Hi,

I've searched the forum but cant find an answer thats specific to my situation, so I've started this one and could do with some help if possible.

I started a new rental contract for a house in Phuket on 1st September, but I didn't move in until around 22nd September while I was awaiting new furniture and curtains to be fitted etc. 

My previous contract at my previous address in Phuket officially ended on 30th September, but I'm pretty certain my landlord had never registered or done any paperwork while I'd been staying there for the last 1 and 1/2 years as he lives in Sweden. 

My new landlords are Thai and live down the road from the new house, so getting any paperwork isn't a problem and they seem pretty on the ball.

I'm about to do a short trip to Phnom Penh from 11th to 14th October. My 90 day report is due for 15th October so this trip works ok instead of doing the 90 dayer.

However I've never done the TM30 myself yet. Last 90 day report I was fined 1000 baht as I hadn't notified immigration properly regarding a short trip away, and a lawyer sorted it all out for me.

So...what I'd like to know is what paperwork do I need to take to immigration within 24 hours after arriving back from Cambodia on the 14th October? Is there a post somewhere on here that explains everything - please post me a link if there is. I'd like to have all bases covered! 

Cheers,

Mover1

• Confused 1

Phuket immigration wants a power of attorney from the owners for you to do  the TM30 form yourself.

Signed copies of their house book for the house you are staying and ID card signed by them.

Also a copy of your rental agreement may be needed.

If it is the Thai owner/landlord doing the report, they would take Bluebook and their ID, you could also accompany the owner.. 

UJ explains above for you to do the report on behalf of owner.

Otherwise it would depend if Phuket lets you report as the possessor of the property, if so you would take copies of the owners documents and your lease documents.

Edited by Peterw42

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Phuket immigration wants a power of attorney from the owners for you to do  the TM30 form yourself.

Signed copies of their house book for the house you are staying and ID card signed by them.

Also a copy of your rental agreement may be needed.

Hi ubonjoe, thanks for the quick reply.

I'm a bit confused by your answer, so are you saying that most people use someone else to do the TM30 for them? 

Not sure how to get a POA from the owners if I need to either.

Maybe I'll just pay the lawyer 1000 baht to sort it out again at the next 90 day report due in January 2020, or go on a short trip again just beforehand. 

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If it is the Thai owner/landlord doing the report, they would take Bluebook and their ID. 

UJ explains above for you to do the report on behalf of owner.

Otherwise it would depend if Phuket lets you report as the possessor of the property, if so you would take copies of the owners documents and your lease documents.

Thanks for replying Peterw42.

So are you saying I don't have to do anything, its all down to the landlord/owner?

5 minutes ago, Mover1 said:

Thanks for replying Peterw42.

So are you saying I don't have to do anything, its all down to the landlord/owner?

If your owner is cooperative and will report you, that is correct.

If the owner is not cooperative then it falls on you to do the report. Either on behalf of the owner with a POA or as the possessor of the property if Phuket will accept.

In the longer term it would be good to get the owner or yourself registered to report online.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If your owner is cooperative and will report you, that is correct.

If the owner is not cooperative then it falls on you to do the report. Either on behalf of the owner with a POA or as the possessor of the property if Phuket will accept.

In the longer term it would be good to get the owner or yourself registered to report online.

Thanks for the info Peterw42, that really helpful. The landlords own around 25 houses on this street and also live on it themselves, so I'm guessing they're up to speed with this stuff. I'll try asking them about it and hopefully they'll handle it all.

Cheers!