Dog transfer company to UK

Dear Sir /Madam :

I have a Jack Russell to move to UK to settle with us. 

Do you have any recommendations for the moving company in Thailand and UK please? 

Please share your experience when you moves your pet out /in Thailand. 

Thank you very much. 

Tian 

I brought two Boxers from Taiwan to Thailand. No problems. I have tried to find the agent I used but can't find the name card.  It was 10 years ago so I guess better to find a new one.

You will need an airline that ships animals - not all do.  You need to check your dog will be able to travel with you on the same flight - dog in the hold (not with you on seat).  Some airlines only ship animals on their cargo flights only.

The crate/box you use must be big enough for the dog to stand up - this is a regulation that will be enforced.  One of my Boxers was so big that the box we had to use very nearly didn't fit through the x-ray scanner - yes, they did x-ray scan the dog !

Be sure your dog is familiar with drip feed water bottles and how to drink from them. They will be in this box for a number of hours - no good having a water supply system they don't know how to use.

I believe this applies to all dogs but ours were both chipped. I think this is mandatory.

My dogs were going from a non Rabies country to one where it existed - so no quarantine needed upon arrival.  You are doing it the other way around - there will be quarantine in the UK.  Not sure how long but ask for the quarantine to be done near where you will live. Easier for you to visit.

Don't worry about the paperwork side of things - the agent will do everything for you and tell you what vaccinations/certificates you need to get - any good vet will be able to do this.

Be prepared for the cost of everything - this is not cheap.

Other than that it went like clockwork.  

It's worth it all just to see the reaction from your dogs when they see you for the first time after the flight - priceless !

OP see if you can find any of the old threads as there was a lot of information on them (I know the search function is not very user friendly).

2/3 years ago I used this company to send 2 GSDs to Europe -http://www.dynamicaircargo.com/index.php?name=services&file=readservices&id=95 although had to do a lot of preparatory work separately.

The dogs will need to be chipped, rabies jabs up to date and the vet take blood samples and send to an approved centre in Europe for rabies certfication.  

The whole process was started more than 3 months (minimum from memory) before intended transfers.

The largest cost part for me was the air freight cost as it is based on the volumetric cost of the dog and crate - size and weight combination. You are more fortunate in that your's should not be so much......

4 hours ago, topt said:

OP see if you can find any of the old threads as there was a lot of information on them (I know the search function is not very user friendly).

2/3 years ago I used this company to send 2 GSDs to Europe -http://www.dynamicaircargo.com/index.php?name=services&file=readservices&id=95 although had to do a lot of preparatory work separately.

The dogs will need to be chipped, rabies jabs up to date and the vet take blood samples and send to an approved centre in Europe for rabies certfication.  

The whole process was started more than 3 months (minimum from memory) before intended transfers.

The largest cost part for me was the air freight cost as it is based on the volumetric cost of the dog and crate - size and weight combination. You are more fortunate in that your's should not be so much......

Once in country size isn't such an issue, Only difference is the amount of food (and possibly medicines).

Wish they would apply the same "all up weight" cost to people also.

Archived