BANGKOK
Huckenfell

Sisaket-Khukan Foreigners.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:04 AM, Huckenfell said:

OMG!  not an Arsenal supporter.   But why should i bother to look at a trolls avatar, it could be anything,  Why are you afraid of bumping into me ?

Huckenfell, I withdraw the hope I don't bump into you comment. I think we got off on the wrong foot.

You posted: "I have no desire to live in a big brothel zone" in response to someone who was promoting Pattaya as a place to live

Happy Grumpy posted in response to you " So you're moving to Isahn? "

I commented "Racist ... but amusing nonetheless!" - in response to Happy Grumpy. My assumption was that his comment was to cast Isaan as a big brothel zone, so I was accusing him of a racial slur, though I found his quick-fire response to be quite witty, if one set aside the stereotyping.

I think you may have thought I was commenting on you and accusing you of being racist and amusing, which I was not - my remark was addressed to Mr Grumpy. That's why I could not understand why you posted " I guess you have never been to Isaan. So please mind your own business." I thought that to be rude and unnecessary, which is why I hoped not to bump into you.

For the avoidance of doubt I will have no problem bumping into you if we can start with a clean sheet and take each other as we find. Life's too short!! If you need an introduction to things Kantharalak I'll be happy to meet up and provide a tour.

[First time I've been accused of being a troll on ThaiV or anywhere]

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

This topic brings a smile to my face as do many that seem to get off topic as soon as they start. We were asked if there are other expats living in the chosen area where one of us, the OP, is planning to live. I put my hand up, yep, I have lived here quite happily for years and know of quite a few similar people in the area. 

Yet we seem to have turned this into a competition of which location is best? Which has the best food, entertainment etc... Why?

Are there any other TV members who live around here who would like to announce themselves? So far the list is pretty short!

4 hours ago, puchooay said:

Actually I re thought my post and that brings things down to similar distance to yourself. Your post is now a mis quote. Never mind. Anyway, I would not want to nor do I need to travel far at all 4 to 5 times a week for good food. As an example, Indian food here in Thailand, or anywhere else outside of the Sub Continent, is not going to be a patch on true Indian food. I would much rather create the more authentic taste that I prefer at home.

From what i see on Samui, all the Indian restaurants are run by Nepalese.

3 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Huckenfell, I withdraw the hope I don't bump into you comment. I think we got off on the wrong foot.

You posted: "I have no desire to live in a big brothel zone" in response to someone who was promoting Pattaya as a place to live

Happy Grumpy posted in response to you " So you're moving to Isahn? "

I commented "Racist ... but amusing nonetheless!" - in response to Happy Grumpy. My assumption was that his comment was to cast Isaan as a big brothel zone, so I was accusing him of a racial slur, though I found his quick-fire response to be quite witty, if one set aside the stereotyping.

I think you may have thought I was commenting on you and accusing you of being racist and amusing, which I was not - my remark was addressed to Mr Grumpy. That's why I could not understand why you posted " I guess you have never been to Isaan. So please mind your own business." I thought that to be rude and unnecessary, which is why I hoped not to bump into you.

For the avoidance of doubt I will have no problem bumping into you if we can start with a clean sheet and take each other as we find. Life's too short!! If you need an introduction to things Kantharalak I'll be happy to meet up and provide a tour.

[First time I've been accused of being a troll on ThaiV or anywhere]

Thanks mate, here's hoping we catch for a beer sometime. Sorry to offend you but i initially asked a simple decent question and suddenly became victim of all sorts of sarcastic replies, it was completely uncalled for by some replies, although not all. So once again thanks.

30 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

This topic brings a smile to my face as do many that seem to get off topic as soon as they start. We were asked if there are other expats living in the chosen area where one of us, the OP, is planning to live. I put my hand up, yep, I have lived here quite happily for years and know of quite a few similar people in the area. 

Yet we seem to have turned this into a competition of which location is best? Which has the best food, entertainment etc... Why?

Are there any other TV members who live around here who would like to announce themselves? So far the list is pretty short!

Have to have an Aussie BBQ one day !

Just now, Huckenfell said:

Have to have an Aussie BBQ one day !

Done it before, happy to repeat any time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, puchooay said:

Actually I re thought my post and that brings things down to similar distance to yourself. Your post is now a mis quote. Never mind. Anyway, I would not want to nor do I need to travel far at all 4 to 5 times a week for good food. As an example, Indian food here in Thailand, or anywhere else outside of the Sub Continent, is not going to be a patch on true Indian food. I would much rather create the more authentic taste that I prefer at home.

But in CM they have that awful Burning season.  I was talking with a couple who had cut short their holiday in CM because of it and flew down to Samui, From what they told me it was rather nasty.