‘Love, Money, and Obligation ’: Why (some) Isaan women love Caucasions

Yinn

This one the new book maybe interesting some you guys.

In Isaan culture, the village is organized by matrilocal kinship system whereby son-in-laws are expected to support their wives by remitting money from their wages to upbring the household without earning the mantle of leadership.

However, as Isaan men masculinity has been associated – whether fairly or unfairly – with undesirable habits like drinking away family funds and cheating on their spouses, they are sometimes seen as a bad option for Isaan women.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/2019/10/02/love-money-and-obligation-why-some-isaan-women-love-farangs/

960A4470-7F16-4AB1-ADB0-AE4B8D187CAC.jpeg

Matthew Brag, an "Instagram celebrity", and his "celebrity actress " fiance Praya Suandokmai (Lundberg), are hardly typical farang-Thai couplings. Both are young and picture perfect and thrive on publicity.

https://www.instagram.com/mrbrag/?hl=en                   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praya_Lundberg

The vast majority of Thai/farang relationships don't fit that profile.

Huge numbers of lovely Isaan Lasses have begun their successful farang relationships in quaint seaside towns where large numbers of retired and semi retired foreigners holiday or live year round. Many farangs have met very good Thai women and have forged lasting relationships as per the input here on TVF, (along with some of the more entertaining 'horror' stories.

22 minutes ago, Yinn said:

However, as Isaan men masculinity has been associated – whether fairly or unfairly – with undesirable habits like drinking away family funds and cheating on their spouses, they are sometimes seen as a bad option for Isaan women.

Hence most farang meet them in a bar beer in Pattaya or Phuket. Money talks, forget 'love'.

It's pot luck with Thai women - from anywhere in Thailand, including Isaan.

My first thai wife (BTS cashier) from Bangkok was a money grabbing old so and so, that forever hates me for bringing shame on her family and divorcing her for bank and business fraud after 3 years - 100% of her friends all divorced their foreign husbands, many of whom she met in the Uk from Isaan.

My 2nd Thai wife (schoolteacher) from Nan- and currently now for 4 years - is my most suitable partner I think I have ever met. Down to earth, lives within our means, picks up 7/11 stamps off the floor and buys all the bogof offers !! we had severe money problems a while back and she went to live in a 50 quid a money room to get by whilst I sorted out the finances in the UK. We live a quiet life with our daughter in Pattaya - purely so I have other farang to talk to. Life is good. 

I can however confirm that my current wife's first Thai husband fitted all the bad categories of the Thai male ! 

45 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Matthew Brag, an "Instagram celebrity", and his "celebrity actress " fiance Praya Suandokmai (Lundberg), are hardly typical farang-Thai couplings. Both are young and picture perfect and thrive on publicity.

And she not Issan person. Her dad is caucasion and mum is fro Ang Thong. (Central). Yinn just post from the link.

This one, Sunaree is from Korat (Issan). 

She famous Lukthung singer. On TV a lot.

She got the caucasion guy 20 year younger! 

C5E28D75-A199-41F5-8704-07A125F4A88E.jpeg

0EE019FD-A684-4A6F-800F-F065A1F62422.jpeg

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

In Isaan culture, the village is organized by matrilocal kinship system whereby son-in-laws are expected to support their wives by remitting money from their wages to upbring the household without earning the mantle of leadership.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I can however confirm that my current wife's first Thai husband fitted all the bad categories of the Thai male ! 

I could see @RichardColeman that the 1st husband would have rathered to turn in his grave, than to follow that bit, above, that Yinn had detailed...   

'cos I mean,,, surely all sons in law would be expected to follow the same rules! no matter what skin they wear...

34 minutes ago, Yinn said:

And she not Issan person. Her dad is caucasion and mum is fro Ang Thong. (Central). Yinn just post from the link.

I was aware she was the daughter of Swede (Lundberg) and a Thai woman and was not from Isaan.. However the link you posted showed this couple when the article written by  Tappanai Boonbandit, Staff Reporter concerned Isaan women marrying farangs. A bit sloppy on the reporters part I would say.

40 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I am pretty sure she fooled you good. ????????????

no, she would leave me right after after the sex party every time, she didnt want to be seen with me due to embarrassment.

she also is millions of times richer then me, in US currency.

she never asked for money since

she knew i couldnt even pay her electric.

in her opinion, i had absolutely nothing going for me beside my penis & discretion

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

https://www.instagram.com/mrbrag/?hl=en                   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praya_Lundberg

The vast majority of Thai/farang relationships don't fit that profile.

Huge numbers of lovely Isaan Lasses have begun their successful farang relationships in quaint seaside towns where large numbers of retired and semi retired foreigners holiday or live year round. Many farangs have met very good Thai women and have forged lasting relationships as per the input here on TVF, (along with some of the more entertaining 'horror' stories.

Many farangs have met very good Thai women and have forged lasting relationships as per the input here on TVF, (along with some of the more entertaining 'horror' stories.

How to define "many" is a very difficult one. I always like your posts, and I know that you're aware of what's going on here and around you.

The problem with the "sunshine stories" is that not too many people would tell you the truth. 

We've seen suicides when a foreigner burned down the house where his daughter lived in and a lot more.

If you say many, could you name a percentage of the existing foreigners, you know?

My number would be meager, to be honest. Many foreign/ Thai couples have the language barrier; even when the girls/ women say yes to a question doesn't mean that they've understood it.

I'm experiencing that with my wife of 17 years. It would be a loss of face to say: " Sorry, I didn't get it, can you say that again, or explain that to me, please?

