Sisaket-Khukan Foreigners.

Huckenfell

Having not been to Thailand yet, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but...

Per my wife "Pattaya bad, blah blah, blah.."

I have no desire to live in a tourist area when we retire, and move back to her village, but having a few "normal" American/Brit/Aussies around would probably be nice.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, kenk24 said:

There are many places in Thailand that are quite nice... country people are great. Learn to speak the language and customs and you will have the time of your life...

But, why Sisaket? That doesn't sound too normal... 

But, why Sisaket?

cos he met a bird in Pattaya thats different and thats where her family live 5555555

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I am not that stupid moving to Sisaket. I think I know a bit more about living out in the sticks than the OP does. 

Still  learning, i have only been here 14 years now. 2 years at Kanchanaburi and 12 years here, also a lot of internal travelling, so i really don't need advice from the youngsters and newbies thank you all.

20 hours ago, digger70 said:

I did ,,,,  that's why I wrote the last reply,,,,,Don't reply I am not interested in your insinuations.

So many judgemental youngsters in here with no real experience in life and mostly still got their brains  between their legs, however i guess they will grow up one day .

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The OP partner own a land here, as usual 

Post 15 = ''Thanks mate, my partner has land at a village called Lomsak just out of Khukan off the Sisaket road.''

I wonder if building a house is on the way or not yet

She already has a small house, so why build another ?

On 10/6/2019 at 4:34 PM, Max69xl said:

You don't seem to understand how big Pattaya is from north to south Jomtien. Have fun in Sisaket,and don't become suicidal. You sound like a newbie,and you will probably get disappointed. 

If you call 14 years being a newbie, then yes i am !

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Please do not waste your time. 

It is my understanding you are not a native English speaker.

This comment is not racist and should not be deemed as such.

It is a good idea not to question a native English speaker's knowledge when you, yourself, are not a native speaker. You may end up looking foolish.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:18 PM, IraqRon said:

I know of several expats who dallied with Phisaket females all to their regret, seems that women from this area are some of the most preditory in LOS.

Haha! I'm looking forward to exposing that view to my local friends and their wives. Most have been together at least 10 years but I'm sure the wives will have something to say about the preditory (sic) stereotype!

On 10/4/2019 at 7:18 AM, EVENKEEL said:

As soon as you arrive in Pattaya....your soul is lost forever. Pattaya bad, blablabla

That's OK.  Even though I have personally saved at least one person's life by rescuing him from being frozen after the senior fell into a snow bank in the middle of winter and almost froze to death, I avoid churches for fear of bursting into flames.  14 trips to Pattaya so far and I don't think I was that bad of a person.  I guess will find out about the soul thing in a few years when I pass.  So far, just stories and folk lore!

On 10/8/2019 at 10:18 PM, Huckenfell said:

I guess you have never been to Isaan. So please mind your own business.

I've lived in Isaan for 12 years - only 30km from Khukan as it happens (hope I don't bump into you). Locational info accompanying my avatar might have stopped you guessing wrong.

33 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

OMG!  not an Arsenal supporter.   But why should i bother to look at a trolls avatar, it could be anything,  Why are you afraid of bumping into me ?

look huckenfell, there's idiots everywhere, moving to the middle of nowhere will not give you an escape from them, especially when you make a point of seeking them out once you get there. good luck

On October 4, 2019 at 9:57 AM, BRUFC said:

OK Sunnyboy 2018, let's put this into context. I spent 3 months in an apartment in Jomtien last year, with a Thai woman from one of the outlying provinces. We went into Pattaya only twice on the baht bus, didn't stay longer than 3 hours on either occasion. It reminded me of the most depressing and horrible place I'd ever been (Rhyl, North Wales) but with more obvious ways of relieving one of one's money. My second visit was to try and ascertain just what my friends in the UK saw in the place apart from the women of easy virtue.....I couldn't see it.

I don't know what has caused you to accuse Huckenfall of being inexperienced. Inexperienced in what? The man knows what he dislikes, so how is that judgemental? Everyone to their own I say, and who are you to criticise his decisions?

Great post.

5 hours ago, jastheace said:

look huckenfell, there's idiots everywhere, moving to the middle of nowhere will not give you an escape from them, especially when you make a point of seeking them out once you get there. good luck

Thank you very much for your advice, which i do not need. good luck.

4 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Great post.

Have to agree, so thank you both, there are at least some decent people here who can communicate in a reasonable manner. I am 84 years old, been around this world a few times and yes i do know what i dislike and i can take care of myself, but that ability is beginning to fade. So once again many thanks for your consideration. All the best.  H !

4 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Great post.

Hi BRUFC,  i think that most of them go to Pattaya for the Stunning architecture and beautiful scenery which possibly compares well with Liverpool, Manchester, Grimbsy  etc., its all they know in life.  Enough said !

I moved to Thailand over 20 years ago. I have been happily married for 17 years and we moved up to my wife's village here in the Amphur of Khukhan 11 years ago. So I can claim a reasonable knowledge of the area, given I live in a small subsistence farming village. 

There are a good few westerners living around the province that speak English. Understand that because of the remote nature we are spread out and you need to travel to meet up. There are many opportunities to meet like minded people and most I have met and now consider friends, are just normal guys enjoying living here. 

To me, enjoying living in places like this is entirely up to me. They are small, close knit communities that are very traditionally Buddhist and animism governs the culture. You will not change that and unless you adopt or at least understand how to live in that environment, I doubt you will be happy to stay home most days. 

Khukhan is not like big city Bangkok or tourist resorts like Pattaya, it is a small rural town. 

Archived