Japanese men guilty of killing taxi driver

geovalin

Siem Reap Provincial Court yesterday found two Japanese nationals guilty of killing a taxi driver in the province’s Puok district earlier this year. Ishida Reimon and Nakakuki Ryuji, both 24, were found guilty of premeditated murder over the killing of 41-year-old Hoem Chan.

Provincial court spokesman Yin Srang yesterday said the judges’ council found both men guilty and sentenced Mr Nakakuki to 13 years in prison, while Mr Ishida was given 10 years. Mr Srang noted the two men were also told to compensate the victim’s wife.

use-this-1-top-of-pg-3-CHOR0101.jpg Sok Chanroeun prays in front of her husband’s picture at his funeral. KT/Chor Sokunthea

“The Siem Reap Provincial Court has decided to order both convicts to pay 100 million riels [about $25,000] to the victim’s wife,” he said. Sok Chanroeun, the victim’s wife, yesterday said the amount is not enough.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50647874/japanese-men-guilty-of-killing-taxi-driver/

8 minutes ago, geovalin said:

“The Siem Reap Provincial Court has decided to order both convicts to pay 100 million riels [about $25,000] to the victim’s wife,” he said. Sok Chanroeun, the victim’s wife, yesterday said the amount is not enough.

Usually they would talk of the sentence.

Not how much money they should get.

Outside of South-East Asia, of course. 

2 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Outlandish story, can't imagine the reason why two Japanese men, in Cambodia, would premeditate the murder of a taxi driver.

Maybe same as my experience in Brussels, Belgium many years ago.... I walked out of the subway from the Airport to downtown and grabbed a taxi to my hotel.... About 30 minutes later we arrived at the hotel with a hefty 'taxi fare'..... the next day me and the wife went out walking and after 15 minutes walking (walking) we found ourselves in front of the 'same' subway station.......

We felt like killing that taxi driver....... LOL .......

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

In a Cambodian prison? Not sure that would be doing easy time.

I don't know in Cambodian prison in south america they force you to do BJ. When the relatives of these two Japanese come to visit them they will have to bring money- for the gangs to buy cigarettes, drugs, etc., otherwise............

These two Japanese may not survive, they may commit suicide for all I know. Who do you think you are dealing with in Cambodia prison?

13 years is a long long time.

Archived