Is that true? I might only go for a Thai licence

for a motorbike, though.

Thank you in advance.

Hi phuketrichard,

Thank you for your info,

I don't have a Thai driver's licence now, and that's

why I'll have to try to get my 1st Thai licence, not

to renew it.

So is it true that it'll take a month now?

13 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

if u have a current motorcycle license and ur on a non immigrant visa,

A quick trip to immigration for a residency certificate and than 8:30-around noon and you will have ur license same day

Hi PhuketRichard

Do you know by any chance if you have a yellow tabiaan baan or Thai Pink id, you still need the residency certificate ?

I imagine so ...

3 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Hi PhuketRichard

Do you know by any chance if you have a yellow tabiaan baan or Thai Pink id, you still need the residency certificate ?

I imagine so ...

Not sure, BUT if you have a work permit the residency certificate is not needed.

If you dont have a previous license from ur home you need take a course ( I think)  + take a written and practical test in addition to 1 hour videao, eye, color test & brake distance test . i'd say at least 2 days if you dont need the course. No idea if you need do the course but maybe 4+ days

In Phuket, Honda Big wing does a great motorcycle course on their own grounds

• Like 2

On 10/4/2019 at 1:53 PM, phuketrichard said:

Not sure, BUT if you have a work permit the residency certificate is not needed.

If you dont have a previous license from ur home you need take a course ( I think)  + take a written and practical test in addition to 1 hour videao, eye, color test & brake distance test . i'd say at least 2 days if you dont need the course. No idea if you need do the course but maybe 4+ days

In Phuket, Honda Big wing does a great motorcycle course on their own grounds

Thanks PhuketRichard....

• 3 months later...

Renewed mine yesterday. got there just too late for the 0830 video. In with CoR, details page of passport and resident permit. Brake test and colour test then upstairs to wait. 2nd Video showing started late but the lady controlling it got bored and cut it after about 30 minutes. Vids start at 0830, 0930 and 1300- I had got there just before 9 as that's when the lady said I should be there when I asked the week before.

No more mad rushes to queue jump as everyone got issued with a number when she handed out the forms at the end of the video.  Downstairs to booth No 4 and checked details (had a problem with this before and it's a good job I did- they had my DOB wrong). B555 fee (had a joke she's probably heard a million times about ha, ha, ha) and directed to booth 7. Paperwork in the basket and called forward within about a minute for a photo. The longest wait then ensued as the laminator spits out a licence about once a minute and there were a few people ahead of me. I was out of there by around 11 with a 6 year licence as I renewed 3 days after my birthday. Double checked the details again and it was all in order.

Of note the CoR did not require the huge stack of paperwork it did in the past. I just had details page of passport, along with entry stamp, TM card, Visa, Retirement permit and the address reporting slip from the back of the passport. A big thanks to @merijn who confirmed this process prior to my application- the information was spot on as ever. Still B300- I just wish they would make it an official charge like getting a bank letter. 

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 2