Sisaket-Khukan Foreigners.

Huckenfell

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am thinking of moving to this area, but worried that there will be no English speaking ex-pats to mix with. I am Australian of English birth.

Move to Pattaya instead....lots of Thais from Sri-saket and lots farangs to talk English with. [emoji39]

1 hour ago, dreaming said:

Having spent alot of time in sisaket, Khu Khan and Prangku I can assure you there are more normal farangs in Pattaya.

Having spent alot of time in sisaket, Khu Khan and Prangku I can assure you there are more normal farangs in Pattaya.

Yes but it must cost them a fortune shagging bar girls as that is what they are there for. Not my style thank you. I have no desire to live in a big brothel zone.

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

No thanks , that's for <deleted>. I am normal, just want a quiet life.

You sound inexperienced and judgemental. Are you sure other foreigners will want your company? I suspect the Pattaya expats enjoy their lives in Pattaya in part, due to abscence of <deleted> like you! If you are going to live in that part of Thailand you need to learn Thai and enjoy Thai culture. Bogan is not big there. Good luck.

OK Sunnyboy 2018, let's put this into context. I spent 3 months in an apartment in Jomtien last year, with a Thai woman from one of the outlying provinces. We went into Pattaya only twice on the baht bus, didn't stay longer than 3 hours on either occasion. It reminded me of the most depressing and horrible place I'd ever been (Rhyl, North Wales) but with more obvious ways of relieving one of one's money. My second visit was to try and ascertain just what my friends in the UK saw in the place apart from the women of easy virtue.....I couldn't see it.

I don't know what has caused you to accuse Huckenfall of being inexperienced. Inexperienced in what? The man knows what he dislikes, so how is that judgemental? Everyone to their own I say, and who are you to criticise his decisions?

4 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

but worried that there will be no English speaking ex-pats to mix with.

Be thankful. Be very thankful.

A blessing in disguise.

The less the better.

Generally, the better parts of Thailand are the places with the fewest expats.

By the way, by the grace of God, i'm English.

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

Yes but it must cost them a fortune shagging bar girls as that is what they are there for. Not my style thank you. I have no desire to live in a big brothel zone.

wait wait wait wait wait....you are telling me pattaya is a brothel ? why am i not living there then.

sincerely 

mr sandman

There is at least one other Ausie guy Just outside Prang ku not too far from Khukan. 

I'm English  there sometimes too, but am currently stuck back in  in France, sorting out my status here post-brexit . Don't expect to be back before early next year and will be leaving again in June anyway as my step-son is moving back to bangkok then, so I'm not really a good prospect.

Have met a few other English at markets and waiting for the bus at Khukan bus station, so there are a few more around. 

1 hour ago, tebee said:

There is at least one other Ausie guy Just outside Prang ku not too far from Khukan. 

I'm English  there sometimes too, but am currently stuck back in  in France, sorting out my status here post-brexit . Don't expect to be back before early next year and will be leaving again in June anyway as my step-son is moving back to bangkok then, so I'm not really a good prospect.

Have met a few other English at markets and waiting for the bus at Khukan bus station, so there are a few more around. 

Thanks mate, my partner has land at a village called Lomsak just out of Khukan off the Sisaket road.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, Huckenfell said:

I have no desire to live in a big brothel zone.

There are many places in Thailand that are quite nice... country people are great. Learn to speak the language and customs and you will have the time of your life...

But, why Sisaket? That doesn't sound too normal... 

On 10/5/2019 at 12:20 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Be thankful. Be very thankful.

A blessing in disguise.

The less the better.

Generally, the better parts of Thailand are the places with the fewest expats.

By the way, by the grace of God, i'm English.

Don't tell everyone. Now they'll all be looking for places with the fewest ex-pats????

11 minutes ago, findlay13 said:

Don't tell everyone. Now they'll all be looking for places with the fewest ex-pats????

