husband and wife can steal from each other and none will go to jail

justin case

you must love Thai laws, right

husband and wife can steal from each other, acts of theft and fraud will not be punished  and none will go to jail for it

you probably must think I am trolling, right ?

TITLE XII
OFFENCE AGAINST PROPERTY
CHAPTER 1
OFFENCE OF THEFT AND SNATCHING
Section 334 Whoever, dishonestly taking away the thing of other person or which the other person to be co-owner  to  be  said  to  commit  the  theft,  shall  be  imprisoned  not  out  of  three  years  and fined not out of six thousand Baht.

Section 335 Whoever commits theft under any of the following circumstances:

Section 336 Whoever, commits theft by snatching in presence is said to commit snatching, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding five years and fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht.If  the  snatching  causes  bodily  or  mental  harm  to  another  person,  the  offender  shall  be punished with imprisonment  of two  to  seven  years  and  fined  of  four  thousand  to  fourteen thousand Baht.

and now the cherry on the cake :

Section 71 If the offences as provided in Section 334 to Section 336, first paragraph, and Section 341 to Section 364 are committed by a husband against his wife, or by a wife against her husband, the offender shall not be punished.

so be afraid, be very afraid my little farangs that are still married

mine did her homework, she knew from her lawyer she could steal my money, gold, ... and tried to steal more and did, covered by Thai law

12 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

thank for the warning.

can i go outside now?

No Uncle, its dangerous. But if you must go, go straight through to Soi Bintabaht and go home right after you are done! How long does it take you to drive there and back, Ill add 10 minutes.

I heard a story from a couple where the guy had a second apartment for his mia noi.

His wife found out and trashed that apartment completely.

What could he do? Nothing! Because they were married she had every right to go to that apartment and do whatever she likes. She owns it exactly like he owns it.

At least that is how I heard that story and I am pretty sure the source is reliable.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

No Uncle, its dangerous. But if you must go, go straight through to Soi Bintabaht and go home right after you are done! How long does it take you to drive there and back, Ill add 10 minutes.

because of the surging Baht my dreams are shattered and I have to stay home and eat cat food.

I'm having mackerel tonight. 

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

At least that is how I heard that story and I am pretty sure the source is reliable.

same thing happened to me in California.

That is why I am on the other side of the planet luring Thai women.

13 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

because of the surging Baht my dreams are shattered and I have to stay home and eat cat food.

I'm having mackerel tonight. 

Uncle, You should go to Vietnam or Central America. That will solve all your problems. 

What?  You married a Thai woman that lies, steals, and drops her panties at every opportunity...? 

You are so unlucky!   ????

Thai police view couples problems as solvable...they may sit down with a couple if called to arbitrate...this includes mild cases of domestic violence.

Best to cut your losses as quickly as possible and put this chapter of your life behind you...

The thai government doesn't want to get involved in the rigmarole that is thai domestic life (esp in the poor strata)

Bogus claims and counter-claims would clog the court system for eternity

My 2 cents. 

To be exempt from "punishment" does not mean that a spouse cannot attempt to recover stolen property from the other spouse. There will be issues of whose property (and how much of the property) was taken/stolen, since property acquired during marriage is generally considered "jointly owned" property. And the police are generally reluctant to get involved in any domestic dispute, except where physical harm has occurred or is threatened. This latter point also applies to couples living together not legally married. One more very good reason NOT to get married to a Thai woman in Thailand.... 

On 10/5/2019 at 4:50 AM, GSec said:

The thai government doesn't want to get involved in the rigmarole that is thai domestic life (esp in the poor strata)

Bogus claims and counter-claims would clog the court system for eternity

My 2 cents. 

bogus... lol...

bank check of x amount at certain year x

bank check minus big sum of money (few hundred thousands of bath) returned and rest deposited on her own account, but bank does not or cannot give copy of that for my proof at police station / court

On 10/4/2019 at 7:10 PM, justin case said:

mine did her homework, she knew from her lawyer she could steal my money, gold, ... and tried to steal more and did,

Your fault for leaving it where she could get it IMHO.

You can't trust women, especially not the one in your bed.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, BritManToo said:

Your fault for leaving it where she could get it IMHO.

You can't trust women, especially not the one in your bed.

Try to marry a good one for a change. When living with a bargirl much younger than you, what do you expect, true love?

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

When living with a bargirl much younger than you, what do you expect, true love?

I expect frequent sex, the thieving, lying and cheating can usually be managed with a bit of forethought.

I always found 'true love' a little disappointing in the 'frequent sex' department, especially after I'd paid for the house.

Archived