TM30 / Residency Certificate Question

WaveHunter

A couple of questions.  I've tried to get answers but information on this forum is overwhelming and it seems things change at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office on a daily basis, so I'm hoping some informed person can answer 3 simple questions I have:

1a) I have been living in Pattaya since March but will move back to Chiang Mai next month.  I know that the Juristic person at my new condo in Chiang Mai will file a TM30 with Immigration.  Do I have to make a trip to Imm office to show receipt that proves the Juristic Person filed, or is there no need for that, and I just do my next 90 day report.

1b)  I am assuming that since I just renewed my non-O retirement extension, that resets the clock for my next 90 day reporting date but I'm not so sure because when I just checked status online it still says that next reporting date is 07 October 2019.  My new extension became effective 01 October 2019, so I assume my next 90 day report will be 31 December.  Is that correct or am I mistaken? My last online reporting date was 09 July 2019

2) There are contradictory remarks online about where to get a Residency Certificate in Chiang Mai.  I have read several posts that say you NOT go to the Airport Imm office as they no longer do these, but that you must go to a satellite office across from Promenada:

"...The Immigration Satellite office is located off the Super Highway across from the Promenada Mall. Do NOT go to the Immigration office near the airport – they no longer process residency certificates.  The exact location is listed on the map as the ‘Number One Garage’. ..."

Is this correct?

2 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

No,no, and no.

You have a wealth of incorrect information. Do you search it out for trolling?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

"...No,no, and no. ..." and "...You have a wealth of incorrect information..."  doesn't really give me much help.  Can you give me correct information? 

What do you mean by "...Do you search it out for trolling? ..."?

"...No,no, and no. ..." and "...You have a wealth of incorrect information..."  doesn't really give me much help.  Can you give me correct information? 

What do you mean by "...Do you search it out for trolling? ..."?

Knowing that your information is incorrect does not help much? So sorry, guess I have a weak brain from poor vegan diet or Muay Thai head kicks. Not able to assist further.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Regarding 1a, do you mean I do not have to go to Imm or I do have to go?

As you say your condo office will file the TM30 for you, you do NOT have to go to Immigration relating to that.  But make sure your condo office gives you a printout of something that shows they did the TM30 for you and keep that with your passport.

Now, when you go for an extension at CM Immigration, they likely will have you take that printout up to the third floor to be replaced with a smaller TM30 Receipt of Notification form that they'll staple in the back of your passport (similar to what they do with the 90-day address Receipt of Notification).  If and when you leave and re-enter Thailand, you or your condo office needs to "update" that TM30 Receipt of Notification.  So far, there's no need to do that if you're only traveling within Thailand.

Your comments about the office across from Promenada relate to years' old posts. Now that Immigration here has moved to its new building, you get everything there (residence certificates are obtained on the second floor). 

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

As you say your condo office will file the TM30 for you, you do NOT have to go to Immigration relating to that.  But make sure your condo office gives you a printout of something that shows they did the TM30 for you and keep that with your passport.

Now, when you go for an extension at CM Immigration, they likely will have you take that printout up to the third floor to be replaced with a smaller TM30 Receipt of Notification form that they'll staple in the back of your passport (similar to what they do with the 90-day address Receipt of Notification).  If and when you leave and re-enter Thailand, you or your condo office needs to "update" that TM30 Receipt of Notification.  So far, there's no need to do that if you're only traveling within Thailand.

Your comments about the office across from Promenada relate to years' old posts. Now that Immigration here has moved to its new building, you get everything there (residence certificates are obtained on the second floor). 

Thank you so much for your informative reply.  Actually I just decided to go over to Immigration in Jomtien and speak with an officer there to get some reliable fact-based information

She agrees with what you said about the TM30.  If my condo's Juristic Person actually files the TM30 online and then gives me a print out of receipt, the Imm officer said I only have to staple it to my passport, and that's that; no need to go to Imm office in Chiang Mai.

My concern about whether or not I needed to update my 90 day was answeerd by another poster, and confirmed by the Imm Officer.  Just because Imm just extended my long-stay visa does NOT "reset" the clock on 90 day reporting.  I got mixed up with it being "reset" when you leave and re-enter the country.  So, she gave me a TM47 to fill out right at her desk, and that was taken care of on the spot.  Very nice lady ????  Just mentioning this so that it might be helpful to anyone else searching for the answer.

I already knew about updating TM30 if I leave and re-enter country, and no need if travel is within country, but thanks for mentioning it.  That might be helpful for somebody else who sees your post.

As regards Certificate of Residency, I had a feeling the post I read that on might have been outdated but when they specifically said "not the airport office" and showed a map location across the street from Promenada (not at Promenada), I thought perhaps this was a crazy new rule they came up with.  You have to admit, Chiang Mai Imm has a habit of changing rules and procedures without publishing them.  Anyway, I will assume you are right.

Again, Thanks for taking the time to share your information.  Most appreciated.

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Knowing that your information is incorrect does not help much? So sorry, guess I have a weak brain from poor vegan diet or Muay Thai head kicks. Not able to assist further.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Being on a Vegan diet should make you sharp as a tack; it must be those kicks to the head LOL ????  That's OK, I appreciate your reply.  Still curious what you meant by "Do you search it out for trolling?.

16 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Thank you so much for your informative reply.  Actually I just decided to go over to Immigration in Jomtien and speak with an officer there to get some reliable fact-based information.

