Passport issuing country, ticket from Bkk to Cebu

Kaalle

I have a swedish passport issued here in Thailand at the embassy. So in my stupitidy while booking a ticket for Cebu I put Thailand as issuing country because this was the first result in google when i checked for the correct way. Can i still use the ticket or will there be problems? Do i have to cancel it? Trying to get through to the airline hotline. 

1 hour ago, Kaalle said:

I put Thailand as issuing country

Does this imply your are Thai national or is that separated?

What airline is it?

Is it really the booking or online check-in (already)?

Some airlines seem to allow to change these parameters by "manage booking" (or how it is called).

36 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Does this imply your are Thai national or is that separated?

What airline is it?

Is it really the booking or online check-in (already)?

Some airlines seem to allow to change these parameters by "manage booking" (or how it is called).

Seperated.

Cebu pacific

Booking not check in

Thats the stupid thing, you are asked for nationality on your passport as well as issueing country. And then after the booking is completed they present a text to you where there is info about travel documents etc and it says issuing country has to match your nationality, this should of course be mentioned above or below the box you have to tick. Can imagine half of those who have a passport issued abroad make the wrong choice in the box. 

It is not possible to change by yourself online and the hotline is ofcouse swamped. I just got some help though from a friend who has friends working in the specific airline and she assured me this can be changed at check in by the staff. So alls well that ends well. But a horribly stupid booking procedure that I have never encountered before. And google gives you ten different answers in the matter. Need a nap now...

Edit: Should have wrote those who have a passport handed to them abroad, wether or not they are sent by mail to the embassy or printed at the embassy I guess varies. And are they issued at the country of origin or issued where they are reveived haha. At the end of the day this choice seems to be based on semantics rather than something definitive. 

Archived