Sewing lady or shop needed please

cheeryble

There is a sewing shop in Warorot market that I have used for something a little simpler than what you need.

Directions? The market being the jumble it is, I wouldn't even know how to begin. Best I can do is that it's on the second floor. Go up and find the clothing stores, and ask one of them. That's what we did and got directed to the shop.

There is a sewing shop in Warorot market that I have used for something a little simpler than what you need.
Directions? The market being the jumble it is, I wouldn't even know how to begin. Best I can do is that it's on the second floor. Go up and find the clothing stores, and ask one of them. That's what we did and got directed to the shop.

I remembered those places from many moons ago.
I think theyre mostly doing small repairs.
I think this needs a place with a work table.
Maybe I’ll have a look for some material at Wararot, can at least check them out.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is an area where they sell cloth and zips etc. It's near the Sikh temple.
I don't remember the name of the area, but locals should be able to tell you.
I walked there from Loi Kroh road and went roughly north.

The Sikh Temple on the East side of the Ping River? Is there another one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The Sikh Temple on the East side of the Ping River? Is there another one ?

Perhaps he means the Chinese temple turn right at the Indian haberdashery on Chang Moi

Not much difference except one bows the other wobbles his head

On the contrary, I'm an admirer of the Sikh nation particularly and have a very good Chinese friend.
BTW it’s Cheeryble, after the wonderful Cheeryble brothers from Dickens who I emulate.
Cherry was a prefect in Billy Bunter.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

There is an area where they sell cloth and zips etc. It's near the Sikh temple.
I don't remember the name of the area, but locals should be able to tell you.
I walked there from Loi Kroh road and went roughly north.

Thank you, I found the Sikh Temple you were probably referring to and it is near a great sewing supply shop. On the wrong way road.

22 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Perhaps he means the Chinese temple turn right at the Indian haberdashery on Chang Moi

Not much difference except one bows the other wobbles his head

No, it's the Sikh temple on the west side of the Ping. Blink and miss it.

Google Wat Nam Tharee. 

There are loads of haberdashery shops in that area, sure to have a tailor or two.

The problem is there are sewing shops for repairs and others who are dress makers
For your valance try
270 Ratchapakhinai Rd Chiang Mai they do repairs and may likely do what you ask
the material you will use will be heavier most dress makers will not want to do it.
first floor on worral rd market is worth a try since you might buy your material there.
on google maps its an old photo round the corner from Jok sompet on the main drag down from North gate

No, it's the Sikh temple on the west side of the Ping. Blink and miss it.

Google Wat Nam Tharee. 

There are loads of haberdashery shops in that area, sure to have a tailor or two.

I’ve seen that building on the reverse street and wondered about it.

Noticed the first word in Thai on the sign is "Wat." And as there’s a Sikh Temple ...I think....elsewhere., couldn’t figure it out.

My bad

The problem is there are sewing shops for repairs and others who are dress makers

For your valance try

270 Ratchapakhinai Rd Chiang Mai they do repairs and may likely do what you ask

the material you will use will be heavier most dress makers will not want to do it.

first floor on worral rd market is worth a try since you might buy your material there.

on google maps its an old photo round the corner from Jok sompet on the main drag down from North gate

A great answer!

Get you about the heavy material.

Yes I know jok sompet and notice they’ve just pulled it down. So if you think that shops most suitable I’m better off heading there.

By the way I looked in one of the material shops at wararot, and while I was there I asked the Indian man about shrinkage… Should I wash and dry before it gets sold before it gets sewed SEWED?

He said you don’t have to worry about that sort of thing these days.He mentioned cotton and I was thinking he was telling me it was 100% cotton. I thought cotton shrank. Go figure.

What do you reckon?

IMG_8483.JPG

that type of material no shrinkage though no harm done maybe more peace of mind if you wash it first

bought something like that myself thick enough for upholstery
though i did not need sewing

but you may want to use a lighter type of material for the top best would be the beige type its used for linings or in some countries for making parcels different thicknesses you'll want the thicker one
its up to you wont save that much cash

yes jok moved two doors up and the corner lot is being redeveloped probably another chinese funded hotel.

that sewing place is just an example of who might be more likely to do this type of request

When I think about it I reckon shrinkage is unlikely if something is dried on a line… I think it happens most with hot tumble dry.

I actually went to see that lady at 270 yesterday… Ha ha

She was incredibly difficult to communicate with but nice enough I said I’d ask the Mrs. to get in touch.

e then west down whizzed WHIZZEDDown to WARORot Where I found some simpler material also 80bt per meter for 150cm wide. Too late to buy but I think it will do. I also met a charming fellow FELLA doing the rounds with his dad collecting cardboard

At 80 bad per meterI might as well not put a different panel in the top of the bed just use the same stuff. My only thought is will it fit in the washing machine. I guess so it’ll only be about twice as big as a sheet and a bit thicker

IMG_8513.JPG

IMG_8508.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I have a pair of black shorts that are too loose; consequently, I put a piece of string between two belt loops - which I pulled tight, then tied. The string is white; however, I do not know if it matches.

tenor.gif.3d844924b39769c338dd9a5142725165.gif

They actually have these things called belts which funny enough the belt loops I made for :-)

Archived