Bangkok Bank FCD Sterling back to UK

I have an FCD Sterling account with Bangkok Bank funded from various Swift transfers from UK

Can I transfer this money back to my UK bank in Sterling

or what options do I have ?

Obviously the source of the money is recorded with Bangkok Bank as coming from the UK so no issues there

Can I even withdraw the money in sterling from Bangkok bank if I give them notice ?

I have an FCD Sterling account with Bangkok Bank funded from various Swift transfers from UK

Can I transfer this money back to my UK bank in Sterling

or what options do I have ?

Obviously the source of the money is recorded with Bangkok Bank as coming from the UK so no issues there

Can I even withdraw the money in sterling from Bangkok bank if I give them notice ?

You can swift transfer the money back to the UK in sterling because that's where it originated from but you won't be able to go to a branch in Thailand and take it out in sterling. They will only give you Baht.

9 minutes ago, trd said:

You can swift transfer the money back to the UK in sterling because that's where it originated from but you won't be able to go to a branch in Thailand and take it out in sterling. They will only give you Baht.

No problem to withdraw in Sterling but they charge around 2%.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/-/media/files/personal/other-services/branch-services/international-branches/fcd_expat.pdf?la=en&hash=1B0B689C0A49EEFBB89232262CF1DAF23FC55920

I can't imagine why anyone would want to withdraw sterling notes in Thailand. You can't spend it here. Swift transfer it to the UK at 0.25% I have a sterling FCD account with Krungsri. It's the same rate. I can use my FCD debit card to get baht straight out of an ATM with no commission charges and the normal exchange rate.

Archived