Jazz remote locking can I get locked out?

cheeryble

Hi 

I was on here some time ago about getting the locking thingy fixed and ended up getting one fixed and one new spare.

I notice that often when I unlock the car and get in within short time all the locks will suddenly lock.

I'm concerned that if i leave the keys inside which i often do popping into a shop or at home the doors will lock and ill be locked out.

Is it possible there's some sort of failsafe device to stop this happening?

For example if the cars not in PARK one cant get the keys out. Maybe something similar with the lock?

10 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Is it possible there's some sort of failsafe device to stop this happening?

Yes, that brain thingy, think what you are doing when you get out of the car and ALWAYS TAKE THE KEY WITH YOU!

Mine ( not a Jazz ) only does it when the car is moving. Otherwise if it's just parked it doesn't happen.
Might be a computer fault.

Mines a Jazz and it doesn’t lock the doors just parked, only when it gets up to a certain speed ( 20 km ? ).
If I open the car with the remote but don’t physically open a door it locks again after 30 seconds or so.

It might be a standard security feature - if you unlock the car but don't open the door, car will lock back after 10-30 seconds (depends on make). Same with passive anti-burglar lock, when the car lock itself up when you start to drive and reach 20 km/h.

Archived