Sisaket-Khukan Foreigners.

Huckenfell

24 minutes ago, perconrad said:

I live in Kantharalak, I am Danish, and here are foreigners from many countries. 

There is an Australien who opened a bar/restaurant a few month ago.

Pizza4you and Black Dog are other places where foreigners meet.

The town has a Tesco and soon a Global House and a lot of local shops and restaurant.

Houses for rent at reasonably prices.

Wow,the town has a Tesco. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

You sound inexperienced and judgemental. Are you sure other foreigners will want your company? I suspect the Pattaya expats enjoy their lives in Pattaya in part, due to abscence of <deleted> like you! If you are going to live in that part of Thailand you need to learn Thai and enjoy Thai culture. Bogan is not big there. Good luck.

well he is right about brothel zone...I think he got that part right...

judgmental....sounds like it BUT why not beeing open what one like and what not...in LOS mixing w. most falangs you need to lower your expectations about human race ...otherwise you go nuts as most marry patty hookers and move w. them to the wider sisaket area ..playing normal happy life where in real they involved in a permanent  business transaction...( the bmwid / but my wife is different /  syndrom is rampant there like a virus ).. thats  unusual for western standards ( yes u frequent hookers but u dont try family w. them ) most main stream westerners would think u nuts to put it  mildly and they will tell u straight in ur face...

also Thais think u are nuts but they are more tolerant and will never tell u / means they dont give a s...t about you as u are falang not thai.... they see their people of the receiving end of the money pipe...if they have an opinion about anything ( not so often the case w. thais ,) they might think of what a smart women these patty hookers are squeezing such gimps... also they understand poverty and heavy social pressure...and if one or many crawls out of that hole they admire them...

my advise...if thailand is what u really want.... learn thai mix with thais of a better social class ...learn and adjust to their ways ... if u are still there after some years and positive I think u experienced a change of values and judgements...and end up with a lot of interesting experiences and friends ...

if u just want a place to hang out with ur beer buddys and dont give a s...t about thailand thais and their ways stay home... save yourself and others the disappointment...as i assume u search for a positive experience in your later years not a bitter one that lets u end up sarcastic and very very  lonley ( not into the hooker game or drugs and not into thais alike ) ..

anyway chock dee...

there are plenty of ex-pats here.. check out the "monday lunch club" in Ubon first monday of every month 11:30am @ Lai Thong hotel, not far from the airport. expats come from near and far. tons of information from people who actually live around here... that's tomorrow if you're in the area... cheers

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Why is this a nonsense post ? Is it because we like it Quiet?Or that You Don't like it if we don't talk to many people? I know now who's talking <deleted>  :jap: 

Here's what you wrote:

"Count yourself lucky not to have to put up wit a lot of english speaking expats. where we are there are only a few and we don't see /talk to them  , except one .Peace and quiet."

You seem to be a racist who doesn't like people from English speaking countries?

"We don't see/ talk to them?" That might be your own opinion, but you can't speak for others.

I am considering that most expats in the area are from English speaking countries, but you decided that these people aren't worth talking to them? 

Everybody who's from an English speaking country is regarding your post a bad person, not worth to talk to or even look at them?

You don't have to be friends with everybody, but you have to accept other nationalities.

If you don't understand that, then it's your problem. 

I'm glad that I don't have to "put up with people like you." ( using your words).

Thank you very much for your kind consideration. Good day.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, Huckenfell said:

Yes but it must cost them a fortune shagging bar girls as that is what they are there for. Not my style thank you. I have no desire to live in a big brothel zone.

You don't seem to understand how big Pattaya is from north to south Jomtien. Have fun in Sisaket,and don't become suicidal. You sound like a newbie,and you will probably get disappointed. 

WHATEVER you do, don't get locked into a one-year contract anywhere. Try different places for a week or two. You'll get a sense for whether or not you like it. I personally live in a high rise in Na Jomtien, and it's great for me. Many folks couldn't STAND it. Took me about 15 years to really find the place I wanted to settle into. Pattaya bad, blablabla

On 10/4/2019 at 6:27 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

You sound inexperienced and judgemental. Are you sure other foreigners will want your company? I suspect the Pattaya expats enjoy their lives in Pattaya in part, due to abscence of <deleted> like you! If you are going to live in that part of Thailand you need to learn Thai and enjoy Thai culture. Bogan is not big there. Good luck.

A very good point as all expats need to learn the basics of the Thai language or be stuck having to be around other foreigners in the tourist slums. Besides nothing worse than spending hours of each day playing charades with the Thais to get a simple point across.

36 minutes ago, quandow said:

WHATEVER you do, don't get locked into a one-year contract anywhere. Try different places for a week or two. You'll get a sense for whether or not you like it. I personally live in a high rise in Na Jomtien, and it's great for me. Many folks couldn't STAND it. Took me about 15 years to really find the place I wanted to settle into. Pattaya bad, blablabla

I wouldn't call Na Jomtien Pattaya. You can't stay much further away. 

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

A very good point as all expats need to learn the basics of the Thai language or be stuck having to be around other foreigners in the tourist slums. Besides nothing worse than spending hours of each day playing charades with the Thais to get a simple point across.