That's why I'm staying in Pattaya. All the expats here apparently are either moving to another (cheaper) country or "up-country" to get away from other expats so soon I will have the whole place to myself ! (Well, me and 3-4 million Chinese and Indian tourists.) 

I will be like a god to the local bar owners (and select members of the opposite sex) ! :w00t::w00t:

Spent a bit of time in Sisaket a few years back. Small town, it is definitely "the sticks." Cuckoo's Nest seemed like the main (only?) expat hang out in town -- near the train station, American owned, good Western food. They had quiz nights going and I met a few English teacher expats.

Ubon and Surin and even Buriram have much more of an expat scene than Sisaket, and more to do in general I reckon. Out of those four lower Isaan provinces, I'd choose Ubon. 

On 10/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, Huckenfell said:

I am thinking of moving to this area, but worried that there will be no English speaking ex-pats to mix with. I am Australian of English birth.

Count yourself lucky not to have to put up wit a lot of english speaking expats. where we are there are only a few and we don't see /talk to them  , except one .Peace and quiet.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:33 PM, dreaming said:

Are you one of these "normal Farangs"?

OP. in Sisaket , but also in Khukhan and Khun Han are plenty of foreigners and places to meet them.

It's pretty much the same everywhere, you'll find good and bad guys. 

19 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Count yourself lucky not to have to put up wit a lot of english speaking expats. where we are there are only a few and we don't see /talk to them  , except one .Peace and quiet.

What a nonsense and racist post. We all communicate in English here.

It's not where you're from, it's who you are. And reading your post, I have my doubts about you. I'm glad not to know you. 

There's only a minority who only speak German, or Norwegian.

The majority are from English speaking countries. Americans, Brits, Australians, and South Africans. 

1 hour ago, dluek said:

Spent a bit of time in Sisaket a few years back. Small town, it is definitely "the sticks." Cuckoo's Nest seemed like the main (only?) expat hang out in town -- near the train station, American owned, good Western food. They had quiz nights going and I met a few English teacher expats.

Ubon and Surin and even Buriram have much more of an expat scene than Sisaket, and more to do in general I reckon. Out of those four lower Isaan provinces, I'd choose Ubon. 

You're so wrong. Times are changing and I'm certain that Sisaket these days has quite a lot of foreigners and some decent foreign restaurants.

Ubon Ratchathani is much bigger than Sisaket, of course are there more foreigners. Ubon is only 65 km away, there's also an airport. 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, Huckenfell said:

No thanks , that's for <deleted>. I am normal, just want a quiet life.

So,why choose Sisaket? You can of course move there,it will be quiet and boring. Do you know anything about Thailand? 

I live in Kantharalak, I am Danish, and here are foreigners from many countries. 

There is an Australien who opened a bar/restaurant a few month ago.

Pizza4you and Black Dog are other places where foreigners meet.

The town has a Tesco and soon a Global House and a lot of local shops and restaurant.

Houses for rent at reasonably prices.

There are more ratings in Sisaket than you think. A lot of them spend time at the Kuckoo's Nest. It's "owned" by an American named Brian. There's not a lot to do here; but, the "booming" metropolis of Ubon is only an hour away. All the horror stories you read about immigration pretty much do not exist in Sisaket. Normally in and out in less than 15 minutes. I personally travel to Ubon 3 times a week (early morning). We have a small group. If you need more info check out the Cuckoo's Nest on FB. Brian will give you all the info you need.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, Huckenfell said:

What a good boy.....!

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

What a nonsense and racist post. We all communicate in English here.

It's not where you're from, it's who you are. And reading your post, I have my doubts about you. I'm glad not to know you. 

There's only a minority who only speak German, or Norwegian.

The majority are from English speaking countries. Americans, Brits, Australians, and South Africans. 

Why is this a nonsense post ? Is it because we like it Quiet?Or that You Don't like it if we don't talk to many people? I know now who's talking <deleted>  :jap: 

Archived