Thai busted taking coke into Japan, says citizen journalist

snoop1130

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Those taken are just the tip of the iceberg - with other words, the chance of success is clearly present and for the same reason it seems tempting to try.

In retrospect to hide it in a winter jacket you are wearing between 2 tropical destinations may give you unwanted attention ...

I have seen Thais wearing winter jackets with parkas when I was in shorts and T-shirt. Were they carrying drugs?

16 hours ago, lujanit said:

I can never understand why people continue to carry prohibited drugs. There are enough stories of people getting caught and receiving substantial jail sentences, even the death penalty in certain countries ruining their and their families lives.

You're being rational. The average criminal has below average intelligence and very often acts on impulse with little regard for the consequences of his actions and is therefore not rational. For example; there are criminals who are willing to risk going to prison for years just to score a hundred bucks in an armed robbery.  

17 hours ago, lujanit said:

I can never understand why people continue to carry prohibited drugs. There are enough stories of people getting caught and receiving substantial jail sentences, even the death penalty in certain countries ruining their and their families lives.

I can never understand why people continue to use prohibited drugs. If only they knew that the drugs they sniff were once up the rectum of some 3rd world african or asian smuggler.

8 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Total BS, I have a medical liscence, am a user, and they is no shortage, product is cheaper than the black market, and of better quality.

my former suppliers have gone out of business the day it was legalized.

BC - legal $10 plus per gram or $280 per ounce.

- from friends - $100 per ounce.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Yes it is true right now the people winning on the deal are the First nations (indians)  the Joke that goes with this is that they do not pay federal taxes so the government gets nothing from the sales.

The other side of the coin is if you look at some of the US states that legalized it drug use is up and medical problems are also on the rise.

i will admit i used occasionally if at a party but never saw the benefit   I have friends that just like cigarettes can not live without it.

personally I would like to see some medical studies on marijuana use after legalization in a couple of states  before I start saying go all the way.

As top Canada you have to remember that the "boy wonder" PM was concieved while mom was high and or partying with jagger.

Sure, Justin looks just like Mick.

19 hours ago, lujanit said:

Greed

19 hours ago, lujanit said:

same reason for falling for scam - greed

20 hours ago, lujanit said:

Psychopath and stupid are everywhere

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

That will definitely get a few TV posters aroused and they are now probably thinking of what lewd comments they can make .

Probably thinking of posting something like * Phrooawwr , when I die, I want to get cremated and smuggled into Japan that way* 

43 posts, and you appear to be the only one whose mind is in the gutter.

1 hour ago, wxyz1 said:

same reason for falling for scam - greed

Their greed is too petty because to accept average USD700 + accomodation + air flight tickets = USD1,000 is too little. She should bargain for USD20,000 instead of USD1,000.
Each kilo of pure cocaine value about USD26,000. 

On 10/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, lujanit said:

Greed is stronger ...

24 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Greed is stronger ...

I wonder if desperation is even a stronger motive. Greed doesn’t provide enough motivation on it’s own unless it is a massive amount on offer.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:14 AM, Andrew65 said:

Although not a user, I agree that they need to drastically change drugs laws.

Apparently in Canada the tax on legal cannabis has been set a such a level that illicit suppliers can still sell at a profit?

True or not?

True ...the black market is priced below the legal market for the time being.  

Some EU nations have government controlled clinics for junkies who are dispensed free shots of Methadone. The drug related offences dropped overnight.  Legalise all the poison the hardcore junkies take and let them have their shots under government control and supervision in a confined area. 

The problem is more in the "recreational" drugs (cocaine extasy, etc). Lawmakers do not want to legalise and then be held accountable when users will go amock and generate destruction in society. Many road deaths are caused by drivers under cocaine or other deadly mixes. Many crimes of blood or violent rapes are committed by people under influence of PCP, cristal, extasy etc, etc,....and these users will never go to a clinic behind close walls to take their shot and be supervised.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, sanemax said:

That will definitely get a few TV posters aroused and they are now probably thinking of what lewd comments they can make .

Probably thinking of posting something like * Phrooawwr , when I die, I want to get cremated and smuggled into Japan that way* 

Strange that you were the one who posted it though. 

Maybe arousal works in different ways. 

On 10/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, Andrew65 said:

Although not a user, I agree that they need to drastically change drugs laws.

Apparently in Canada the tax on legal cannabis has been set a such a level that illicit suppliers can still sell at a profit?

True or not?

As a citizen with property in Colorado I can tell it is true there.

The shop prices are at least 30-50% higher than black market prices.

However, such prices are still lower than before legalization so the net result is legal availability and lower illegal source prices. Win, win.

And that's not to mention the increase in tourism and new residents.

The real kicker is that each adult in a given househokd is allowed to grow 12 plants with half of them flowering at any point. A 15ft plant is generally about 6ft diameter with dozens of flower dense colas. A plant like this will yield more than a pound of dried flower. People discard the leaves entirely of course. It is legal to 'gift' what you produce and you are allowed to accumulate and store it indefinitely as well. You have to be a truly pathetic person to not be able to get much more than you can ever use at no cost. People are happy to give it away for free. They just enjoy growing the plants.

At least that is what I am told; I have no direct experience mind you.

I have a large greenhouse in my back yard and been contacted by realtors avid to sell my property. Who would have guessed so many people are now interested in growing flowers and veggies?

This is a wave that will inexorably sweep the globe.

Archived