Judge shoots self in court after being forced to change verdict

rooster59

It's odd that he would feel so guilty. No one actually gets the death penalty in Thailand. This isn't the US. DP is mostly for show in Thailand. They let you out of prison after a few years if you behave yourself. And immediately if you can pay the bribe. There is more to this story than we are being told. A judge would know that the 5 defendants would never do any serious time. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Duck J Butters said:

It's odd that he would feel so guilty. No one actually gets the death penalty in Thailand. This isn't the US. DP is mostly for show in Thailand. They let you out of prison after a few years if you behave yourself. And immediately if you can pay the bribe. There is more to this story than we are being told. A judge would know that the 5 defendants would never do any serious time. 

I guess you never been to Thailand, or just a short time

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/29/death-sentences-upheld-in-thai-backpacker-case-zaw-lin-wai-phyo-hannah-witheridge-david-miller

Let's just say I had zero confidence in the independence of Thai courts before reading this, and my opinion hasn't improved since reading this.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he will be willing and able to share the full details.

1 minute ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Story is now being published in the international press.

Not to worry, they already saying judge was stressed, they will spin it into some nervous breakdown and personal problems

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

One would assume someone connected very high up threatened him and he bowed to the pressure.

Now that he didn't succeed in his attempt to end it all, will he be coming forward with naming the perpetrator. I won't hold my breath. 

Oh go on, hold your breath.  After your stunning deduction regarding the judge bowing to pressure, a little entertaining comic relief may be just what's needed. 

It's not easy being a whistle blower or holding your breath.

As we all know, being a whistle-blower in Thailand (not to mention most countries!) is a guarantee of an "accident" in a matter of weeks.

Maybe this judge was smart enough to "pretend" to commit suicide, but made sure he only harmed himself so as to bring to the world's attention this corruption ....and no one but he will ever know the precise truth of this.....in the meantime everyone is talking about it, and, with luck, there will be some kind of "inquiry".

Erm, no....this is Thailand.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I recall something about someone saying that 50% of inmates in the Thai prison system are framed, or jailed to protect the guilty. Not sure if that came from someone in the Corrections Department or an academic study or a NGO.

Whatever, but many years ago a (foreign) friend who was an innocent party in a fatal accident was forced to pay all costs and fork over money to the dead man's family, an injured victim and the police. When the police threatened him with some manipulated evidence, he said he would challenge it in court with photographs of the evidence to prove he was innocent. To which the police replied: "Hahaha, we don't lose in court." So he paid. An interesting point here is that he had certain police connections, but those people wouldn't back him against a Thai. (The dead Thai man was totally responsible for the accident -- p!ssed, out of control.)

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Now THAT is some heavy duty pressure on a judge by someone with substantial connections & influence. 

Very sad to agree with you, this Judge has honour.

The B2 have been the victim of this type of influence.

Very sad.

13 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

"despite the lack of sufficient evidence to convict any of them" 

The judge believed there was not enough evidence but at last three of them were condemned to the death penalty.
One can understand that the judge was upset and more could feel guilty for not having had the courage or the strength to refuse such an injustice.  
My wife saw the story on TV it could be a minister who gave this order?  But since the judge is not dead the story is far from finished

I think the story is finished.

A bullet in the chest tends to solve a lot of 'problems'

14 hours ago, car720 said:

We joke and laugh about it because T.I.T. but in reality the same type of gangsters that are running this guy are running every government in the world.  What chance the little guy?

The online acronym finder found Teacher in Training, and Time In Transit and a bunch more... but I don't think your T.I.T. means any of them. 

What does your acronym T.I.T. mean? 

37 minutes ago, Catoni said:

The online acronym finder found Teacher in Training, and Time In Transit and a bunch more... but I don't think your T.I.T. means any of them. 

This is ???????? Thailand 

17 hours ago, Briggsy said:

How very convenient for somebody. Is this really believable?

Unfortunately here in Thailand it's not only believable it all too common.

People with influence run everything to their liking, it has nothing to do with justice.

From another source:

The judge said he was threatened by regional justice chief Permsak Saisrithong to deliver a guilty verdict on the five defendants, or Khanakorn himself would be placed under a disciplinary hearing if he disobeys. 

20 hours ago, car720 said:

We joke and laugh about it because T.I.T. but in reality the same type of gangsters that are running this guy are running every government in the world.  What chance the little guy?

Very true.  The Cabal is a sad reality that most have no clue about.  And who protects them the most?  The main stream media that is controlled by them...  The Cabal is pure evil.

RIP Judge.

19 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

The judge believed there was not enough evidence but at last three of them were condemned to the death penalty.

Which would have meant that the case would be still open and the police would have to start looking for the right criminals.

18 hours ago, Parker2100 said:

If it were gangsters, wouldn't they want the verdicts to be Not Guilty?

The fact that they wanted guilty verdicts, suggests that pressure came from Government.

which is precisely my point.

6 hours ago, Catoni said:

:cheesy:This is Thailand. :cheesy:

22 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Now THAT is some heavy duty pressure on a judge by someone with substantial connections & influence. 

Thai PBS World hints to the pressure coming from senior judges (who probably is connected)

2 hours ago, JMSIII said:

Very true.  The Cabal is a sad reality that most have no clue about.  And who protects them the most?  The main stream media that is controlled by them...  The Cabal is pure evil.

RIP Judge.

He aint dead

Archived