KMIT introduces three innovations to improve Thailand’s street food

webfact

KMIT introduces three innovations to improve Thailand’s street food

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4oAivEoVgAANgMFvG1UWBUYG

King Mongkut Institute of Technology’s Lat Krabang campus has introduced three culinary innovations to enhance the safety of street food and promote tourism, including a robot that cooks barbequed pork.

The institute has also developed cooking courses for beginners and vendors who want to improve the quality, taste and hygiene of street food.

The prototype robotic arm, which was designed by the medical and environmental equipment research lab at the Faculty of Science, can barbeque pork so vendors don’t have to tend the grill all the time and can do other things, said Associate Professor Anupong Songprapa.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/kmit-introduces-three-innovations-to-improve-thailands-street-food/

thaipbs.jpg

(from the link above)

"He explained that the robot was programmed to know how long it takes to cook the meat thoroughly without overcooking.

Another innovation is a fruit vending cart, which is fully equipped with a refrigeration system to preserve the fruit and a water filtering system to ensure that the water used to clean the fruit is hygienic.

The third innovation is the barbeque push cart, which is equipped with a grill, air filter, water filter, a tank to store waste water and oil and a solar powered lighting system."

I'm all for innovation - really.

Just how many food vendors are likely to be able to afford the above items? I'd hazard a guess in single figures, unfortunately.

One of the things that is good about Thailand are the traditional street vendors and their variety of culinary delights. During the week I use many different vendors ranging from buying Phad Thai, Gwai Teow, BBQ Pork, Crispy Pork etc etc. I have never had any gastro problems in the 8-years I have lived here. When you find one that serves up great food you stick with them. I wouldn't go near one that uses a robot or looks like the Starship Enterprise. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

can barbeque pork so vendors don’t have to tend the grill all the time and can do other things, said Associate Professor Anupong Songprapa.

Like sleep,on the job.

Things are getting ridiculous ,supposedly educated people

been paid to come up with stuff like this,can you imagine,

how many satay you would have to sell to pay for a robotic arm.

regards worgeordie

Just now, RichardColeman said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

can barbeque pork so vendors don’t have to tend the grill all the time and can do other things

Like what ? A circus act ? 

Ah, you mean like that barbeque seller a few months ago, peeing while cooking food?

Perhaps he could expand his act to do the same while standing high up above his stall, and aim into the bucket from there.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The prototype robotic arm, which was designed by the medical and environmental equipment research lab at the Faculty of Science, can barbeque pork so vendors don’t have to tend the grill all the time and can do other things, said Associate Professor Anupong Songprapa.

Affordable to every street vendor no doubt! Is it programmed to pour the excess oil and water down the nearest drain? It's becoming more and more incomprehensible the absolute drivel they come up with. 

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Like sleep,on the job.

Things are getting ridiculous ,supposedly educated people

been paid to come up with stuff like this,can you imagine,

how many satay you would have to sell to pay for a robotic arm.

regards worgeordie

The Monty Pythonesque fruits of Thailand's educational system... 

Archived