual  copies of relevant front, visa, TM6  passport pages.

I provided with signed copies

1: Bank Certified 90 day statement showing 90 days transactions and balance over 800K Baht,

2: Bank letter of account certification showing todays balance

They did not look at or want either of these and immediately returned them to me. 200 Baht and 45 minutes in the bank wasted ????

I provided with signed copies

1: Updated Bank book  

They did not want my copies of my bank book. They took my bank book and scanned the front and last updated pages. They immediately printed these two pages and asked me to sign them. 

My bank doesn't show individual transactions in the bank book. The most recent two entries are 

Nov 2018 - 900K Baht

Nov 2019 - 1.1M Baht. 

The bank book alone doesn't prove the 800K or 400K in between those two transactions.

I am wondering if the scan is to now or  in the near future link my bank account to immigration so they can demand the data from the banks. I did ask 3 different people what proof i would need to provide that i was meeting the 400/800 K limits. The only sensible answer i got was bring your updated Bank Book each time you visit.  

Unusually simple visit - confused how they meet they 800/400K requirement.