Thai busted taking coke into Japan, says citizen journalist

snoop1130

Thai busted taking coke into Japan, says citizen journalist

By The Nation

800_1141372ee1afddc.png

A Thai woman has been arrested in Japan for attempting to smuggle cocaine from Nepal, according to a citizen’s uncredited report on Facebook.

Thanakorn Jaisuksakuldee, who works as a Thai-Japanese interpreter, posted on Facebook this week that the woman was arrested at Kansai International Airport in Osaka on September 10.

Citing no source for his information, he said customs officers noticed her behaving suspiciously, as well as wearing a padded winter coat on a hot day. 

An X-ray scan turned up 14 small bags of cocaine in the coat weighing a combined 3.2 kilograms, which authorities said had a street value of 65.3 million yen (Bt18.6 million). 

Charged with smuggling an illegal drug, the woman allegedly confessed to being paid Bt20,000 for the job.

Thanakorn said three other Thai women were arrested on September 24 at Kansai Airport for smuggling drugs in condoms found hidden in their underwear and vaginas. 

The total weight was 1.5 kilograms, the estimated value of 90 million yen.

That same day, a 47-year-old Malaysian woman travelling with her teenage son was arrested for the same offense, her cocaine dissolved in a bottle of shampoo.

Thanakorn warned that Thai travellers could expect to be carefully scrutinised on arrival in Japan.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377029

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-03

I can never understand why people continue to carry prohibited drugs. There are enough stories of people getting caught and receiving substantial jail sentences, even the death penalty in certain countries ruining their and their families lives.

7 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I can never understand why people continue to carry prohibited drugs. There are enough stories of people getting caught and receiving substantial jail sentences, even the death penalty in certain countries ruining their and their families lives.

And for a 'massive' payment of 20,000 baht.

27 minutes ago, lujanit said:

The same as how a lot of girls end up in prostitution. Criminals are on the lookout for financially weaker and emotional unstable people who are, initially, showered with gifts, attention, and loans. And these will have to be repaid of course.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thanakorn said three other Thai women were arrested on September 24 at Kansai Airport for smuggling drugs in condoms found hidden in their underwear and vaginas. 

That will definitely get a few TV posters aroused and they are now probably thinking of what lewd comments they can make .

Probably thinking of posting something like * Phrooawwr , when I die, I want to get cremated and smuggled into Japan that way* 

33 minutes ago, lujanit said:

A lot of time they are manipulated and used as decoy while the real shipment go through. 

19 minutes ago, harriott456 said:

every country should revise their drug laws really, they are outdated and based on fear mongering...not all, but certainly more recreational ones, look at the taxes the US are bringing in now the laws have changed.

Although not a user, I agree that they need to drastically change drugs laws.

Apparently in Canada the tax on legal cannabis has been set a such a level that illicit suppliers can still sell at a profit?

True or not?

5 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Although not a user, I agree that they need to drastically change drugs laws.

Apparently in Canada the tax on legal cannabis has been set a such a level that illicit suppliers can still sell at a profit?

True or not?

True but the thing is that the legal market can't supply for the demand yet. I have some friends who want to be legal but sometimes they still need to buy on the black market because of shortage or because it's more pratical. 

A lot of these people are nieve and pursueded by the actual smugglers. ive been working abroad for twenty eyars and believe me i have seen right next to me very bizare things. once was asked by a very old korean lady who asked me to carry her bags off the boat when taking a hydrojet ferry from japan, when we arrived in korea and this was fifteen years ago, i refused and then she was caught trying to smuggle baby turtles. word of advice mates.. never help anyone but yourself.

9 hours ago, overherebc said:

And for a 'massive' payment of 20,000 baht.

I tend not to believe the payment is really that low. I think these foolish and unfortunately desperate mules play the payment down in an attempt to garner some sympathy from judges and prosecutors. Sort of like saying, "Look how stupid and desperate I am. You should give me a break. I wasn't getting much money for what I did." 

8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

True but the thing is that the legal market can't supply for the demand yet. I have some friends who want to be legal but sometimes they still need to buy on the black market because of shortage or because it's more pratical. 

Total BS, I have a medical liscence, am a user, and they is no shortage, product is cheaper than the black market, and of better quality.

my former suppliers have gone out of business the day it was legalized.

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Total BS, I have a medical liscence, am a user, and they is no shortage, product is cheaper than the black market, and of better quality.

my former suppliers have gone out of business the day it was legalized.

It probably depends of your province. I'm talking about Québec and I know other provinces have the same issue. My friends that were underground switched to production with a medical license (200 plants indoor) and get the same price. Someone in my family told me he use the same dealer since there is no store in his area. Quebec doesn't allow cultivation for recreational use. This probably play a role in the issue users are facing with supply. 

4 hours ago, Inn Between said:

I tend not to believe the payment is really that low. I think these foolish and unfortunately desperate mules play the payment down in an attempt to garner some sympathy from judges and prosecutors. Sort of like saying, "Look how stupid and desperate I am. You should give me a break. I wasn't getting much money for what I did." 

Yep. There is that.

15 hours ago, lujanit said:

Those taken are just the tip of the iceberg - with other words, the chance of success is clearly present and for the same reason it seems tempting to try.

In retrospect to hide it in a winter jacket you are wearing between 2 tropical destinations may give you unwanted attention ...

13 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Yes it is true right now the people winning on the deal are the First nations (indians)  the Joke that goes with this is that they do not pay federal taxes so the government gets nothing from the sales.

The other side of the coin is if you look at some of the US states that legalized it drug use is up and medical problems are also on the rise.

i will admit i used occasionally if at a party but never saw the benefit   I have friends that just like cigarettes can not live without it.

personally I would like to see some medical studies on marijuana use after legalization in a couple of states  before I start saying go all the way.

As top Canada you have to remember that the "boy wonder" PM was concieved while mom was high and or partying with jagger.

Archived