Jom immg. Renters retire. Ext. Late 2019 update

Jomtien renters retire. exten. changes update late 2019.

From USA over 50 never had a visa problem or had to go back and fetch more paperwork for well over 10 years.

Please forgive me if this has been covered.
I did my homework and due diligence: google, three pages of both pattaya and thai visa forums here. Some threads were simply too long to tackel.

I am hoping tv pattaya comes to the rescue.

I asked more than one thai landlord and they are reluctant or refuse to sign a lease or contract with me unlike previous years.

Some unanswered questions from my research:

1-Are rental agreements still requried at immg. and are other renters having this issue and what can be done?

1.5 - One LL said its illegal to sublet which was refuted by a noweigian who went to imm. with his tgf  who 'vouched' for him staying with her and he spoke of tm30 and tm28 forms.  One i must submit the other the landlord MUST submit?

2-It must be legal to sublet, yes?  One landlord said her lease says she can not.  This can not yet be confirmed or denied but i dont buy it cause the story is constantly changing.

3-Is this all about the thais not wanting the hassel of reporting farang staying there and/or a maximum 1900 fine for the thai for not previously reporting?  

5-Is 1900 the max fine for the landlord not reporting farang lodger?  Is it ever more?

4-I did read some immg. offices give you 45 days prior to renewal.  Is jomtien only 30 or now 45?

5-Are we now required to report 90 days after the extension that the 800k is still in the bank?

6-Other renters similar experiences, work arounds and helpful info?  Otherwise kindly move on to your next task.

Please also note they are now not legally allowed to charge more than the govt rate for utilities.  Yet maybe another reason they don't want to sign a contract.

Cheers and thanks.

25 minutes ago, peeba7 said:

I asked more than one thai landlord and they are reluctant or refuse to sign a lease or contract with me unlike previous years.

1' yes rental agrement are required at Jomtiem immigration

You can propose to the landlord a standart lease in thai\english, most of the thai

landlords with only 1 or 2 units for rent have no idea how to deal with written contract in english  so you need to be proactive with them and do most of the work.

But if he refuses because he does not want to bother with a contract or pay taxes on your rent

the best thing to do is to move to another location and find a good landlord (There are many).

And most of the contracts do not allow the sub rent.

Edited by kingofthemountain

Mods please move to visa forum.

The questions now are:

1-What is the maximum fine for landlords not reporting be it months or years?

2-Is there a fine for late report of change of address?

3-How to get a medical exception and report early; will documents from hospital do?

4-Other NEW issues renters are dealing with, being refused extensions, etc.

I know of one work around or bypass but can't post it here.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Exactly what paoerwork/evidence is required?

Thanks.

2 copies from your passport,the photo page and the last extension.

2 copies from your updated bank book, the page with your name and the last page. Sign all 4 copies at the bottom in blue ink. 

Plus the paper you get from immigration with the exact date.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, peeba7 said:

5-Are we now required to report  the bank balance 90  days after?

(Site very difficult to navigate on old smart phone)

As others have said, yes.  BUT

ONLY if you have been given the form that states you have to return.  And it doesnot have to be exactly 90 days...if you are out of the country when that falls, then after your return is fine.

It is not a mandatory check; experience suggests that most (or all?) doing their extensions themselves are being given this form, but most (or all?) those using Agents are not.  So those who use an Agent for convenience will likely avoid this small hassle.

PH

Yes, the TM30  reporting is a pain in the ass.

But if you tell the landlord that you will report yourself and you will be responsible for any fines for not reporting, I am sure the landlord will rent out their property to you.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, peeba7 said:

5-Are we now required to report  the bank balance 90  days after?

(Site very difficult to navigate on old smart phone)

Yes , they shall give you such document to sign and in 90 day bring back with documents mentioned on the paper 

90 day notice bank saldo.png

Edited by david555

25 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

ONLY if you have been given the form that states you have to return.  And it doesnot have to be exactly 90 days...if you are out of the country when that falls, then after your return is fine.

It is not a mandatory check; experience suggests that most (or all?) doing their extensions themselves are being given this form, but most (or all?) those using Agents are not.  So those who use an Agent for convenience will likely avoid this small hassle.

PH

But by the new ext. can be a reason for denial if went under the needed money on bank during the running extension

33 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

We are talking about doing it ourselves,not using a totally unnecessary agent. And it's not a hassle,not even a small one. It took me about 20-30 seconds at desk 8, the girl just looked at the copies,then at me,smiled and said: You can go now. At the same time I did my 90 days report,another 3-4 min incl.waiting for my turn. If you call this a hassle and can't even apply for an extension without an agent,then your life must be a struggle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phulublub said:

PH

You don't know what you are talking about. There are loads of people visiting Jomtien Immigration and they're doing the extension themselves. If you don't apply for a 1 year extension without an agent,then you probably don't meet the requirements. Nothing is a hassle at Jomtien Immigration if you have half a brain. And if you sync your 90 days check with the 90 days report, what's the hassle? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You don't know what you are talking about. There are loads of people visiting Jomtien Immigration and they're doing the extension themselves. If you don't apply for a 1 year extension without an agent,then you probably don't meet the requirements. Nothing is a hassle at Jomtien Immigration if you have half a brain. And if you sync your 90 days check with the 90 days report, what's the hassle? 

He isn't the only one. You need to have a little thought for those less fortunate. Sometimes it is just difficult, for some, to make a single trip there. The requirements are onerous, and this year another 'maybe' has been added. 

Yes I do it myself, I agree generally Jomtien makes it an easy experience for the retirement extension, other than requiring 2 visits. Now 3.  

20 hours ago, EricTh said:

Yes, the TM30  reporting is a pain in the ass.

But if you tell the landlord that you will report yourself and you will be responsible for any fines for not reporting, I am sure the landlord will rent out their property to you.

Pain the ass? How?

You hit the nail on the head.

This is the major obsticle and major change that is the NUMBER ONE ISSUE.

We got to that point, I got a contract, rental receipts, and all the paper work required previous years.  

Has anyone done all this by themselves including tm28 and tm30?

If the landlord have never reported me years ago what can i expect?  

What would be the max fine and other new hassles?

• 2 weeks later...