Kap Choeng today - retirement extension

Successful. Took 75 minutes. KC is a small office but increasingly busy with more staff than I've noticed in the past. Very cheerful atmosphere today and happy outcome for us.

Did 65K monthly method. No sign that 800K in the bank was the only method. My financials were slightly scrambled because of change of rules in January and I didn't get fully under way with TW & Smart transfers until Feb. But my evidence from 2018, together with copy of last year's Oz Embassy affidavit (suggested by someone here on TV) & my Oz superannuation statements for 2019 was sufficient to leap thru the hoops. No question re foreign transfers, though they were pretty-well lined up in my bank statements & bank books (BKKBk FTT).

Did my 90-day report at the same time.

Issue of TW30/28reports (total absence of, ever) didn't arise, most relevantly in relation to our last foreign trip (Vietnam in April). No request for gate photo or map (they know where we live & are hard to miss). I had done 3 or 4 copies of everything I could think of. Most handed back untouched early on in the process - will use the relevant bits again next year! Only 1 copy of anything kept by them as far as I can tell.

Will probably stick with 65K method from now on as (1) I have the balance right now between TW transfers for TI & using my Citibank debit card for equally cheap but stress-free & immediate atm withdrawals, and (2) our fears about their 'policy' stance proved groundless. I think their mention a few weeks ago of 800K related to having a TOTAL of 800K thru the year, not the 800K in the bank method. So should be No Sweat for the future.

Cheers

Edited by mfd101
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, allane said:

I do appreciate your update re no need for a new TM 30. We will be travelling abroad and returning within the next 3 weeks.

Fine, as long as you understand that what happened today does not necessarily have to be identical to what happens in 3 weeks. It's merely offered as a guideline, but the lines are flexible ...

Having said that, I should have added in my post that, as part of the checking of my retirement extension papers, I & my b/f as witness were invited to sign copies in English and Thai of the edicts of last Dec & Jan. Which indicates their full understanding of and compliance with those rules, and mine too. I thought that was a good indication of professionalism at KC.