Smart to double check the rules.  Compliance is actually fairly easy so long as you know how your particular provincial Immigration office applies those rules.

You apparently were asking a Jomtien Immigration officer about TM30 rules that apply up here in the boonies (i.e., Chiang Mai).  While that officer might know something about that, I personally wouldn't trust it given the disparity of how the various provinces apply the various rules.  For example only, we've seen lots of posts involving some provinces requiring TM30 updating even for being gone from your registered address more than 24 hours in-country (not true in Chiang Mai) and many reports of the requirement to file TM28 forms (which, so far, isn't ever wanted in Chiang Mai).  Uniform application throughout the provinces probably makes sense overall but, on the other hand, my continued hope is that Chiang Mai stays the course with its current rules regardless of what other provinces do or don't.  

25 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Smart to double check the rules.  Compliance is actually fairly easy so long as you know how your particular provincial Immigration office applies those rules.

You apparently were asking a Jomtien Immigration officer about TM30 rules that apply up here in the boonies (i.e., Chiang Mai).  While that officer might know something about that, I personally wouldn't trust it given the disparity of how the various provinces apply the various rules.  For example only, we've seen lots of posts involving some provinces requiring TM30 updating even for being gone from your registered address more than 24 hours in-country (not true in Chiang Mai) and many reports of the requirement to file TM28 forms (which, so far, isn't ever wanted in Chiang Mai).  Uniform application throughout the provinces probably makes sense overall but, on the other hand, my continued hope is that Chiang Mai stays the course with its current rules regardless of what other provinces do or don't.  

That’s what makes the Bureaucracy of Thailand so challenging.  Rules and procedures that vary from one province to another, even from one officer to another within the same province, rules and procedures that change without notice.  It’s all just one big headache to deal with.

Thats what make a forum like ThiaVisa such a wonderful resource.   

5 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

You need to go to Immigration and ask. Since there are variations between provinces and from time to time, how do you know if your information or that you get on the forum is current. Typing is no substitute for first hand knowledge vs a little shoe leather. Using an agent, if they are good, would help if you don't like going to Immigration. There are new reports here about CM immigration is being helpful. 

That might be sound advice if I was currently in Chiang Mai, but I am in Pattaya, planning to relocate to Chiang Mai, so I’d need lots to “shoe leather” to follow your advice.

Some ThaiVisa members are incredible sources of relevant and up-to-date information.  In fact, some such as @ubonjoe probably know more than many officials at Imm or DLP.  

No need to sell ThaiVisa members short as a source of relevant and timely information.

1a. No, but you do have to file a TM.28. I'd suggest you go to the Chiang Mai Immigrations office to do that.

1b. No, your 90-day report is only good for 90 days even if you get an extension in the interim.

2. I don't know the answer to this one for Chiang Mai, but if by "Residency Certificate," you mean a "Yellow Book" or "tambian ban" showing your official residence, in my province (Phetchabun), you have to to one of the province's offices. This book has nothing to do with Immigrations. Maybe, though, by "Residency Certificate," you mean a TM.28. If so, see my answer to 1a above.

17 hours ago, billsmart said:

No, but you do have to file a TM.28. I'd suggest you go to the Chiang Mai Immigrations office to do that.....I don't know the answer to this one for Chiang Mai... 

This is the Chiang Mai forum and, while people do try to be helpful, it would be most helpful if people would not pronounce that some immigration requirement applicable in another province is also required by CM Immigration. 

No TM28 is currently required to be filed at Chiang Mai Immigration.  

Just wanted to post on experience of getting Residency Certificate at Chon Buri Immigration, which I needed for my Thai Drivers License.  The process is actually very quick and efficient at this time.  I arrived at 2pm on Monday with the following paperwork:

• Completed application form  (you can download it at end of this post, including a translation since the form is completely in Thai)
  • Copy of TM-30 (new rule at Chon Buri is that it MUST be signed by your landlord)
  • A copy of my rental contract (also signed by landlord)
  • My original passport, plus copies of main page, TM7 arrival card, visa page, and extension stamp page.
  • 2 photos of approved size on white background.

Paperwork approved by girls at information desk when you first enter building, given a queue ticket and waited for about 10 minutes to be called to submit paperwork to Imm officer.  Was told to come back in one hour (not next day as is true at many Imm offices) for certificate to be processed. 

during that time I went to a medical clinic around the corner and up the street about 10 minutes walk to get a medical certificate needed for my drivers license application (which is why I was getting the residency certificate).  If you need one, here is the location of clinic: https://goo.gl/maps/pabyczhG4HHv1yoU6.  That test took 5 minutes to do and only consisted of a blood pressure test.  Receptionist filled out a form they provided in Thai, asking only my name, height, weight, and then fill edin my BP readings.  Cost was 100 baht.  Out of there in less than 10 minutes. 

Came back to Imm and certificate was waiting for me 45 minutes later. 

Thai-Residency-Certificate-Form.pdf EnglishTranslation.pdf

38 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

" ...Completed application form  (you can download it at end of this post, including a translation since the form is completely in Thai) ..."

Thai-Residency-Certificate-Form.pdf 70.63 kB · 0 downloads EnglishTranslation.pdf 165.73 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry, No English translation necessary; it was for my driver's license application which was all in Thai.

Archived