Fingerprint procedure??

Tim207

Could someone tell me exactly what to expect with the fingerprinting? Seeing as I don't have the same number of fingers as the average joe, I want to know if I should expect bureaucratic hassles. I Prefer not to relive my experience in Malaysia where the io repeatedly demanded i put a finger, that clearly does not exist, on the scanner. 

at the airport its all right hand fingers and then the left followed by both thumbs, so 3 images in total, so not separate images of each digit. if something is different to the norm i assume they make a note.

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:
4 hours ago, steve187 said:

at the airport its all right hand fingers and then the left followed by both thumbs, so 3 images in total, //

Sometimes the thumbs are not done

… and same for left-hand.

I think that if your fingerprints are already in the system they recognise you with your right-hand scan and the process stops there. (no left-hand and thumbs scans)

At least it's what happened to me at my 2 last entries.

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

… and same for left-hand.

I think that if your fingerprints are already in the system they recognise you with your right-hand scan and the process stops there. (no left-hand and thumbs scans)

At least it's what happened to me at my 2 last entries.

so i was correct to advise the op, who has not been fingerprinted before, that he will need to do right fingers. left fingers and then both thumbs

Archived