I figured that out through our son, who's pretty good in English, there's one misunderstanding after the other. 

But at least, I know where I am, "she loves me a little bit, but already a long time."

There's a village in town XXY, Sisaket province, where one girl went to Pattaya and came back with a foreigner who then built a house, bought a car, and some motorbikes. ( I call it Baan Farang.....)

A massive wall around it that no Thai could disturb them. I think that's very sick, Thai ladies need their friends and family members, again the language barrier.

These "good news" for the others, mostly poor ladies, led many others to take the next bus or train to Pattaya, and they also came back with a foreigner who then built a house, bought a car, and some motorbikes.

Some of them now have three + houses from five different foreigners without saying that Thai ladies are of a bad or shady character. 

But they don't tell them that they're Farang number three, or four. Why would they?

It's just the way it is. We had a female in our neighborhood who didn't make a secret out of the fact that she hated foreigners.

She had a tutoring school in her house, but the business dried out, and she ran out of cash. Gambling is a strange habit, and she'd lost a lot of money. 

When all the guys, including "money lenders" came by to take their money, she decided to drive to Pattaya to look for a Farang. No idea if I was a positive example for her, but that's how it was.

I've later heard that she married a Farang from XXY country, no idea if they're still together. 

I've met couples where both were trying to communicate in broken English. There's no way that a 23-year-old girl would love a 69-year-old Farang who can't even have a relaxed conversation, other than the weather with her. 

How long would such a relationship last? Some foreigners even believe that it means a lot for their wives when they invite the whole family on a shopping trip where all can buy what they want. 

That's like digging the grave even more profound. My apologies, no disrespect to older foreigners, I'm old myself — my wife's ten years younger.

I wouldn't even want to be married to a 23-year-old girl who knows some sentences that are usually from friends at a bar.

"Where you flom?" "How ol' are u?" "You laik Thailand?",etc... Then there's the time when they play the perfect loving girlfriend who'll soon be the wife. That's usually how the shi+e starts.

A vast age difference doesn't work out, nor does some small talk in a language both partners can't speak.

I think it's only a myth that Thai ladies are so different, ladies all around the world want to have good sex, some money, a car, a place to stay and some fun.

That's not possible if the guy believes that he bought her. You can't buy love nor friends.

Please be aware that this is only my own personal opinion. 

59 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

no, she would leave me right after after the sex party every time, she didnt want to be seen with me due to embarrassment.

in her opinion, i had absolutely nothing going for me beside my penis & discretion

The often heard "huge penis" love that attracts rich women to poor foreigners, if they can afford it to pay the best looking guys.

But it's a great story. 

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

Yeah, now everybody can read about that lovely discretion. ????????

Please feel free to take pleasure of your own dream as long as possible.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i don't understand. why are they near the same age?

960A4470-7F16-4AB1-ADB0-AE4B8D187CAC.jpeg.b129480ab0dedfa77509b346d3abeb1a.jpeg

Because she is only half Thai and they are clearly dressed up as hobos for Halloween party at International school.

It is apples and oranges from the start.  The way one was raised and the background differences that have literally nothing in common can make it very  hard to relate and converse.  Telling jokes or making references to things can be really challenging.  Language, education, tuff.  At the physical level things can be obvious, but that wears off.  Material level, well, hard to say that is not important.  Of course many of the ladies are to some level thinking of ways to improve their life, thinking of money, their own house, and to some extent showing off a bit.  No problems with that.  We all have a bit of that thought process in the back of our minds. 

11 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Was the headline a question, or were you trying to answer your own headline. Anyway, failed both. What´s the meaning of this thread? Please help me understand.

It keeps the trolling ticking over. 

9 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Please be aware that this is only my own personal opinion. 

You seems to only talk about bar girl relationships. I guess the success story are rare.

I don't relate at all to any of your case. My wife was an office worker that did not learn English in bar. She is 10 years younger.

I live with her family and they don't care about my money at all. In fact they don't care about money. Most of the time when I give them gift they tell me it was not needed but eventually use them. They only care about having food and spending the day talking together.

I'm sure my situation is no unique. In fact most of the time I wonder where all the other poster are living when they talk about Thailand. 

Everyone seems to have the definitive opinion on Thai/Farang relationships, based on their very limited experience.  While most seem to blame the failures and horror stories on the women, I tend to blame the men.  Statistically marriage is a coin toss, even within your own culture and language, yet men come here thinking they are so cleaver and handsome making major life changing decisions with no thought of the consequences and with little or no experience.

I have an absolutely amazing relationship with my wife but I have never met a couple quite like us.  We are far from the norm and can't be put forth as an example of what is attainable for most.  Circumstances vary between people and over time, with no formula which works for everyone at every stage of their lives.  If I were to arrive in Thailand today for the first time, I am quite sure my wife would not give me a second look.  When we met was as important as who we were and who we have become over time.  

Still I understand the fascination with topics like this because it allows for the venting of ones frustrations and self-serving opinions.  Unfortunately, knowledge, logic and understanding seem to play no part in affairs of the heart.????

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Was the headline a question, or were you trying to answer your own headline. Anyway, failed both. What´s the meaning of this thread? Please help me understand.

Is a book review. 

Read the link, you can understand. Not my word, I copy and paste it.

i thought maybe interesting some member because it book about same life them.

Calm down. If you not like it, read another one.

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

You can't buy love nor friends.

So true. 

I think many guy try. They fail, is impossible.

Then they angry everyone for there mistake.

Archived