Pattaya bad (hint: tourist slums) blah blah blah

18 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Everybody who's from an English speaking country is regarding your post a bad person, not worth to talk to or even look at them?

You said that Not me . So why are you calling me a racist?I never said anything racist to you or about anyone .You are the one  who's  saying that about me. all I said we like piece and quiet. I didn't say what race or colour. In the name of Satan AMEN.   ????

52 minutes ago, digger70 said:

You said that Not me . So why are you calling me a racist?I never said anything racist to you or about anyone .You are the one  who's  saying that about me. all I said we like piece and quiet. I didn't say what race or colour. In the name of Satan AMEN.   ????

Maybe you should take a look at your post and what you wrote. 

21 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Here's what you wrote:

"Count yourself lucky not to have to put up wit a lot of english speaking expats. where we are there are only a few and we don't see /talk to them  , except one .Peace and quiet."

You seem to be a racist who doesn't like people from English speaking countries?

"We don't see/ talk to them?" That might be your own opinion, but you can't speak for others.

I am considering that most expats in the area are from English speaking countries, but you decided that these people aren't worth talking to them? 

You don't have to be friends with everybody, but you have to accept other nationalities.

If you don't understand that, then it's your problem. 

I'm glad that I don't have to "put up with people like you." ( using your words).

Thank you very much for your kind consideration. Good day.

Just to point somethings out....

1. You can't be racist by way of language. That is a nonsense comment you made..

2. The post you quoted did not mention anything about other people speaking or not speaking to every one. It even said that there is one guy that he talks too. That is a nonsense comment you made.

3. The post you quoted said there are only a few expats there and that they don't see them. Not that they don't want to see them. Another nonsense comment you made.

4. The post you quoted said nothing about not accepting others. In fact, if you read it correctly and read between the lines  the post shows he does accept them but maybe does not get on with them so chooses to stay away. Good idea. Saves the prospect of conflict. So another nonsense comment you made.

All in all you have totally misread the post. What is wrong with someone wanting to be in a quiet place away from things? Why not ask those that need English speakers near them ,why?

13 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Just to point somethings out....

1. You can't be racist by way of language. That is a nonsense comment you made..

2. The post you quoted did not mention anything about other people speaking or not speaking to every one. It even said that there is one guy that he talks too. That is a nonsense comment you made.

3. The post you quoted said there are only a few expats there and that they don't see them. Not that they don't want to see them. Another nonsense comment you made.

4. The post you quoted said nothing about not accepting others. In fact, if you read it correctly and read between the lines  the post shows he does accept them but maybe does not get on with them so chooses to stay away. Good idea. Saves the prospect of conflict. So another nonsense comment you made.

All in all you have totally misread the post. What is wrong with someone wanting to be in a quiet place away from things? Why not ask those that need English speakers near them ,why?

"Count yourself lucky not to have to put up wit a lot of english speaking expats."

What does this comment sound like in your ears? You're the one who should read better.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, kenk24 said:

There are many places in Thailand that are quite nice... country people are great. Learn to speak the language and customs and you will have the time of your life...

But, why Sisaket? That doesn't sound too normal... 

The OP partner own a land here, as usual 

Post 15 = ''Thanks mate, my partner has land at a village called Lomsak just out of Khukan off the Sisaket road.''

I wonder if building a house is on the way or not yet

11 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Post 15 = ''Thanks mate, my partner has land at a village called Lomsak just out of Khukan off the Sisaket road.''

I hope he'll finish the house before getting suicidal. ????

30 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

well, I wish the op good luck in whatever endeavors... 

54 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"Count yourself lucky not to have to put up wit a lot of english speaking expats."

What does this comment sound like in your ears? You're the one who should read better.

It sounds like someone who is happy with their environment.

I have read the post once more and cannot see anywhere any comments about being racist, not liking everyone, not speaking to everyone, not accepting others and all that. Please point me in the right direction of something that I have missed.

To quote only half of what someone says, when the other half goes on to explain in a little more detail, is nothing less than selective reading to try to change the slant of the content.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

I hope he'll finish the house before getting suicidal. ????

I hope too

i have managed to stay 5 years lost in the sticks

i was the only farang in a small thai village at 50 kms from a medium city

a nice experience in immersion but i have prefered leave before dying of boredom.

I am also concerned about this as I will be moving upcountry in a few years to retire. Where I will be there are very few foreigners and no real neutral place to meet up such as a bar-cum-restaurant, so I will probably just wing it. Luckily, however, I am fluent in Thai so at least if I can't have conversations in English, I will not be cut off from all conversation with others. However, I do like a natter in English every now but what I will not do is invite any foreigner back to my home until I really get to know him/her. There could be nothing so awkward as inviting someone to your home a few times for a natter and a coffee only to realize you actually don't like them and want nothing more to do with them. How would you go about giving them the hint that they should not bother dropping in again and are never to darken your doorstep again?     

41 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The OP sounds quite down to earth and happy.

I'm sure he'll be fine, unless he gets someone like you moving in next door.????

I am not that stupid moving to Sisaket. I think I know a bit more about living out in the sticks than the OP does. 

Archived